Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

lol, we are $1.59 .... per litre ..... thats $6.01 per USGAL..... and you guys really want the border open ?

EDIT, sorry, $6.01 CDN is $4.69 USD.....

Last edited:

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

lol, we are $1.59 .... per litre ..... thats $6.01 per USGAL..... and you guys really want the border open ?
No - I do not want the border open.

A Land Rover guy in the UK - Morriston area I think? - said he just paid £14.09 per litre for E5 Premium (I think the was the Premium designation he said). I'm trying to confirm I read it right.

• Wow
Reactions: Desert Runner
U

UgotWheelz

Southern California was just under a buck around 1999. I remember filling up in high school and getting change for a $10.
wow never been that low since 80's here! In fact somewhere around 97-02 (based on what car I was driving I think that was the years) there was a price hike and the news was saying gas was gonna go to $4 a gallon. So I went down to my shop grabbed a 50G drum that use to have ATF fluid in it put it in the truck and filled it with premium at the gas station on the corner by our shop. But the big increase never came we ended up selling the fuel to our repair customers.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
gas today here is 1.54 a liter. I am glad I sold my JKU when I did. Our patriot gets much better gas milage than the JK does. It gets us everywhere we want to go, just a little slower off road. But more comfortable on road. I am looking at getting a new Prius or something along those lines to scoot around for work. Save a bit more money then.

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
wow never been that low since 80's here! In fact somewhere around 97-02 (based on what car I was driving I think that was the years) there was a price hike and the news was saying gas was gonna go to $4 a gallon. So I went down to my shop grabbed a 50G drum that use to have ATF fluid in it put it in the truck and filled it with premium at the gas station on the corner by our shop. But the big increase never came we ended up selling the fuel to our repair customers.
I guess the west coast voters chose higher energy costs in order to ensure lower property taxes, income taxes, housing costs, and a lower cost of living overall. Makes sense, I guess.

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
I thought in CA everything was more expensive!
Some places on the East Coast have crazy taxes, whereas on the West Coast we have somewhat less taxes, but cost of living is every bit as high. I forget which state on E coast, but there's one with a "property tax" and that's not your home, that's literally anything you own. Yup, a Dewalt drill in your garage is "property"!!
Also, pretty common for some East Coast places to not even allow a homeowner to repair/modify their own home unless they are licensed for each scope of work they attempt. Oh, and the annual vehicle inspections....... So, I can see where E Coast guys think they have it bad.

But, here in WA, we just had a new "anti-racist" "tax" applied to us, but it wasn't a "tax", it was a law against using credit score to set insurance rates. That cost us $730 more this year for our cars and property, our insurance company even sent us a letter showing how it affected us.

So, I still think the West coast can give the East coast a run for it's money!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
That's what I am saying gas hasn't been below $3.50 here in decades where did he find gas a $1.15??? I went out to deliver food last night and all the regular stations in my area were well over $4.10 a gallon I say as high as $5.20. The OP said $1.15 I haven't seen it anywhere near that since highschool in the 80's. I want to move where he found it gas at such a low rate.
Opposite side of the state here TJ, gas is currently at $4.00 but normally it’s been $2.85 for the past 7 or 8 years.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I took this picture Nov. 8th, 2020 because I had a feeling we may never see this again.

View attachment 187430

As pipelines close and more restrictions increase the price of fuel, this will surely have an effect on the ability for some of us to travel. My Hemi actually gets pretty good mileage with the 8 speed.

If gas gets up to near $4.00 a gallon, or perhaps even MORE, will you be looking at a different rig, travel less, or are you a Rockefeller ?

:grinning:
Here in the Vegas area, fuel prices at a few national brand fuel stations, have 'nudged' over the $4.00 level (unleaded). The low end generic stations (independents) are about $3.87 (Maverick) for diesel. One surprising thing in the Covid 19 era past, is that diesel was always about 10 cents a gallon more expensive than unleaded. Now it is the opposite by about 7 cents to 9 cents a gallon.

As commented above, I also suspected fuel prices were going to go up under a new incoming administration. Was not happy that my suspicion was manifested as a reality. Now with inflation spiking upward, fuel costs are going to keep going up, separate from supply and demand.

My 2003 Duramax is averaging 15.3 city (uncorrected, actual=17.2 approx corrected. That is 245x75x16 OEM, to 285x75x16 (33") tires. For a full size HD, that is good enough to keep in the household stable.

PS:
My mileage so far has not changed, according to my dash. This is with changing from a AT (Toyo) to a true MT tire (see my instagram for the tread pattern (uni directional, not a directional tread pattern). This was unexpected news, and I have been pleasantly surprised so far. @Desertrunner_LV. This tire pattern lends itself to diagonal rotation, over just Front to Rear and Rear to Front, you have to do with a directional pattern.

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose
U

UgotWheelz

Here in the Vegas area, fuel prices at a few national brand fuel stations, have 'nudged' over the $4.00 level (unleaded). The low end generic stations (independents) are about $3.87 (Maverick) for diesel. One surprising thing in the Covid 19 era past, is that diesel was always about 10 cents a gallon more expensive than unleaded. Now it is the opposite by about 7 cents to 9 cents a gallon.

As commented above, I also suspected fuel prices were going to go up under a new incoming administration. Was not happy that my suspicion was manifested as a reality. Now with inflation spiking upward, fuel costs are going to keep going up, separate from supply and demand.

My 2003 Duramax is averaging 15.3 city (uncorreced, actual=17.2 approx corrected. That is 245x75x16 OEM, to 285x75x16 (33") tires. For a full size HD, that is good enough to keep in the household stable.
I worry about gas prices increasing the BroncoSport gets pretty decent mileage somewhere between 26-30mpg pretty much all the time according to the computer anyway. If I downsize to a hot hatch that MPG's will go up even my old 2017 Focus RS with 500HP got 26mpg without even trying to drive for fuel economy. I owned a private transport business from 1985-2017 and I know how much fuel we used I still have the fuel spread sheets on my computer showing mpg, fuel costs, and hours in service for all 5 vehicles. I know full timing I will be doing more miles and in peak traffic hours than I do now or even when I did transport services so I could see my fuel costs easily doubling per month at the current rate of avrg $240.00 a month fuel costs might be my biggest expense.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

$4.60 where I live. Normally it's around $4 per gallon.
Gas prices has motivated me to getting higher paying jobs, at least there's that.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

got a small hybrid for the commute. I do like 4l/100km ( 68 mpg US ) and 6l /100 km ( 40 mpg |US ) . they are great for this kind of work, you don't need 300 HP when you are crawling around at 20 km/h in the city. .. :) . 4 years now, I did not even have to change the brake pads. Very cheap to maintain . Low taxes, low insurance. I will probably keep it until the wheels fall off. The overland vehicle is just for that, long drives or holidays.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Change of administration and policy took us from energy independence to once again buying from the middle east. That is simply the cause of the higher fuel prices.
State by state differences is due to state and local taxes, state specific blends, and distance from the refinery supply.

Oh yeah abandoning the Keystone pipeline didn't help either.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Change of administration and policy took us from energy independence to once again buying from the middle east. That is simply the cause of the higher fuel prices.
State by state differences is due to state and local taxes, state specific blends, and distance from the refinery supply.

Oh yeah abandoning the Keystone pipeline didn't help either.
LOL, we're importing Russian oil.

Russian
Russian

Russian oil

We are.

We went from energy independence and net exporter to importing Russian oil in 7 months.

Attachments

Reactions: Neuvik and Arailt
Status
Not open for further replies.