Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
The 5 link Dodge front end can really take some abuse, and with sway bar disconnects gives amazing flex. Chrysler engineered some AMAZING suspensions in the 90s and early 2000s. Also looks like your rear end is sagging a bit, perfect excuse to do a shackle flip. That will net you a little bit of lift but more importantly better flex out of the rear springs.
Also the key to making a Chrysler auto live is two simple things, ONLY run Chrysler ATF (current stuff is ATF +4), and NEVER idle it in park for more than a few minutes. The clutch packs are not very tolerant to non synthetic oil, or running without the additive set that the Chrysler spec oil has. Also the oil passages in the Chrysler over drive autos are smaller than a Ford or GMs (one of the off roader/ towing tricks is to drill them out) so running the full synthetic oil is even more critical as it will flow through tight areas better. Finally Chrysler autos dont circulate fluid in Park. This means that oil just sits in the torque converter building heat. This means the fluid and transmission will warm up faster so cold performance is better, but if you idle too long you will burn the fluid. Follow those two rules and a Chrysler auto can live every bit as long as a Ford or GM. My 93 Dodge with a 48RH behind a Cummins with tuned pump and 75HP injectors lived for 230K miles, and thats with lots of towing. Even when I swapped the trans it was still working well, but I had to tow 16K lbs from Delaware to Idaho. I had the cash to swing a trans so I did for insurance.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

We throw the family of 5, 2 dogs, and all the gear in and go! I can fit a full size mattress in the back, and my wife and I wake up with great views!

I see that you are in FoCo, we hit up Vedauwoo and Deadman Road a lot this past summer, no issues with either!

I post a lot on IG: i_sleep_around

Dead man has alot to offer. Has a bunch of trails I take my 1500 with a three inch lift and 33 inch tires. Fun area. Vedauwoo is cool. Super easy to get into

Makes for alot of traffic but its easy to hid as well!

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

View attachment 68328 This is our first post and here is our 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Ecodiesel
Do you like the eco diesel? Are you running stock size tires? I looked at the eco before I bought my hemi and figured the hemi still would out preform the eco diesel. I suppose my 20 mpg is worse compared to it. Nice set up!

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Okay, here is my full size, overlanding rig. 99’ Dodge 2500 Cummings with 5speed manual. And my 1965’ 10 foot Alaskan Camper. I get 18 miles to gal. on trips, so works well to travel. Spoils you fast having a comfortable and safe place to sleep while outback! Benz.
DFFE4829-7B04-439A-9442-BE9FB94E4A06.jpeg 8922E3C1-A880-4CF1-9AC0-A5A9C78A94F3.jpeg