• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Samantha
Last Name
Hanson
Hello!

I’m looking for some insight on your favorite RTT. My husband and I have an iKamper and recently I’ve been wanting to get a RTT for my rig. I have a 2013 4Runner TE. I want to be able to go on my own and use my vehicle.

Any suggestions for an ultra lightweight RTT? I prefer the wedge style.

I like our iKamper, but I don’t think I need anything as fancy since I won’t be taking my truck as much.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Hello!

I’m looking for some insight on your favorite RTT. My husband and I have an iKamper and recently I’ve been wanting to get a RTT for my rig. I have a 2013 4Runner TE. I want to be able to go on my own and use my vehicle.

Any suggestions for an ultra lightweight RTT? I prefer the wedge style.

I like our iKamper, but I don’t think I need anything as fancy since I won’t be taking my truck as much.
I'm not sure if they still make it or not but the GFC (Go fast campers) superlight is around 80 lbs, wedge style, and has a low profile. Price was always reasonable too. If they don't make them still you can look for a used one but it's the lightest option you'll find.

ElDuderino

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Cleveland, OH, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Keserich
Inspired Overland has a couple of well priced wedge style tents. Standard is 76 pounds, XL is 86 pounds - they both have a tonneau style cover. They also recently released a hard shell carbon fiber RTT. It's 80 pounds. They are currently shipping out pre-orders for the carbon fiber from November. I think the next batch will be available around June or July?