Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

Did anyone really think prices would stay that low forever?
Plan your trips accordingly until the next swing.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

JimBill said:
Change of administration and policy took us from energy independence to once again buying from the middle east. That is simply the cause of the higher fuel prices.
State by state differences is due to state and local taxes, state specific blends, and distance from the refinery supply.

Oh yeah abandoning the Keystone pipeline didn't help either.

LOL, we're importing Russian oil.

Russian
Russian

Russian oil

We are.

We went from energy independence and net exporter to importing Russian oil in 7 months.
Not a huge issue, you can always resume extracting if need it, nobody can steal your oil from under you and the tech is well known... This is what is insuring you energy independence, not the fact that due to some price fluctuations and some particular conditions you imported some oil from some other place, and some months ago you did not.
The no1 reason the US production did not raise is because your local producers enjoy the higher prices as well, after a long period of painful low prices and the investors are finally able to see some profits..
Biden administration might make a lot of noises but is had little effect on already developed OIL extraction fields,

Reactions: Fabricwelder

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Not a huge issue, you can always resume extracting if need it, nobody can steal your oil from under you and the tech is well known... This is what is insuring you energy independence, not the fact that due to some price fluctuations and some particular conditions you imported some oil from some other place, and some months ago you did not.
The no1 reason the US production did not raise is because your local producers enjoy the higher prices as well, after a long period of painful low prices and the investors are finally able to see some profits..
Biden administration might make a lot of noises but is had little effect on already developed OIL extraction fields,
You quite literally have no idea what you are talking about.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
if everyone would just put their time and money into supporting the government instead of worrying about having fun and doing what they want to do, things would be PERFECT. a great man once said: "Its not what your government can do for you, but what can YOU do for your government!"

wow...not sure if that was me or the vaccine talking...:grinning:

Last edited:

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

if everyone would just put their time and money into supporting the government instead of worrying about having fun and doing what they want to do, things would be PERFECT. a great man once said: "Its not what your government can do for you, but what can YOU do for your government!"

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force

My good sir.. the quote is actually "ask not what you country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

Although the government "runs" the country they are NOT the country. I will do things and help my fellow countrymen far before I bend over backwards for our government.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

he seems to know more about it than you ever will.
and he is pretty much spot on.
and forget about your keystone pipeline, 95% of the crude flowing thru it would have come from Canada anyways, to be refined and sold offshore mostly.
energy independence? ya right, the US has a little over 2% of the worlds oil reserves
get used to paying what the world does, you use the most by far
I don't think you have a clue and you definitely don't seem to understand why the US pays less.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

I don't think you have a clue and you definitely don't seem to understand why the US pays less.
really?
then why don't you "enlighten" us
ps, skip all your "conspiracy" bullshit too please...
There is no conspiracy. Price of crude is set on the world market. Local price you pay at the pump is global price + refinery + local taxes. The difference between local prices ( by local I mean at local at global level, between countries ) is mostly owed to the local taxes. Some countries have a low tax, like US, some high, like in most Europe, some even subsidized like Venezuela during Hugo Chávez. How the price is set at the global level ? Well there things are more complicated, maybe unfair ( you have a cartel, OPEC + , etc.. etc.. ) but whatever that price is, everybody pays the same with very few exceptions...

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

There is no conspiracy. Price of crude is set on the world market. Local price you pay at the pump is global price + refinery + local taxes. The difference between local prices ( by local I mean at local at global level, between countries ) is mostly owed to the local taxes. Some countries have a low tax, like US, some high, like in most Europe, some even subsidized like Venezuela during Hugo Chávez. How the price is set at the global level ? Well there things are more complicated, maybe unfair ( you have a cartel, OPEC + , etc.. etc.. ) but whatever that price is, everybody pays the same with very few exceptions...
You don't seem to understand the cost of multi-tiered government regulation as a function of extraction cost, probably due to the fact you have been subjected to it for so long that economic Stockholm Syndrome has set in.

You also don't seem to understand the very most basic principles of supply and demand.

Yes, the USA is importing oil from what can at the minimum be described as adversarial foreign governments (the Russian government owns and directs the oil industry) entirely due to the policies and regulation imposed on the free market by an administration that in 7 months has done absolutely nothing that is good for America. Nothing.

We as a nation just spent 4 years and more than 30 million dollars on a politically motivated witch hunt attempting to prosecute a duly elected President for "Russian collusion" (that despite the best efforts of the most nefarious group of turds to ever soil the face of the planet, came up empty handed) only to have the very same group of turds now happily doing business with the same Russians directing massive amounts of money and global influence directly to them , including removing sanctions against the Nordstream pipeline that will further increase Russias stranglehold on the European energy market.

Reactions: Neuvik

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Wow, you got the chip?

You'll need MANY updates...
the nanobots are doing fine and are fairly inactive when im away from 5G...the only effect after the second jab was a magnetic injection site, vomiting, ringing in the ears, ED, and the overwhelming desire to sell everything i have and give the money to the government for gender studies. weird...BUT at least i don't have to wear a mask now (unless i'm in public!) :grinning:

gas might be high, but i saw a bottle of Smart Water in the store for $2 for 33oz. that's roughly $8 per gallon for water...until they start marketing Smart Gas, we should be OK

1629987044800.png

Last edited:

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

the nanobots are doing fine and are fairly inactive when im away from 5G...the only effect after the second jab was a magnetic injection site, vomiting, ringing in the ears, ED, and the overwhelming desire to sell everything i have and give the money to the government for gender studies. weird...BUT at least i don't have to wear a mask now (unless i'm in public!) :grinning:

gas might be high, but i saw a bottle of Smart Water in the store for $2 for 33oz. that's roughly $8 per gallon for water...until they start marketing Smart Gas, we should be OK

View attachment 207990
LOL, a guy at work drinks that, every time I see him with it I say "ain't working".

I guess he got tired of it and asked "Why do you keep saying that?"

• Haha
Reactions: Shahn and grubworm
Status
Not open for further replies.