Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Very easy summer cruise and camp. This will be my first time trying to organize a run, so please bear with me!

Minimal off-road and super beginner friendly.
Vibe is family friendly PG13+.
Leash for dogs strictly, please.
Almost 500 miles round trip.
In light of current events, please, NO politics.

Grouse Mountain campsite is confirmed open and accessible by Chelan a Ranger Station by phone.

View Rally Point
Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Sounds awesome! We will be doing the WABDR run that week so won't be able to make your event. We will all be in kind of the same area at the same time; would be fun to meet up and camp out together!

Have a ton of fun and stay safe!

DIYTaco15

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

This sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to this. We will becoming up from Vancouver the morning 3 of us, Stock 15 Tacoma. IF 8 is the meet up time, what time do you think foot on the gas would be heading out? just asking, we would have to wake up our 4 yr old up at like 5am. looking forward to this

Reactions: Ubiety

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Sounds awesome! We will be doing the WABDR run that week so won't be able to make your event. We will all be in kind of the same area at the same time; would be fun to meet up and camp out together!

Have a ton of fun and stay safe!
I absolutely wanted to join the WABDR run but work that week didn't agree! Next time! When it gets closer lets coordinate comms maybe we can connect on the trail.

Reactions: Ubiety

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

This sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to this. We will becoming up from Vancouver the morning 3 of us, Stock 15 Tacoma. IF 8 is the meet up time, what time do you think foot on the gas would be heading out? just asking, we would have to wake up our 4 yr old up at like 5am. looking forward to this
So, knowing that timelines always drift late, I'd like to allocated 0800 to 0830 for rally up.... and then proceed thru the starbucks drive thru and be hammer down by 0900.

Sound reasonable? I'm open to ideas, just getting out on the road Friday to reach the destination camp at a good time is the goal. Saturday I'm not real concerned about because I expect there to be PLENTY of area at Quincy Lakes to plant however many rigs we need. Friday I want to be sure we can stake a claim up at Grouse Mountain so getting there is higher priority. Thoughts?

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Also totally welcome to just make your own way to the day 1 campsite then caravan on day 2. I personally hate waking up early too!

Reactions: DIYTaco15

DIYTaco15

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

I’m the morning person in my family. Lol. I think it will work, 8am, and lots of coffee for the wife. Will just load it all up the night before. Maybe my kid will sleep the way up

DIYTaco15

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Looking at the route on the last day when we head back home. we will most likely break off at Ellensburg and head south to hwy 84

Reactions: TheGreyhound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Do we want to have any share meals or potluck? Or just separate? Group camp fire?
Due to social distancing its recommend to cook all your own means. As for group campfire... we found circling the fire with camp chairs and one empty chair between households met the minimum 6’ standoff zone.

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

updates: as best my research can find it does look like day 2 should be 100 kosher as grant county states it has opened camping entirely as of June 1. But take note! **QUINCY LAKES AREA DOES/MAY REQUIRE A DISCOVER PASS**. I know a lot of the wdfw managed lands are confusing about where exactly you do and don’t need one... it seems here you may. Be advised.

day 1... still gathering info about the grouse mountain campground specifically. Much info says the forest reopened as of June... but I can’t find that site specifically mentioned anywhere. We will have to just go look. There are alternative sites I see on the satellite along the roads...so I’m confident we can find somewhere no matter what. That’s adventure right?

open to anyone else’s intel or info! Getting excited!