Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi! I would like to know if there will be more action going on during that week-end? I mean Saterday and Sonday.
I'm very interest by this event and realise that the 5th of october is on a friday.
Since I'm from Montreal Canada, I will have a few hrs driving to get there.

Thanks.
The meet & greets tend to more of a camping trip and being it is in New York State there are not many opportunities for "Off Roading" but there are MILES of dirt trails and amazing scenery to explore while you are there!

Reactions: Kent R and Gunnar15

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

This is a 6 hr drive for me..I can't find any info for pricing on the web.. I too am curious about the dog friendly camping.I'd like a little more info before committing..
The campsites are FREE. It is primitive camping yet each site have an outhouse, picnic table and fire ring. This is just State land so your dogs are allowed just be sure to have all proper documentation in case of an accident.

KarmaSeoul

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
D
Member #

Just waiting to hear if we can get the days. Might be planning on going up earlier in the week. Anyone have recommendations for things to see or hikes to do?

Gunnar15

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Glenmont, NY
Member #

Just waiting to hear if we can get the days. Might be planning on going up earlier in the week. Anyone have recommendations for things to see or hikes to do?
Also, there are a couple of good hikes to some peaks and fire towers. Snowy mountain is a good hike, about 3-5 hours.

I know the area pretty well. My in-laws live in the area.

Reactions: KarmaSeoul

KarmaSeoul

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
D
Member #

Also, there are a couple of good hikes to some peaks and fire towers. Snowy mountain is a good hike, about 3-5 hours.

I know the area pretty well. My in-laws live in the area.
I think we are planning to come down Wednesday or Thursday to explore a bit before the weekend. I’ll have to look it.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

This sounds great :)

This will be the first time we make it to one of these events. And would be coming down from Canada. We were curious if we arrive late Friday evening is it too late to participate. Because we would leave after work to make the 4h drive? How much is it per vehicle to camp at Cedar River Flow campsite or is there a group booking already made?

Thanks
The sites are first come first serve basis. There are close to 150 primitive FREE sites. If Cedar River Flow happens to be full we will make our way into Moose River Plains (they connect to each other by a single dirt road.) You will be perfectly fine showing up late Friday. I will be trying to get a very "in the open site" for myself so those that show up late can find me easily and I can then help with additional site locations.

Reactions: Kent R and Scout

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi! I would like to know if there will be more action going on during that week-end? I mean Saterday and Sonday.
I'm very interest by this event and realise that the 5th of october is on a friday.
Since I'm from Montreal Canada, I will have a few hrs driving to get there.

Thanks.
This is a Fri-Sun event. I have a couple mildly technical trails for those looking for that. There are miles of easy soft trails to explore and many hiking and exploring options in the area. I have also set up a tasting at a local brew pub for Saturday afternoon for those who wish to partake. Shoot me a message if you have any other questions!

Reactions: Kent R

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

This is a 6 hr drive for me..I can't find any info for pricing on the web.. I too am curious about the dog friendly camping.I'd like a little more info before committing..
The sites are first come first serve basis. There are close to 150 primitive FREE sites. If Cedar River Flow happens to be full we will make our way into Moose River Plains (they connect to each other by a single dirt road.) I will be trying to get a very "in the open site" for myself so those that show up late can find me easily and I can then help with additional site locations.

Dogs are perfectly fine. Just be sure you have the proper vaccine paperwork for your pets.

Reactions: IanC83 and Kent R