Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
How do you like the layout of the hardshell? I'm looking into the Roam Rambler...
I like that I can keep pillows and a couple blankets up there. Even a change of clothes. The model I have has load bars on top so I can take my canoe or kayaks with me.
It's not as spacious as a soft flip open but I think their better looking and more aero dynamic.
I bought the electric version. It takes a minute or so to unlatch it then just plug in the 12v power and push a button. It raises up in less than a minute.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I like that I can keep pillows and a couple blankets up there. Even a change of clothes. The model I have has load bars on top so I can take my canoe or kayaks with me.
It's not as spacious as a soft flip open but I think their better looking and more aero dynamic.
I bought the electric version. It takes a minute or so to unlatch it then just plug in the 12v power and push a button. It raises up in less than a minute.
My main concern now with the hardshell is that I have the short bed 5' 9", and the roam hardsheel is 81 inches long...maybe i'm wrong but I assume thats an issue

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
My main concern now with the hardshell is that I have the short bed 5' 9", and the roam hardsheel is 81 inches long...maybe i'm wrong but I assume thats an issue
That is a valid concern. Especially if you want to keep the tent below the roof line.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

That is a valid concern. Especially if you want to keep the tent below the roof line.
I would definitely like to keep the height where it already is...which is about 2" below the cab height. Moving it closer to the cab, I'd expect i'd still have about 10" of overhang off the back over the tailgate

Wile_Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
da Gearhead
Member #

Great looking rig. I also have a '15 silverado 1500 crew cab. Just installed the Front Runner Bed Rack and have the smittybilt Overlander XL on top. What lift you running and what size tires? Glad to see a Chevy!
You have pics of the Front Runner Bed Rack and RTT on top?
I've been looking at racks and sorta of waffling between a rack and a DiamondBack HD cover.

Tim Roberts

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Just starting my rig build. She's a full size solid axle rig. Going to needs some tips and tricks for building the truck that I want. Who else out there
has full size
Just starting my rig build. She's a full size solid axle rig. Going to needs some tips and tricks for building the truck that I want. Who else out there has full size rigs?View attachment 68181 View attachment 68180 View attachment 68179
I like you Ram, have fun putting it together. Here’s my 2013 Silverado and maybe a couple of ideas for

Attachments

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

I've got a 2017 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 4x4. Just recently added the KB VooDoo Rack to the bed and put a Hi Vis Overland Crag2 on it. I have 275/70/18 BFGoodrich KO2's with a leveling kit. I just ordered and received my Decked system for the bed of the truck, so that will be installed this week sometime. View attachment 113965View attachment 113966View attachment 113968

I've got a 2017 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 4x4. Just recently added the KB VooDoo Rack to the bed and put a Hi Vis Overland Crag2 on it. I have 275/70/18 BFGoodrich KO2's with a leveling kit. I just ordered and received my Decked system for the bed of the truck, so that will be installed this week sometime. View attachment 113965View attachment 113966View attachment 113968

How are you liking the HI-ViS RTT? I am looking at them in depth. Meet them at expo east last weekend great group of guys.

Reactions: JButtress

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
I can't remember if I posted on this thread, but here are a couple of my latest. My truck sits on a Carli Pintop suspension which provides a 4.5" lift. I have 37' Nitto sitting on Method 701 which are the internal Beadlock wheels. So, for you folks with Full-size trucks, what type of racks are you using if placing a tent on top. I am hunting for a good rack to use in the bed and over the cab. This is my F250 2017...

Attachments

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

I can't remember if I posted on this thread, but here are a couple of my latest. My truck sits on a Carli Pintop suspension which provides a 4.5" lift. I have 37' Nitto sitting on Method 701 which are the internal Beadlock wheels. So, for you folks with Full-size trucks, what type of racks are you using if placing a tent on top. I am hunting for a good rack to use in the bed and over the cab. This is my F250 2017...
Nice chunk of change in that ride [emoji857] looks good.

Here is mine with the wheels finally
My power wagon build thread1571607506186.jpg

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

How are you liking the HI-ViS RTT? I am looking at them in depth. Meet them at expo east last weekend great group of guys.
I'm loving the Hi Vis so far. The guys are great, i like that I'm buying from a veteran. The tent quality is great, the price is great, its a win/win in my book. What size tent are you looking at?

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Ohhh I like the box, basket, and awning setup. Is that a Yakima box too? If so what size? I have the full Yakima Mega Load Warrior basket, which is taking a lot of real estate.

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

I'm loving the Hi Vis so far. The guys are great, i like that I'm buying from a veteran. The tent quality is great, the price is great, its a win/win in my book. What size tent are you looking at?
Probably the Craig 3 with annex. I like that it’s veteran owned also and has a cool logo. The guys at expo east were super chill.

Reactions: JButtress