Gazelle Tents

• HTML tutorial

91B/91S

The wife and I just bought a queen size air mattress for our T4. It fit with room to spare!
Do you have any pics with tent and mattress aired up? I currently use a 6-person tent with queen size mattress and like the room. Curious how much room is left over in the T4 with mattress aired up. Thanks

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
View attachment 108034

UPS just dropped off the Gazelle T4 tent that was the raffle prize we won at the Overland Bound Ozark Rally.

I can’t believe how easy it is to set up. Should be fun. It goes up faster than my ez-up camping cube.
Great prize, great tent !

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
I had a chance this Saturday to try out my new gazelle tent. One of the reasons I picked this tent over a roof top tent is: we always camp/overland with are dog, I don’t have to space nor do I want to leave a tent on my roof all the time, and overall cost.
My other tent is just a Coleman 6 person. But it was time to upgrade. Right off the bat, you can tell the materials are much better than my last tent. It honestly only took about 5 mins to set up and take down. Which is amazing when it used to take almost 30 mins to fit my last tent back into its bag. I was able to fit a queen size blowup mattress with room to spare. Its so tall that even a guy who is 6’2” can stand in it.

The only down side of the gazelle tent is how big the tent is in the the bag. My Tacoma only has a 5 foot bed and the tent is about 5 1/2 feet long in the packaging. So I had to lay the tent at an angle to be able to close my tail gate.

All in all I’m very happy with this tent. And can’t wait to use it again.
WHich one did you get, T4 or T3?

SandlapperOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
First Name
Jon
Last Name
T
Member #

Do you have any pics with tent and mattress aired up? I currently use a 6-person tent with queen size mattress and like the room. Curious how much room is left over in the T4 with mattress aired up. Thanks
If you need more room, Gazelle said the T4 Plus (2 room, 8 person tent) will be back in stock in August.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
View attachment 108034

UPS just dropped off the Gazelle T4 tent that was the raffle prize we won at the Overland Bound Ozark Rally.

I can’t believe how easy it is to set up. Should be fun. It goes up faster than my ez-up camping cube.
Dang after seeing the size of your T4 next the the Tacoma - there is no way that is going in a JK hardtop with the doors still attached. That is why I don't have an OZ tent either :(. I guess I could just strap it down to the roof.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Deciding on a tent is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I thought I wanted the gazelle T4 until I found another tent for almost half the price that sets up the same way, has straight walls and 84" height. Looks almost exactly like a gazelle except for the straight wall feature. It is called an Alps Mountaineer and comes in two sizes like the T3-T4 gazelle's. If anyone knows anything about the Alps brand I would appreciate hearing from you.
Lanllubber

Reactions: Graeman

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Dang after seeing the size of your T4 next the the Tacoma - there is no way that is going in a JK hardtop with the doors still attached. That is why I don't have an OZ tent either :(. I guess I could just strap it down to the roof.
Need is the mother of invention. Its not heavy so maybe u could tie it sideway across the font or rear bumper if you have the space.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Check out the Alps mountaineer camp 6 tent @ $190 . I think it folds into a package only 3' long. This is the direction I am considering.

Reactions: Graeman

josephburns35

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Burns
Member #

I have the T3 and pack it side to side ontop of my wheel wells on my 94yj

Love this tent so easy to set up

Reactions: Shamu and Graeman

SandlapperOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
First Name
Jon
Last Name
T
Member #

Watch the YouTube review of the ALPS Mountaineering Camp Creek 6 Person Tent.

To quote the content creator, “man that was a chore to put together with just one person...”.

And you have to deal with poles. Screw dealing with poles.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Watch the YouTube review of the ALPS Mountaineering Camp Creek 6 Person Tent.

To quote the content creator, “man that was a chore to put together with just one person...”.

And you have to deal with poles. Screw dealing with poles.
The video is not the tent I recommended. That one is junk.
Check out this tent @$199;

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

The only con I've experienced with the t4 is the size when collapsed for transport. Currently we are strapping the tent to the maxtrax and crossbars. It’s not ideal but it will work till we get a proper rack. The materials seem to be top quality. We fit 5 no problem and have enough room for our bags.
I paid $195 during a sale.

B394E884-4828-4E4E-BF3C-8DBE6ADEFEE0.jpeg

692583DE-A3EB-4F59-AF8E-AA1AA17940B1.jpeg

Last edited:

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

@Utilityman what speed and distance are you typically traveling with the T4 on top?
I typically set the cruise to the posted limit. On the hard road around here the speed limits are 50 to 75. As for distance I usually stick to weekend warrior stuff so distances are typically 100ish on hard road and 30-50 on the dirt. Honestly I dont even notice it up there. I was expecting MPG to take a hit but it didn't.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I typically set the cruise to the posted limit. On the hard road around here the speed limits are 50 to 75. As for distance I usually stick to weekend warrior stuff so distances are typically 100ish on hard road and 30-50 on the dirt. Honestly I dont even notice it up there. I was expecting MPG to take a hit but it didn't.
Probably increased your traction on the right side :grimacing: