Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
That is part of the reason i upgraded is to run a little HF both from home and on the road.
Yea me too. If you want to test out anything and see how propagation between us is, let me know. I have a home shack set up and working on mobile for my Earthcruiser this summer. I can get Arizona, Colorado, Utah pretty easy on worst days.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

KI5FBR here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I’m running a Icom 4100 in my Tacoma. It’s been a great rig.
Welcome to the hobby.....if you choose to go that route.
The Tulsa Amateur Radio club has a pretty nice linked repeater system, probably the only reason I went with a dual band mobile.

Trigger

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma
Welcome to the hobby.....if you choose to go that route.
The Tulsa Amateur Radio club has a pretty nice linked repeater system, probably the only reason I went with a dual band mobile.
Thanks for the welcome. I haven’t joined a club yet but I’ve been looking. I have a lot to learn and that be a good place to start. Interesting you said “if you choose to go that route”. I originally wanted a ham for remote communication but I’m quickly learning there is so much more to it. I heard a conversation the other day on the DStar repeater between a guy in the U.K., a guy in Ohio, and a guy in Budapest, Hungary. It was pretty cool and interested me greatly.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Thanks for the welcome. I haven’t joined a club yet but I’ve been looking. I have a lot to learn and that be a good place to start. Interesting you said “if you choose to go that route”. I originally wanted a ham for remote communication but I’m quickly learning there is so much more to it. I heard a conversation the other day on the DStar repeater between a guy in the U.K., a guy in Ohio, and a guy in Budapest, Hungary. It was pretty cool and interested me greatly.
There are a few of us here that are ham hobbyist but there are many (most) that just look at ham for trail comms so I have to remind myself that most of the conversation here is primarily geared towards that and few have any interest in going further.
If you are on Facebook, feel free to clink the link below in my signature and join the group. Also, if you have any questions I would be happy to help answer them.