Rman69

Rank I

Contributor III

Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Miller
Apologies in advance if this had been asked ad nauseam. Does anybody have a similar setup? I have a frontrunner slimline 2 rack and would like to purchase a bracket to work with the rack. Was wondering if this would work Bat Wing/Manta Wing Awning Brackets - by Front Runner for the 23zero 180 peregrine awning.

Thanks in advance!
Hey Brew, not the exact setup but I have a Slimline II with an OVS 270 awning. The OVS came with heavy duty brackets (they sell them without the awning). To fit to the Slimline rack I had to mount the brackets underneath the rails to account for the side rail hump that is prominent on top of the rack. The awning was pretty low. I ended up getting the front runner awning brackets - Awning Brackets - by Front Runner. These mount the awning to the side rail and I felt the weight of the awning put too much stress on the side rail when opening. But they may work for 23 Zero awing. They have 2 bolts holes that are made to fit into the track of the awning. Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Brew161

Rank III

Traveler III

California, USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Yee
Member #

It sure is, thank you for the confirmation fitment. I saw that particular bracket as well but was concerned that there's only 1 stress point (lip slot of the rack). Was hoping that the batwing/manta wing awning bracket would have enough distance to the mounting points of the 23zero 180 awning. I like it since there's 2 stress points - the lip, and the rack itself.. It'll arrive today and will post pictures (if it works out) for future reference of other OB members who'd have similar setup.

Brew161

Rank III

Traveler III

California, USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Yee
Member #

Just a reference for anybody wondering if the Frontrunner Bat wing/ Manta wing awning bracket would fit the 23zero Peregrine 180 awning.

Attachments

Enthusiast II

Agoura Hills, CA, USA
First Name
Jolo
Last Name
Bejasa
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Silverback
To add onto this question, would this awning also fit with a quick access release mount of Front runner onto the slimeline 2?
The quick release bracket was made for the standard pull-out awnings and not the 180/270 degree awnings. The quick release awning brackets are rated for awnings under 44.1lbs / 20kg.

Reactions: Brew161