Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Put my T3 on a Wallyworld tarp/ground cloth and a piece of foam between the pivot point and top of the storage bag (mostly to pad/protect the tent and Jeep TJ - sits perfectly across on top of the rear wheel tubs - on rough trails).
Can you post of picture of this... sounds exactly like what I was thinking of doing.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

A piece of 5x5.75x1.75 foam. Not pictured is your standard, one each, Walmart heavy duty tarp/ground cloth (grey/silver top, brown bottom, w/reinforced corners).
A36FD215-1F52-48AC-AFB4-A71EAD9AADE0.jpeg4B976F75-74BD-44D9-8631-EB6C5EA1D92B.jpeg

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
A piece of 5x5.75x1.75 foam. Not pictured is your standard, one each, Walmart heavy duty tarp/ground cloth (grey/silver top, brown bottom, w/reinforced corners).
View attachment 122862View attachment 122863

This could have come in handy tonight as I walked the T4 through the house from the garage to the backyard for a backyard camp with my 3 year old. Hit the wall with the end and put a nice dent in the sheet rock. Whoops.

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

That's encouraging, we'll be in 70% humidity but not quite as cold. If I remember to, I'll post an update.
Had really nice weather, humidity wasn't quite as high and the rain held off until after we left. Don't have any more data on condensation in the cold as it only got down to the low-mid 50s.

Reactions: Shamu

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I've got the T4 +, Queen fits nicely in the back room.
I'm jealously waiting to buy one. Will pull the trigger soon. Need a rear bumper more right now
so will probably be 6-8 months down the road. For now I'll sleep in my rig.

NAApollo11

Rank 0

Traveler I

TN
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B.
I'm jealously waiting to buy one. Will pull the trigger soon. Need a rear bumper more right now
so will probably be 6-8 months down the road. For now I'll sleep in my rig.
They go on a flash sale often. I grabbed min for 33% off. This was a HUGE step up for me. Normally, I'm a hammock hiker. I'm just now getting into overlanding. I kind of went overboard on weight thinking a WJ was limitless compared to my back, lol. After blowing out a bump stop, I'm spread sheeting my setup for weight savings like I was hiking the AT. Seems weight is always a consideration...

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
They go on a flash sale often. I grabbed min for 33% off. This was a HUGE step up for me. Normally, I'm a hammock hiker. I'm just now getting into overlanding. I kind of went overboard on weight thinking a WJ was limitless compared to my back, lol. After blowing out a bump stop, I'm spread sheeting my setup for weight savings like I was hiking the AT. Seems weight is always a consideration...
Nice and inviting. :-)

Reactions: NAApollo11

Flying pig

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florence, OR, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
sprueill
Member #

They are on sale now. Go to their site and sign up

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
They have been priced at $279 for awhile now. They were over $300 several months back. OB store has had them @ $279 for the last year but I think you have to pay shipping where amazon it is free on prime.

Reactions: NAApollo11

NAApollo11

Rank 0

Traveler I

TN
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B.
They have been priced at $279 for awhile now. They were over $300 several months back. OB store has had them @ $279 for the last year but I think you have to pay shipping where amazon it is free on prime.
You got it right. Amazon charges tax though. So, it basically washes. I went with the *edit* Gazelle site because it came out $12 cheaper even with shipping. In hindsight, I should have just gone with Amazon. It would have arrived faster.

Last edited:

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

I purchased my T3 from the OB store a tad over a year ago. Smooth transaction and supports this site. I preferred the T4 but it would not fit inside my TJ. The T3 fits perfectly across the rear wheel wells and it’s an improvement over the cot tent in terms of comfort with the ability to sit/stand (not fully upright for 6’1”). I can bring my camp chair (Helinox Sunset) inside to sit and change clothes or read if raining.