Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynden, WA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Just bought a 2019 Rebel, I lucked out and found one in the exact configuration I would have built if I'd ordered it new:
5.7L
NO airbag suspension
NO E-torque bolted on
NO upgraded Info-tainment console
NO glass roof
Quad-Cab (only slightly less roomy than the Crew-Cab, but mine provides a longer bed WITH a shorter wheelbase)

All these options left off really helped me get this thing for a great deal, well inside my budget for a truck I didn't previously consider being able to afford.

I was struggling to make up my mind between a midsize (Tacoma) or full size truck (probably a tundra) until I stumbled across this one for sale... I bought it the next day.
Only thing I wish it came with would be the optional upgraded 33gal fuel tank, might price that out in a few months.
FYI, the big tank is a bolt in mod. It is just longer than the small one.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Ha ha. yes, because that's what a wrangler is, a pretender. Yep. you hit the nail on the head there. Follow me in your fake 3/4 ton and see what happens, sounds like you have a big case of vehicle envy. Every second word was cheesy. As I said before, the only thing cheesy is your truck pretending its a real 3/4 ton.
I'm not argue that Rubicon has better capabilities on off road than any pretty much stock truck . But I definitely will go farther on road than Wrangler. Well might be to say my ride will be more enjoyable than Wrangle on same 800 miles .
I do 800 miles in less than 11 hours I want to see some does 800 miles on Wrangler with 37 tires .

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I'm not argue that Rubicon has better capabilities on off road than any pretty much stock truck . But I definitely will go farther on road than Wrangler. Well might be to say my ride will be more enjoyable than Wrangle on same 800 miles .
I do 800 miles in less than 11 hours I want to see some does 800 miles on Wrangler with 37 tires .
No.problem again. I drive my wrangler 1000 in one day at times to pick up my son at university. Please. You have never ridden in a jk or jl if you think it rides rough. Yj yes. Jk no. My Jeep rides better on the road for comfort than my Audi a4. My Audi is faster but that's not what I bought my Jeep for. And no. You will go no farther than a Jeep in tour 3/4 ton poser truck. Oh. BTW. Do a search on aev wrangler drifting.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
No.problem again. I drive my wrangler 1000 in one day at times to pick up my son at university. Please. You have never ridden in a jk or jl if you think it rides rough. Yj yes. Jk no. My Jeep rides better on the road for comfort than my Audi a4. My Audi is faster but that's not what I bought my Jeep for. And no. You will go no farther than a Jeep in tour 3/4 ton poser truck. Oh. BTW. Do a search on aev wrangler drifting. Or would like me to do that too? I will give you the gist of the video. Aev wrangler with 4" of lift and 37s. Sideways on a track. Daily Driving in a wrangler is not an issue. No matter how big the tires are. Hell. If your playing that game. I would like to see you put 37s on your truck with 2 " of lift. I can with my Jeep. [emoji16]

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

AEV are based on RAMs. Why do you think Aussie do based on Chevy, Ford or Ram but not Wrangle. It's coming AL platform for Gladiator but way different than Wrangler. Also crash test is worst in industry , safety is important now days as insurance is very expansive. I would rather drive Ike you said Poser truck than Wrangler any day . It's fun truck as truck crawler but it's not for everyday commute.
Btw is more Wrangler Posers than on real truck. Those mid age guys with removed door and 40 wheels rolling in towns and makes looked like it's cool. Most Rubicon owners paid 60 to 80 for thier poser truck to drive to Costco !

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
This comment proves you have no clue what you are talking about. Aev was started using the wrangler as a platform. Not a ram. Not a Colorado not any other vehicle. Btw. Watch out trying to tow a load with your faux 3/4 ton truck. Rumor has it the Cummins in that is no where near the drivetrain the dodge version is. More of a poser truck. Have the badge on the side but nothing to back it up. Just like yourself. Again. Follow me in your fake 3/4 ton truck. Oh wait. You won't make it.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

This comment proves you have no clue what you are talking about. Aev was started using the wrangler as a platform. Not a ram. Not a Colorado not any other vehicle. Btw. Watch out trying to tow a load with your faux 3/4 ton truck. Rumor has it the Cummins in that is no where near the drivetrain the dodge version is. More of a poser truck. Have the badge on the side but nothing to back it up. Just like yourself. Again. Follow me in your fake 3/4 ton truck. Oh wait. You won't make it.
AEV has most famous by Ram trucks as called Prospector.
Wrangler platform is really bad as it's too small. Do you know it has less cargo capacity than WK2 Jeep?!
It's nothing wrong with Nissan Cummins people talking shit about because thinking Nissan ia not American truck but what people don't know it's more USA Made than any of big 3 trucks. One becoming Fiat/Peugeot, other two produce their some of trucks in Canada .

Good luck in your journey, btw don't forget to get a pair Bose noise cancellation headphones , as loss of the hearing is bad and hard to restore as you are jumping in 1000 mile journey.

