Greensboro NC
First Name
Sid
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
working on it
Are you guys using a foot print with the Gazelle tents?
I use the one that is velcro'd to the tent as well as a heavy mil tarp underneath to protect against puncture...

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Are you guys using a foot print with the Gazelle tents?
We have a T4Plus and a T4. With the T4Plus we use an OzTent footprint to provide puncture resistance and, because it isn't waterproof, it lets water drain through and away from the tent. The tent bottom is already waterproof. With the T4 we got the overland edition's footprint - this works quite well as a second waterproof layer, and makes it easier to pitch and strike the tent.

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Had an ant nightmare last trip out. Right before bedtime discovered darn near a whole nest had relocated to inside the tent bringing along their eggs. They came in thru a corner gap where the velcro is near impossible to get perfectly smooth. This removable floor continues to be my one issue from loving this tent. I wish they would make a model with a full sewn in floor. The tent is small enough to lift one side and shake any debris to the other side where it can be easily cleaned up. That removable floor just seems unnecessary. Probably my third time with insects getting in no matter how sealed up I try to make that velcro. And no, there isn’t any food or crumbs attracting them.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I’m hoping I can get my hands on a T4 before expo east in October, but according to Gazelle’s social media folks, they may not be back in stock by then. T4 plus looks to be back sometime in July, but mid to late October for T4.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I’m hoping I can get my hands on a T4 before expo east in October, but according to Gazelle’s social media folks, they may not be back in stock by then. T4 plus looks to be back sometime in July, but mid to late October for T4.
Have you checked the OB gear store ?

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Yeah, nobody seems to have the T4. Found a few scalping the T4 plus for ridiculous prices, but not a T4 to be found from what I can see.
Could you make do with a t3 ?
Truthfully, probably not (and it's out of stock too). I'm 6'7" and the wife is planning on using the kingdom cot from REI (which is sizeable). The t3 floor is like 76x82. I'd estimate 10-15 inches of floor space to move around, and with the corner doors, even worse. :)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Truthfully, probably not (and it's out of stock too). I'm 6'7" and the wife is planning on using the kingdom cot from REI (which is sizeable). The t3 floor is like 76x82. I'd estimate 10-15 inches of floor space to move around, and with the corner doors, even worse. :)
Okay, I was just wondering if a t3 would work for you. I have an unboxed new one (first generation model/green) that I no longer need due to my health issues. If anyone needs it I will sell it for what I paid two years ago.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Okay, I was just wondering if a t3 would work for you. I have an unboxed new one (first generation model/green) that I no longer need due to my health issues. If anyone needs it I will sell it for what I paid two years ago.
Yeah, when we first started looking at them, we measured out the floor space of the T3x, the T4, and T4 plus to see what configurations we could make work. First decision was that her old cot had to go (Field & Stream xl that's 40 plus inches wide). Even then, the T3 just didn't seem like we could make it work. Back in the glamping days, we had a Coleman 8 or 10 person tent, so she had her cot, I had a big sleeping pad, and still room for a couple small tables, gear, and room to move. So now we're trying to get much more compact and agile, but her back requiring a cot and me being part giant limits is a bit. :)

Sequoia04KY

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Danville, KY, USA
First Name
Kim
Last Name
Lawson
Member #

Here are a few pictures
This is the one I have. Its been through some pretty serious downpours without any issue. I pack a generator, guitar, amp
and camping gear. Trust Gazelle to keep my equipment in dry in the worst of conditions. Set up in 3 minutes. Pack up
a little longer.....but I must say the orange color reeks FUN! Let the party begin!

Reactions: 2Monks-MATACO

obchristo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Christo
Last Name
Kuzmich
I’ll never understand how companies allow this to happen.

You make money actually “shipping“ your products not not shipping your products.
Former Buyer for a specialty Outdoor Retailer here. This issue is not limited to Gazelle. Along with increased demand, Covid has caused the major tent factories to shut down during the period they were set to make tents. The North Face, Kelty, Sierra Designs, Mountain Hardware, Black Diamond, Marmot, Nemo, Mountainsmith, Eureka, etc are all having major stock issues. Go search around the web and see. Pretty much everything is out of stock.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Ditto. What is Poly Fill?
To me that’s what you call stuffing for furniture, blankets, jackets, etc…
That's exactly what is. Get it at the craft or fabric store or online. Just stuff a little in the spaces where the velcro doesn't come together perfectly.

Woodman60

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sacramento, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Woodling
Member #

I’m in a similar situation. The T4 will permit standing but need to be able to pack the tent on my TJ (swing out tire rack) or short bed Tacoma. The T3 just fits those requirements. Plus, the T3 has a lot more room than my Kamp-Rite tent cot!
I was in a similar situation so I now have one of each. T3 is smaller and lighter, but my cots don't fit. T4 when I want more space and want to sleep off the ground.

Reactions: Downs and Shamu