I AM JAKE'S | Jade | Interior Rebuild | 94 YJ

• HTML tutorial

TacoBox

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

South San Francisco
Member #

Will the bed be mounted at that "Uphill" angle? Or will the rear half pivot up to adjust for the angle that the jeep is parked on? Cool build

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Ooooo interesting idea! Haven't seen something setup like that before. I'll have to keep an eye out for the video, curious to see how it functions.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Definitely interesting bed set up...look forward to the video. Love the new drawer slides. Jade is looking great Jake.

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
I'm wondering, now you're "two up", if something like this might be an option - (watch from 0:00 to 6:15) You could give something like that a try through a rental company like this one http://www.rentoffthegrid.com although theirs are a little bigger than the Oregon Trail'r.

Maybe a go-fund-me project.

Or, a do-it-yourself project like this
http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/recreational-vehicles/clc-teardrop-trailer.html

I'm also not sold on the roof top tents (if that's a better option), but I've been thinking about renting one of the Tepui tents through Tepui to see if it's something that would be a good option.

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I'm wondering, now you're "two up", if something like this might be an option - (watch from 0:00 to 6:15) You could give something like that a try through a rental company like this one http://www.rentoffthegrid.com although theirs are a little bigger than the Oregon Trail'r.

Maybe a go-fund-me project.

I'm also not sold on the roof top tents (if that's a better option), but I've been thinking about renting one of the Tepui tents through Tepui to see if it's something that would be a good option.
Nice! I appreciate the suggestions!

FN-2187

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Gerhard
Last Name
Erdelji
Member #

Jake,

I saw the video on YouTube last night. I liked the enthusiasm from both of you as you set off on this next phase of your adventure. I'm curious though, why not go with a roof top tent (or similar) and use the back of Jade for 100% storage? I would think that would be much more comfortable for two plus the dog.

Reactions: Overland 505

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Jake,

I saw the video on YouTube last night. I liked the enthusiasm from both of you as you set off on this next phase of your adventure. I'm curious though, why not go with a roof top tent (or similar) and use the back of Jade for 100% storage? I would think that would be much more comfortable for two plus the dog.
I needed to get a better sleeping situation quick. I'm not ruling out a RTT, but I will be getting a trailer and see how things progress from there. Thank you!

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
I was walking through an outdoor store a few weeks ago, and I came across this:

Glamping by cobblecrazy, on Flickr

Now I know this would be much harder when doing the side of the road, or stealth, camping, but in most of the dispersed camping spots I don't see why this could not be a quick - happy significant other - setup (I found a queen sized inflatable bed on sale for under $10).

I've slept in snow trenches, foxholes, reclined on my motorcycle, and a variety of other not so luxurious spots. Regardless of gender, most people can make due with just about anything, but it seems there is a change when you have to co-habitate. Life becomes so much more pleasant when you're greeted by a smile rather than the under eye bags after a sleepless night.