• HTML tutorial
W

with_tyler

How is everyone connecting for the weekly net? The repeaters in my area for DMR aren’t open to add talk groups. I don’t have a nearby EchoLink repeater. I have the EchoLink APP but that kind of takes away the fun of the HAM license IMO.
When I do get on the net I use my SkyBridge. A PiSpot or OpenSpot would work as well. You would still need a DMR radio though.

By the way, I hear a new DMR repeater is going up on top of Mt Hood soon.
My local repeaters are mostly SARDMR. Limited talk groups. I just order the stuff the make my own hotspot.
@12poundtest can you confirm the DMR TG for me please? I have found a couple different TGs for the Net.

Bwana

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Riverbank, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Silveira
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SDB
Hello, thanks for hosting the NET. I'm new to Ham Radio and new to Overland Bound. Is there an agenda posted prior to the NET?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello, thanks for hosting the NET. I'm new to Ham Radio and new to Overland Bound. Is there an agenda posted prior to the NET?
It’s usually posted right here… the first Friday of each month is Novice Day… which means open topic for those new to either amateur radio, overlanding, or both to ask questions to the group. The rest of the time there will be an agenda posted in this thread.

Sorry guys that I haven’t been able to make the nets. I started working swing shifts… so net is at the beginning of my work day.

Reactions: DaleRF

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Dollar Short - Day Behind !!

Thanks

Brian
N7BMH
OS 25613
I haven’t searched your call sign, but are you a general class license holder? If so so do you have 80m capabilities? We have an ARES Net on Sunday’s that we would love to have you jump in on. It’s 5:45 pm to 6:15pm pacific time every Sunday on 3.9550

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
Just jumping in to the conversation. I am a general class ham operator and just got my HF radio. I would like to see anOverland Bound HF net. Although I have the equipment and have participated in a few nets I am not qualified to operate a net. I would be glad to help if I could.