Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Coming from South Sacramento, are you heading north on 505 then 5 to 20 west or are you heading west on 80 to the 37 then 101 north?. I would like to avoid back tracking. If you heading up 5 I could link up south of Dunning.

Reactions: Doc Runner

picknpluck

Rank V

Advocate II

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Geoffrey
Last Name
Krueger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ZZF
Service Branch
Army (Retired)
Coming from South Sacramento, are you heading north on 505 then 5 to 20 west or are you heading west on 80 to the 37 then 101 north?. I would like to avoid back tracking. If you heading up 5 I could link up south of Dunning.
@Offroadtails, we're planning on going up the 505.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
@Offroadtails, we're planning on going up the 505.
Ok, I asked a bad question. I routed myself completely wrong. There seems to be 4 rigs coming out of Sacramento now. Can we connect near Dunnigan, there is a truck stop just south of there?

bry42

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TRU
My schedule opened up and would love to join in if somebody needs to drop out. Would be coming out of Sacramento area.

Reactions: Offroadtails

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
I just cancelled. I just have too much going on at home right now. I am retired so I have all the time, but I rent and have had housemates which makes the financials flush. Last housemate left in March and even though I rent I am doing a bunch of work around the house. I was meant to have someone here by now but instead I am doing projects on my own dime and time as I plan on staying here long term and it is the perfect opportunity. I need it all done and then I will look for a housemate.

I did a GPX of the route from the Boardtree camp to the Bear camp and I have stayed at both. The trip is very gentle except for the fun of Mt Hull. 2WD all the way but 4WD might be handy on Mt Hull. I would gas up at a last gas station on Hwy 5 and that should last till Covello. Lots of pretty vistas and forested views. I have driven all of it in the last couple years.

I sent a message to TrailHawkGuy and picknpluck last night but they haven't got back to me so I will post here. This is a nice easy trip - both campgrounds are free and have lots of spaces. The only issue might be trees on the road - that happens often in Mendocino NF as fall out from wildfires.

Reactions: Offroadtails

picknpluck

Rank V

Advocate II

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Geoffrey
Last Name
Krueger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ZZF
Service Branch
Army (Retired)
Hey everyone, I made a couple of updates to the Rally Point for this weekend's trip. Of note, I listed the Shell station at 1300 W Wood St. in Willows as a Friday gas stop and alternate meetup point if Vacaville is too far out of the way. Assuming an on-time 1 PM departure from Vacaville, Google shows us getting to Willows at 2:40 PM. I also added an optional track out to Anthony Peak for Sunday morning.

One last housekeeping note: Please update the Rally Point if your attendance status has changed. There has been some interest in a waiting list, so if you signed up but can't go, please remove yourself in order to make room for someone else who may be interested. See you all on Friday!

SAM2CLIMB

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Terry
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Sorry, but I had to pull out at the last moment. The equipment got delayed in shipment. I really wanted to attend -- my loss. For those who are waiting -- please feel free to join. Hope everyone have fun.

picknpluck

Rank V

Advocate II

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Geoffrey
Last Name
Krueger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ZZF
Service Branch
Army (Retired)
Hi all

If anyone is running behind, we're going to depart Vacaville at 1:15 pm. In the event you miss us, we're stopping in Willows for gas at the Shell station. That's the next meet up spot.

Reactions: Adventure Overland

picknpluck

Rank V

Advocate II

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Geoffrey
Last Name
Krueger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ZZF
Service Branch
Army (Retired)
Thanks everyone for following me this weekend and making my first outing with this group a fun experience!

Attachments