Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
I love your build. How wide is your sleeper floor?
I can answer approximately until Dana gets back on here. Between the walls is 58". Due to the screen doors, the doors encroach about 1". This is the number I'm not sure about, but is close. So 56ish" between the screen doors.
Sorry for the delay. I just got back from 2 weeks in Moab. The weather down there is awesome right now!

Steve's answer sounds about right. 60" wide box minus 2" on the interior for the walls. If you get the screen doors they do protrude into the cabin at least an inch per door. I just had to trim our mattress a little more to accommodate.

mattd

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Finally have all the money to make a build work we are going with the mid range I cant get the wife to move on it. We will save a few bucks going to a mid range but talked her into the Darche 270 awning.

I have a few questions do you have any night pics of those side lights? They use your pics of the exterior lights for there website which i find funny. Its 50 for standard light and 85 for the style you have. I wonder what brand and do they come in Amber for bugs? Do you have issues with bugs ? I also like the location above the window. I rented a tear and the exterior lights where right above the doors. You would open the door and all the bugs around the light would fly in.

2nd question is are you going 12vprep and a electrical package. They have 4 packages now and its a bit confusing. I have tried two days in a row to talk to Wes and they are so busy in indy I haven't gotten a call back yet. My wife wants a 120volt plug in the front of the interior for a possible future TV, some USB for charging phones and a Ipad . So right now we have on the build package 2 and 12 prep but not sure it covers what we want. I like the plugs on the interior above your heads did you special order that ?

I ordered the flexible solar panel and wonder if most people find that enough for topping off the battery off grid of should i buy another one from them or shop around? I don't know there mark up.

mattd

Rank II

Enthusiast III

propane mount has a hose on it. Do you cook on that side and have a really long hose or use the propane just for water? We would like the table option on the left side and was thinking to mount the propane below it and set the grill and stove on that table. I was told the mounts are fixed and you have to use them on the trailer really no way to quickly move them around at camp unless you take off the band. Thoughts?

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Finally have all the money to make a build work we are going with the mid range I cant get the wife to move on it. We will save a few bucks going to a mid range but talked her into the Darche 270 awning.

I have a few questions do you have any night pics of those side lights? They use your pics of the exterior lights for there website which i find funny. Its 50 for standard light and 85 for the style you have. I wonder what brand and do they come in Amber for bugs? Do you have issues with bugs ? I also like the location above the window. I rented a tear and the exterior lights where right above the doors. You would open the door and all the bugs around the light would fly in.

2nd question is are you going 12vprep and a electrical package. They have 4 packages now and its a bit confusing. I have tried two days in a row to talk to Wes and they are so busy in indy I haven't gotten a call back yet. My wife wants a 120volt plug in the front of the interior for a possible future TV, some USB for charging phones and a Ipad . So right now we have on the build package 2 and 12 prep but not sure it covers what we want. I like the plugs on the interior above your heads did you special order that ?

I ordered the flexible solar panel and wonder if most people find that enough for topping off the battery off grid of should i buy another one from them or shop around? I don't know there mark up.
Right on, those Darche awnings do look pretty nice from what I've seen.

To answer your questions, I doubt Hiker is using the same brand of lights I have mounted on the side. The model is the SI7 and they're made by a company called Labcraft out of the UK: http://www.labcraft.co.uk/product/scenelite-si7/. I've only ever seen them for sale on the web from UK sites even and they generally go for what would be more than $100 US. I found them through a private sale on another forum from a guy who had a case imported. I don't have any pictures of them lit up on the trailer but they are bright AF. Theyre actually sold for use on firetrucks and ambulances. O wait I have a pic from their site I'll attach. You probably wouldn't want to use them in a campground setting as your neighbors would hate you. But, they're perfect for when you're out in the middle of nowhere and it's really dark. I think they're perfect above the windows and center of the trailer. That was a special request on my part too.

Their electrical packages are very confusing. TBH I'm not sure which ones we ended up with but we have a couple at least. That got us all of our electrical system in the tongue box except for the fuse block which is located in the galley. There's DC and AC outlets in the front interior cabinet and the galley. Plus we got the battery, charge controller, inverter, solar panel, etc through them. I'm not sure which interior plugs your talking about though. We always slept with our heads towards the rear of the trailer as that gives you the most room to sit up. In the front cabinet there are USB ports and a cig lighter port that run off of DC and came with one of the packages we got. We also added an AC surge protector with USB ports just below that cabinet that I found on Amazon. I think the company was called Trond.

We ordered the solar panel and inverter through them because I couldn't find any deals on the Zamp products and wanted them in particular because they are good quality. TBH their markup on store bought products seems to be in line with what you could find them for yourself so it was just easier to wrap those purchases up in the loan. A lot of people are running one or even two 100w panels but we have a smaller 80w that folds up and is portable so it can be moved towards the sun. We never used that much electricity and can usually get by without charging the battery for a night or two running the fan, lights, and charging a few devices. That 80w panel has kept up with our needs well enough though.

labcraft_si7.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
propane mount has a hose on it. Do you cook on that side and have a really long hose or use the propane just for water? We would like the table option on the left side and was thinking to mount the propane below it and set the grill and stove on that table. I was told the mounts are fixed and you have to use them on the trailer really no way to quickly move them around at camp unless you take off the band. Thoughts?
We usually cook on a portable table setup behind the trailer. I have an extra long hose for the stove and a shorter one for the water heater which is also mounted on that side. We also have a table that folds up to fit in the in floor storage. It clamps onto either fender so we can move it to whichever side we want. I'll attach a pic of that. Their clip on table looked a little bulky for storage and can only go where the mount is installed. IMG_20180107_170128.jpeg

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
The lights on the inside has two small leds are those the standard lights hiker puts described in the packages?
The flush mount readung lights in the ceiling were purchased through them. I found pics of them installed on one of their early builds. I don't think they like to install them and so probably don't really offer them. Rob tried to talk talk me out of them even but I had to have and think they work great.

mattd

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Right on, those Darche awnings do look pretty nice from what I've seen.

