US West IGNORE THIS POST and RSVP TO OTHER POST for THIS TRIP. MY RALLY POINT POSTED TWICE - 01/19/2019

• HTML tutorial

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

For those interested in joining us the weekend of January 19th-20th, we'll be taking a trip out to Ocotillo Wells and Anza Borrego area for some overnight camping , wheeling and exploring.

This is open to all skill levels, all rig types and for basically anybody who has free time to get away for either the day, or stay over night if that works into your schedule.

The initial group who planned this trip are in the Orange County area, so we'll be meeting at 6AM, Saturday, January 19th at the Starbukcs off Green River and 91 Frwy. in the center North of the freeway. From there we will caravan out to the Ocotillo Wells area off Highway 86 and S-22, where we will head over to setup camp near the 4X4 Training Center. If you happen to live in the Riverside County area and would like to go, we can coordinate a 2nd Rally Point somewhere off the 215 Frwy/10 Frwy area, and then head out.

Once we are setup at base camp, we will have a safety briefing, gear check and route planning. Plan on eating lunch while out wheeling and not back at camp.

As of this post there are at least 4-6 of us who are planning on staying over night and wheeling Saturday and Sunday before heading home sometime Sunday around 3PM. Again, you can join us for camping or make this a day trip for Saturday if you want, or even meetup with us on Sunday morning if that works out better for your schedule.

Gear Needed:
Food/Water/Drinks
Personal Camping Gear/Clothes (if staying over night)
Firewood (if staying over night)
2 Way Radio (if you have)
Recovery Gear (Ideal)

Phone service is spotty throughout Ocotillo Wells and Anza Borrego, so the plan is to use 2 way radios for some communication, and plan on it being a bit chilly at night, so dress appropriately.

For any questions about this trip, don't hesitate to contact me on my cell at 949-554-9110 (Jeff)

View Rally Point