Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

But I have a feeling I'm going to be compelled to go deeper down the rabbit hole after checking out ARRL Field Day for the first time in June. :smile: Contesting seems like it'd be really fun.
Go ahead and start studying... :smirk:
I enjoy contests and DX because the exchange is short, I am not a "rag chew" type. I don't care how your last doc appointment went, that you have to go to the store today, that Bob down the road put up a new antenna, that you just took your dog outside for his daily BM and it's sunny and 75 in CA..... :unamused:

I will exchange pleasantries with a DX station and thank them for answering me but there are typically other people waiting to make that contact so the QSOs are generally short.
Luckily ham radio offers a little something for everyone, even the gumpy old farts... no offense @old_man :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: old_man

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Go ahead and start studying... :smirk:
I enjoy contests and DX because the exchange is short, I am not a "rag chew" type. I don't care how your last doc appointment went, that you have to go to the store today, that Bob down the road put up a new antenna, that you just took your dog outside for his daily BM and it's sunny and 75 in CA..... :unamused:

I will exchange pleasantries with a DX station and thank them for answering me but there are typically other people waiting to make that contact so the QSOs are generally short.
Luckily ham radio offers a little something for everyone, even the gumpy old farts... no offense @old_man :tearsofjoy:
Grumpy old fart?... I resemble that remark. One of my mottos is that the definition of stress is the inability to choke the hell out of someone who desperately deserves it.

Reactions: 12poundtest

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Gladly! How does a newcomer get started with Echolink?
Hopefully this will help.

Most of us check in using the app on our phone (Android or IOS) or a computer.