First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
UPDATE TO ALL:

I have reserved 5 campsites at Wingray Campground in Waynesville for Friday evening. I am going to cap the trip at 12 rigs due to space constraints on the trail and campsites for Saturday evening. If you need more space, there are additional sites available at Wingray Campground. Feel free to call them. The campsites I reserved are all next to one another and are $25 a night. We pay when we leave Saturday morning at the office. Cash or Credit/Debit Card are types of payment accepted. If you do not plan to camp both Friday and Saturday night please send me a text and let me know. Dogs are allowed but on leash only. Fires are also allowed. Make sure you provide your own firewood, obviously.

As for comms for our trip if you have a GMRS radio license that is great. I have 2 handheld Baoefeng GMRS radios in the truck for the time being till my in-vehicle 50w unit arrives.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Now that the campsites are reserved, its a rain or shine trip.

As for departure Friday morning, as long as everyone can make it, I have made plans to change the convoy meetup location to Boojum Brewing Company and Taproom in Waynesville NC. The plan is to stop and meetup at 1400 Friday afternoon, get some food and beers and head down to camp late afternoon around 1600. The office at the campground closes at 1630, however we can roll in whenever. If anyone has a trail or place they would like to explore or checkout prior to our convoy meetup, speak up and let me know so we can fit it into our schedule! I have no issues being flexible.

SATURDAY:
We will depart the campground as a convoy, pay, and head north towards the road that is orange on the picture listed above, all the way to I-40. Head back south and swing around to start Hurricane Creek. There are several large camp areas after the entrance to the trail head.

I'm still working logistics to plan the rest of the route out for how many rigs we have. Will more than likely just get it together and explain it when we meetup at Boojum.

We currently have 9 RIGS that are for sure coming, I would love to make 10.

IF you have any questions or concerns, please shoot me a text. My number is listed on the Rally Point itself.

Thanks for putting this all together! I've done enough event planning for things like this to know it gets a bit stressful. Don't hesitate to let us know if we can help in any way. Never heard of Boojum brewrery, but i'm sure it will be awesome. Looks like its on a main drag so parking might be a pain if we get all 10 to show up there. But it looks like there is a wine and package good shop around the corner if we need more spots.

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Thanks for putting this all together! I've done enough event planning for things like this to know it gets a bit stressful. Don't hesitate to let us know if we can help in any way. Never heard of Boojum brewrery, but i'm sure it will be awesome. Looks like its on a main drag so parking might be a pain if we get all 10 to show up there. But it looks like there is a wine and package good shop around the corner if we need more spots.
I'm currently trying to figure out ours comms scenario. I have 2 GMRS handhelds and I know @Primeauxrover has several. Just trying to make sure we have all bases covered

Primeauxrover

Rank III

Member III

Johnson County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Bowling
Member #

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

My Tacoma is down permanently for god knows how long. Due to a Brake Override Malfunction. Have an appointment at the dealer on Monday to get it assessed. They said it could be up to 4 weeks until they get to it. This trip may have to be postponed. But I will keep everyone updated

• Sad
Reactions: Primeauxrover

Primeauxrover

Rank III

Member III

Johnson County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Bowling
Member #

My Tacoma is down permanently for god knows how long. Due to a Brake Override Malfunction. Have an appointment at the dealer on Monday to get it assessed. They said it could be up to 4 weeks until they get to it. This trip may have to be postponed. But I will keep everyone updated
Dang man sorry to hear that. If you need anything let me know....I live in the Bullcity as well.

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the overland group. I live near the Sarasota/Tampa Fl area. Seems not much happens in florida, so travel I will. lol

I'll be heading up thur night/friday morning. think its about a 9-10hr drive.

JD
Please make sure to reference the post above advising the UPDATE And make sure you RSVP on the Rally Point page. Cap is at 12 rigs I believe. But look forward to meeting and overlanding with you!

AlphaJD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Duggan
Member #

UPDATE TO ALL:

I have reserved 5 campsites at Wingray Campground in Waynesville for Friday evening. I am going to cap the trip at 12 rigs due to space constraints on the trail and campsites for Saturday evening. If you need more space, there are additional sites available at Wingray Campground. Feel free to call them. The campsites I reserved are all next to one another and are $25 a night. We pay when we leave Saturday morning at the office. Cash or Credit/Debit Card are types of payment accepted. If you do not plan to camp both Friday and Saturday night please send me a text and let me know. Dogs are allowed but on leash only. Fires are also allowed. Make sure you provide your own firewood, obviously.

As for comms for our trip if you have a GMRS radio license that is great. I have 2 handheld Baoefeng GMRS radios in the truck for the time being till my in-vehicle 50w unit arrives.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Now that the campsites are reserved, its a rain or shine trip.

As for departure Friday morning, as long as everyone can make it, I have made plans to change the convoy meetup location to Boojum Brewing Company and Taproom in Waynesville NC. The plan is to stop and meetup at 1400 Friday afternoon, get some food and beers and head down to camp late afternoon around 1600. The office at the campground closes at 1630, however we can roll in whenever. If anyone has a trail or place they would like to explore or checkout prior to our convoy meetup, speak up and let me know so we can fit it into our schedule! I have no issues being flexible.

SATURDAY:
We will depart the campground as a convoy, pay, and head north towards the road that is orange on the picture listed above, all the way to I-40. Head back south and swing around to start Hurricane Creek. There are several large camp areas after the entrance to the trail head.

I\'m still working logistics to plan the rest of the route out for how many rigs we have. Will more than likely just get it together and explain it when we meetup at Boojum.

IF you have any questions or concerns, please shoot me a text. My number is listed on the Rally Point itself.
Hi, I have 4 baofengs. (2) UV-5XP's (not sure if I need a license for those two) and (2) UV-82L's. I know I need one for the last two. I don't have a license however, but I'll have these w/ me and anyone who does can use them if needed.

I think the top of the event page here shows the start point at Wicked Weed Brewing Pub. But anyplace you pick is fine with me. :)

Reactions: Primeauxrover

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

UPDATE TO ALL:

SATURDAY:

I\'m still working logistics to plan the rest of the route out for how many rigs we have. Will more than likely just get it together and explain it when we meetup at Boojum.

Hi, I have 4 baofengs. (2) UV-5XP's (not sure if I need a license for those two) and (2) UV-82L's. I know I need one for the last two. I don't have a license however, but I'll have these w/ me and anyone who does can use them if needed.

I think the top of the event page here shows the start point at Wicked Weed Brewing Pub. But anyplace you pick is fine with me. :)
There is an update post just above your post about where we will be meeting prior to to rolling into camp.

Reactions: AlphaJD

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

I committed to go...Not sure if running in my 4runner or my buddies 100 series landcruiser but want a spot if avail