Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Milton-Freewater, OR, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
Terry
Member #

updates: as best my research can find it does look like day 2 should be 100 kosher as grant county states it has opened camping entirely as of June 1. But take note! **QUINCY LAKES AREA DOES/MAY REQUIRE A DISCOVER PASS**. I know a lot of the wdfw managed lands are confusing about where exactly you do and don’t need one... it seems here you may. Be advised.

day 1... still gathering info about the grouse mountain campground specifically. Much info says the forest reopened as of June... but I can’t find that site specifically mentioned anywhere. We will have to just go look. There are alternative sites I see on the satellite along the roads...so I’m confident we can find somewhere no matter what. That’s adventure right?

open to anyone else’s intel or info! Getting excited!

Thank for the info, I assume the discovery pass is Washington state. Can it be purchased at the park?

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Thank for the info, I assume the discovery pass is Washington state. Can it be purchased at the park?
Not here. Too remote and it's not a staffed park or campground (like we like it!).

Have no fear. You can purchase a one day pass online here! You should only need it the Saturday night. Friday night is completely dispersed national forest land. You already own it!

Reactions: Geotaco

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Would like everyone's input on day 1 routing....

After Leavenworth it's 71 miles mostly highway out to the campground, hugging the Columbia River.

There's another route we could go on dirt cutting thru on NF7520 van Creek Rd then NF5800 Tillicum Creek road... To ardenvoir, then back on pavement and up.

Still 71 miles but would add probably an hour if we air down and up. Ranger stations report roads open and clear.

What's everyone's thoughts? Burn highway to get to day 1 camp asap so we make sure and get the spot? Or take the dirt path for the fun of it?

I could go either way, I just really would like to snag the Grouse Mountain campground all for us Friday night. Pic attached so you can have a look in Google/Gaia maps

Let me know your thoughts

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Looks like the WABDR group will be in the vicinity of the Grouse Mt campsite on Friday. We will be on GMRS channel 15 so keep your ears on!
@TheGreyhound - I'll send you my cell number in a private message.

Reactions: TheGreyhound

DIYTaco15

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Would like everyone's input on day 1 routing....

After Leavenworth it's 71 miles mostly highway out to the campground, hugging the Columbia River.

There's another route we could go on dirt cutting thru on NF7520 van Creek Rd then NF5800 Tillicum Creek road... To ardenvoir, then back on pavement and up.

Still 71 miles but would add probably an hour if we air down and up. Ranger stations report roads open and clear.

What's everyone's thoughts? Burn highway to get to day 1 camp asap so we make sure and get the spot? Or take the dirt path for the fun of it?

I could go either way, I just really would like to snag the Grouse Mountain campground all for us Friday night. Pic attached so you can have a look in Google/Gaia maps

Let me know your thoughts
Im down for what ever

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

CHECK IN!

Who is meeting up at Home Depot?

In the unlikely event that the Grouse Mountain site is full when we get there, I think 2nd choice is continue another 6 or 7 miles up the mountain to "Junior Point Campground".... And if THAT is full.... Back all the way down the mountain to "Snowberry Bowl Campground".... Or if we have everyone together by then we can discuss options....

So who's meeting at home Depot in the AM? STOKED! weather is great!

DIYTaco15

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

CHECK IN!

Who is meeting up at Home Depot?

In the unlikely event that the Grouse Mountain site is full when we get there, I think 2nd choice is continue another 6 or 7 miles up the mountain to "Junior Point Campground".... And if THAT is full.... Back all the way down the mountain to "Snowberry Bowl Campground".... Or if we have everyone together by then we can discuss options....

So who's meeting at home Depot in the AM? STOKED! weather is great!
We will meet you at the Home Depot. Coming up from Vancouver wa. We’re leaving our house at 5-530 am. Would you like me to pm you my cell number?

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

We will meet you at the Home Depot. Coming up from Vancouver wa. We’re leaving our house at 5-530 am. Would you like me to pm you my cell number?
Perfect. Pm incoming and also I'll have channel 15 up on gmrs. I just gotta run in and grab a few bundles of wood but the lady and dog will be outside. Tan Honda element will a rack and awning and such

Reactions: DIYTaco15