To answer your questions, I doubt Hiker is using the same brand of lights I have mounted on the side. The model is the SI7 and they're made by a company called Labcraft out of the UK: http://www.labcraft.co.uk/product/scenelite-si7/. I've only ever seen them for sale on the web from UK sites even and they generally go for what would be more than $100 US. I found them through a private sale on another forum from a guy who had a case imported. I don't have any pictures of them lit up on the trailer but they are bright AF. Theyre actually sold for use on firetrucks and ambulances. O wait I have a pic from their site I'll attach. You probably wouldn't want to use them in a campground setting as your neighbors would hate you. But, they're perfect for when you're out in the middle of nowhere and it's really dark. I think they're perfect above the windows and center of the trailer. That was a special request on my part too.

Their electrical packages are very confusing. TBH I'm not sure which ones we ended up with but we have a couple at least. That got us all of our electrical system in the tongue box except for the fuse block which is located in the galley. There's DC and AC outlets in the front interior cabinet and the galley. Plus we got the battery, charge controller, inverter, solar panel, etc through them. I'm not sure which interior plugs your talking about though. We always slept with our heads towards the rear of the trailer as that gives you the most room to sit up. In the front cabinet there are USB ports and a cig lighter port that run off of DC and came with one of the packages we got. We also added an AC surge protector with USB ports just below that cabinet that I found on Amazon. I think the company was called Trond.

We ordered the solar panel and inverter through them because I couldn't find any deals on the Zamp products and wanted them in particular because they are good quality. TBH their markup on store bought products seems to be in line with what you could find them for yourself so it was just easier to wrap those purchases up in the loan. A lot of people are running one or even two 100w panels but we have a smaller 80w that folds up and is portable so it can be moved towards the sun. We never used that much electricity and can usually get by without charging the battery for a night or two running the fan, lights, and charging a few devices. That 80w panel has kept up with our needs well enough though. View attachment 63515

These seem pretty close to what you had. Here are picks from hiker site they sent me . 50 or 85 dollar options.

https://www.hikertrailers.com/heatair/7u6op0tboczoeh2oa4j43a2sunx3f5

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/597f7df51e5b6c9d4b8d597a/5a24c01771c10b3508eed066/5a3940d053450acbbccbbde4/1513701700845/P3284378.jpg?format=2500w

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/597f7df51e5b6c9d4b8d597a/5a24c01771c10b3508eed066/5a393e4624a6945d30e66ac4/1513701159776/20171205_131556.jpg?format=2500w

mattd

Rank II

Enthusiast III

One more thing. This trailer is currently listed for sale in the classified section on this forum. You could have it with all of the custom add-ons and none of the wait!

I happend to see that right after you posted it. I have a budget and it doesn't go that high I don't think you want a low ball offer but the trailer is exactly what I am looking for. you want to chat more on the trailer email me. mattdewitt@gmail.com .

Reactions: Dana Ramos

mattd

Rank II

Enthusiast III

kmacgoo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Boise
I have been lurking in the forums here for awhile and admired your trailer. Seems you put a lot of thought and care into its build. I am curious what is the over height at tallest point... will it fit though standard garage door? Why are you selling after such a short period?

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
I have been lurking in the forums here for awhile and admired your trailer. Seems you put a lot of thought and care into its build. I am curious what is the over height at tallest point... will it fit though standard garage door? Why are you selling after such a short period?
I'd have to measure to find out exact. But, to fit it in the garage (7' door) we have take the basket off. I remounted the awnings this spring and they can stay attached but the basket sits a couple inches too high. I had thought about replacing that with a Pioneer rack too which would totally clear.

kmacgoo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Boise
Yes, I think Pioneer Rack or alike would make sense. It would have to fit in to garage as only option for storage. The budget is the issue but I am looking into some options that could make it work. I am shock your selling, understand if personal but curious as to why?

Reactions: mattd

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Yes, I think Pioneer Rack or alike would make sense. It would have to fit in to garage as only option for storage. The budget is the issue but I am looking into some options that could make it work. I am shock your selling, understand if personal but curious as to why?
Yeah, those racks are on the spendy side but super nice. I have one on the Jeep now. Like I said, I've thought about putting another on the trailer but don't think it would get used that often. As is, I hardly ever use the basket that's on there. I also have a carport on one side of the garage to park the trailer under for the summer.

Yeah, I'm kind of shocked to be selling it too. It's really a great trailer and has been pretty much perfect for weekends and multiple two weeks trips. It goes anywhere I can take the Jeep. It's always packed and ready to go, which made being able to head out after work or go somewhere last minute, super easy. So yeah, definitely not selling it because of any shortcomings it has. My life just got turned upside down and I'm realizing I don't need all that much room or stuff really. I'm currently looking for a truck with a shell that I can put a RTT on. At this point, I'm just looking to simplify.

Last edited: