Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Ok, I gotta ask.

I really think this is a super cool project, and certainly a one-off rig that is unique. However, if you ever have an issue with a tire, where are you going to get another MRAP wheel?
Why go with MRAP wheels? Other than the super cool factor, and loads of ground clearance.
My reason for the MRAP tires is that honestly anything smaller looks comical and they are very tough with a high weight rating. Also I have a spare MRAP wheel with adapter plate and beadlock, I just have not got around to mount a tire on it, been really busy with the front suspension. I will be working on a bumper mount for the spare that will swing out to allow access to the rear of the box but also allow me to hand winch down the spare.

Government surplus has plenty of these wheels for dirt cheap.
If/when I wear these tires out I think it maybe easier to just buy complete tire and wheel combos and swap on my adapter plates! LOL

Dodge Cummins

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arlington Texas
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Garland
My reason for the MRAP tires is that honestly anything smaller looks comical and they are very tough with a high weight rating. Also I have a spare MRAP wheel with adapter plate and beadlock, I just have not got around to mount a tire on it, been really busy with the front suspension. I will be working on a bumper mount for the spare that will swing out to allow access to the rear of the box but also allow me to hand winch down the spare.

If/when I wear these tires out I think it maybe easier to just buy complete tire and wheel combos and swap on my adapter plates! LOL
Where did you get the adapter? Im running 41.5" Rocklers on my cummins with lockers front and rear. Id like to start running MRAP wheels as I take it out to our ranch on a weekly basis and put it to heavy use.

Attachments

Reactions: PincheOso

Mattcrouch1502

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Crouch
Where did you get the adapter? Im running 41.5" Rocklers on my cummins with lockers front and rear. Id like to start running MRAP wheels as I take it out to our ranch on a weekly basis and put it to heavy use.
The adapters are made by West Canadian Rockwell. They are the pretty heavy and not the cheapest but I got super lucky and found a guy selling a complete set of 5 MRAP wheels with beadlocks, hardware and the adapters already installed. By the way, where in Texas are you location? I am north of Dallas in the Carrollton/Lewisville Area.

BritKLR

Rank 0

Traveler I

Wow, I really like that. Would love to see some interior pictures sometime.
Sorry for the delay.....jacked up my ankle and being a little baby about it and staying inside. Here’s the interior. I originally removed everything inside to the studs and reinsulated and rwith birch plywood and solids. Provan still sells all the parts for this model and I installed a new bathroom tub and sink. The sofa still pulls out to make a bed and there’s another bed above the cab. Full kitchen with cooktop, stove and ac/dc Norcold fridge. I’ve had a number of campers but, this one really works great for us.C648519D-BED0-46B5-B168-E422F47B39F8.jpeg67E26F75-326B-4112-9973-A5C6988C6B1B.jpeg84B5C972-CE37-4402-BF60-2067091B875A.jpegB184415C-5E93-4729-B633-B2099C6E5DCE.jpeg807B384E-32DA-4F70-BCA5-6426E5930468.jpeg854E4F5B-B8EA-4F08-97DF-411624549D53.jpeg0BFDE60C-76D8-4D28-A44E-122754C06ABB.jpegebuilt it

Last edited:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Sorry for the delay.....jacked up my ankle and being a little baby about it and staying inside. Here’s the interior. I originally removed everything inside to the studs and reinsulated and rwith birch plywood and solids. Provan still sells all the parts for this model and I installed a new bathroom tub and sink. The sofa still pulls out to make a bed and there’s another bed above the cab. Full kitchen with cooktop, stove and ac/dc Norcold fridge. I’ve had a number of campers but, this one really works great for us.View attachment 148857View attachment 148858View attachment 148860View attachment 148861View attachment 148862View attachment 148863View attachment 148864ebuilt it with birch plywood and solids. Provan still sells all the parts for this model and I installed a new bathroom tub and sink. The sofa still pulls out to make a bed and there’s another bed above the cab. Full kitchen with cooktop, stove and ac/dc Norcold fridge. I’ve had a number of campers but, this one really works great for us.
Oh man thanks for sending the pics. Sorry about your ankle, but hope its much better now. I'm impressed with the inside of this rig. You are definitely a craftsman and did a great job on the rebuild. The cabinets look great and having two sleeping areas is a bonus for sure. I like it a lot!

CURRIN1776

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portal, GA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Currin
Member #

Hello Everyone,
New Member trying to get this forum thing figured out and where to post certain stuff. Looking forward to learning and sharing. I'm in Southeast GA about an hour North of Savannah. Well versed in Survival, Prepping, Camping, etc. Lots of Offroad adventures growing up and time spent in the outdoors hunting, fishing, camping and practicing survival skills. Born and raised in a once-rural town in NC. Been in GA for about 3 years. Very Rural and I love it. Currently working on building out my 2011 F-150 FX4. Always has been a solid dependable truck and looking forward to setting it up to further my adventures and fun. Plans over the next few weeks is adding a Leitner Designs ACS Forger rack, RTT, Decked and accessories. Hopefully testing next month for my HAM license. (If the "Rona" going around doesn't cancel). My goal for my build is to have a well rounded set up for the adventure, bugging out and assistance with Natural Disaster relief (such as Hurricanes etc). I enjoy assisting my community in a time of need. Purchased membership earlier today, awaiting member #. Again looking forward to learning and sharing. I hope to find some folks in Southeast GA who are into the same and hope to one day be able to find the time to venture out of GA and enjoy time with others who I may meet on here. I hope everyone is staying safe during this time and YEEHAW!

I have finally started the build last night. Starting things off with a Leitner Designs ACS Forged System with some Accessories. Install was easy. Took about 3hrs or so. I took my time and it all went great. The fit, finish, and engineering of this thing is A++. Built like a tank. I think I'm in LOVE LOL. Ill have Vidjas of this build as it goes on too on YouTube. Next up is a Decked System and RTT. Maybe not in that order but we will see. This site is AWESOME by the way. Glad to be a part of it.

Attachments