Last edited:

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I bet you guys are fun at parties.
I have fun, and we good conversation with little spice. Lots people has loyalty to brand or model, I'm more when what can be choose and not break a bank, more universal and make sense as I have family too. I can go with less cost and knowing it's might not best quality but similar to best. I have budget and responsibilties.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I am the same. I paid less than half the cost of a new truck for my wrangler. I tried other vehicles and bought another wrangler after I sold my last one. We needed a wrangler for what we do. A truck was not as good off road and my Jeep was better on road as well.

I bought the best, the original and the only......Jeep.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I had a YJ and made sure to do all the jeep things with it. The Wranglers have only enough weight rating for a tent and passengers. Trailers, RTT's and such put nearly all of them over the limit if they have any tools or coolers.

Eventually nearly all of my camping had fullsize trucks camping in the same areas, as our tight jeep roads were long gone. Replaced by atv trails and horse trails. I see little reason to complete a jeep trail more than a couple times. I'll move on to something new.

I was jealous of the fullsize trucks. Anywhere they can go, they are a far better choice than a jeep. A jeep is only a better choice when the trails are tiny or extremely hardcore places that trucks just can't go. In my AO, that no longer exists. Dirt roads, even tight dirt roads, are better in a fullsize.

Our hardcore off road stuff is a loop. Not overlanding. 99% of the time, the trail circles around to the same trailhead it started. That's wheeling, not traveling.

Where does the fullsize win?
-90mph on the hwy. Uphill with a 10,000 pound trailer if need be. It can cover slab in less time than a jeep, everytime.
-stability in hurricane like weather conditions. I did 35mph in water nearly a foot deep, for hours in a drw truck. None of my jeeps could ever do that.
-Roof doesn't pee on passengers.
-Passengers don't puke as often.
-Stable on sandy roads.
-real campers, not just tents. can sleep at rest stops, walmart, anywhere.
-real cargo capacity
-real AC. In the truck and in the camper.

Only real big downside is a stiff ride. But you're sitting on 8" of foam. Get over it. It's fixable anyways.

If I have the desire for a jeep again. I'll get one. But I'd have to move to an area where jeep trails still exist. Right now, motorcycles fill the jeeps role perfectly. I switched to fullsize luxury in 2017.

My point is, buy the correct vehicle for the task at hand. There are different types of overlanding. Complete all of those boxes on your bucket list made for that vehicle. Then switch to a different vehicle for the rest of your list. Jeeps can't do fullsize things, and vice versa. But for me, overlanding is fullsize biased right now. We're also doing more regular camping, state parks, and travel more. Things the jeep could not do as well.

''If it fits, it ships. ''

''And IBA4ROTHRISTAFS.''

In before a 4 runner owner thinks his ride is smaller than a full size. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19mystic96

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I was looking for truck few few things:
remove German shepherd from cabin, people who own those dogs know what does it mean
having ability to really overland not just off road, yes I lost off road like real big boulders, but Labrador and Newfe is never be able to do in Jeep with kids and dog, not enough space
more stable on hwy
better everyday commute.

NorCalDutch

Rank II

Enthusiast II

NorCal
First Name
Dutch
Last Name
Roell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QWN
Service Branch
USMC
Im historically brand loyal to the blue oval but have to go with the Rebel in this case unless you can find an ‘only driven to church on Sunday by a little old lady’ Raptor. Fat chance there. You’ll likely be handing over the cash to a 30 year old in a flat brimmed Monster cap with his ears tucked in it. Pass on that!

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Depends on region. In NVA you will find a bunch IT guys driving Raptor and never uses off road. They have bunch of money and cool truck was a solution to get laid. But few years later needs update image to "Green guy", so moving to Tesla 90D with bunch options like Ludicrous mode. I seen many very wealthy people here with such crazy trucks.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I was looking for truck few few things:
remove German shepherd from cabin, people who own those dogs know what does it mean
having ability to really overland not just off road, yes I lost off road like real big boulders, but Labrador and Newfe is never be able to do in Jeep with kids and dog, not enough space
more stable on hwy
better everyday commute.
Again, you have never driven or even been in a Jeep since the JK by the sounds of it. It's awesome as a daily driver, and just a great on the highway. Not a reason not to buy one. Not having enough space is, your lame excuses about being crap as a daily driver holds ZERO MERIT!

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Im historically brand loyal to the blue oval but have to go with the Rebel in this case unless you can find an ‘only driven to church on Sunday by a little old lady’ Raptor. Fat chance there. You’ll likely be handing over the cash to a 30 year old in a flat brimmed Monster cap with his ears tucked in it. Pass on that!
Agreed. That being said, there is a raptor in town here owned by a dentist. It's in MINT condition. He bought it because we get alot of snow and he wanted the best off road truck to drive to work. Ha ha ha. I will buy that one!

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Again, you have never driven or even been in a Jeep since the JK by the sounds of it. It's awesome as a daily driver, and just a great on the highway. Not a reason not to buy one. Not having enough space is, your lame excuses about being crap as a daily driver holds ZERO MERIT!
It's good that works for you . I drove one and my friend's he is taking his wife Dodge Durango to our girls soccer tournaments. He said it's a little brutal and unforgiven long trips
But I never said it's no good for off road. It's one best with short base. Toyota Land Cruiser is another perfect off road and road truck .

Last edited: