East Region Fall Roundup (2nd Annual) - 10/05/2018

• HTML tutorial

Mike - JK

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

This sounds great :)

This will be the first time we make it to one of these events. And would be coming down from Canada. We were curious if we arrive late Friday evening is it too late to participate. Because we would leave after work to make the 4h drive? How much is it per vehicle to camp at Cedar River Flow campsite or is there a group booking already made?

Thanks

Normand Dubois

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Beloeil
Member #

Hi! I would like to know if there will be more action going on during that week-end? I mean Saterday and Sonday.
I'm very interest by this event and realise that the 5th of october is on a friday.
Since I'm from Montreal Canada, I will have a few hrs driving to get there.

Thanks.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

WE ROME

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Glenmoore, PA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3VMI, WRER282
Service Branch
USAF retired, fire p
Thanks Chris for setting this up. Melanie and I will be there and have RSVP'ed.

Mac & Melanie
Blue FJ60

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

This is a 6 hr drive for me..I can't find any info for pricing on the web.. I too am curious about the dog friendly camping.I'd like a little more info before committing..

Tonymorr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Malta, NY
Member #

Cedar River Flow is a free camping area. There are 14 vehicle-accessible sites available at the main area relatively close to each other. This area is at the entrance to Moose River Recreation area. A 23 mile smooth dirt road meanders through the area to Limekiln / Inlet / Old Forge. There are 100 plus sites along this road that are also free so you won't be left without a place to stay but you may end up miles away from the main group. This is Columbus Day Weekend so I would suspect the flow area will be full by Friday evening.

There are several roads that branch off of the main road. These are also all smooth dirt roads. This is a very cool area to explore and will hopefully be full of color by early October. There aren't really any "4WD roads" in this "recreation area". If you go looking for some you may find yourself in trouble with a fish cop. This is not to discourage anyone. I just thought I should mention it.

Last edited:

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

This sounds great :)

This will be the first time we make it to one of these events. And would be coming down from Canada. We were curious if we arrive late Friday evening is it too late to participate. Because we would leave after work to make the 4h drive? How much is it per vehicle to camp at Cedar River Flow campsite or is there a group booking already made?

Thanks
Friday evening is not too late! The camping is free/first come first serve. There are 37 sites and I was there on the 4th of July this year and only 5 sites were being used. This is very secluded camping area on a 23-27 mile dirt road. Look for the Big Yellow FJ Cruiser when you get there and I will help you find a good spot! See you there.