Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

Yeah they’re kinda of keeper lol
owned mine since mile 2. litterally drove it off the delivery truck.. my oldest son keeps begging me to give it to him. lol. we'll build it up to be his overlanding rig. likely as a series 105 diesel conversion. can't kill those things.

btw. nice to meet you all.

Kurosawa

Rank II

Contributor II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Stamper
Member #

Fort Worth here. Just got back from five weeks of dispersed camping and dozens of trails in CO. 3,500 miles between washes for the 200.

IMG_2432.jpeg

Reactions: SP3CTRE

Kurosawa

Rank II

Contributor II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Stamper
Member #

Think we crossed paths around silverton.... Rig looks familiar... and tons of Texans up there when we were...
Silverton was indeed more Texans and SXS than Colorado residents. Probably the least favorite stop of our trip but that's like saying it was bad pizza....it was still Colorado and it's tough to go too far wrong. Not many 200's out there so I bet we did cross paths, we left on the 1st and just got back a couple of days ago.

Arcbulldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Clennell
Member #

I’m am so Jealous I’ll be lucky to get out for a week but I’ll take it. Hope to run into you some place.

Reactions: Downs

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

Silverton was indeed more Texans and SXS than Colorado residents. Probably the least favorite stop of our trip but that's like saying it was bad pizza....it was still Colorado and it's tough to go too far wrong. Not many 200's out there so I bet we did cross paths, we left on the 1st and just got back a couple of days ago.
We started in Pie Town NM and went up the improvised Continental Divide Driving Trail and ended up about 100 miles off road north of Silverton came back into town on our way out. funniest part was finding the pandemic warning signs at the top of the trials and passes where only 5 people a day go... and never together. lol. wow, waste of $$$. Over 9 days off road we saw 9 series 80's, 2 series 100's and 1 series 200(according to my oldest son and co-pilot)... saw 49 Jeeps and about 100 sxs... most of the vehicles we saw in colorado in the last 3 days of our trip! NM was barren in re other overlanders... and except for the lack of water... I can't see why. Colorado rained, hailed, snowed (a bit) and then rained again on us 8 more times in less than 12 hours of crossing the border! lol. That and altitude sickness brought us back 8 days early... we'll run the trail again Mexico to Canada in the spring. maybe organize a group to go? We talked to more Texans than anyone else... that and a few Okies... but it was all good and you are right can't go wrong on that run.

As far as being jealous... dude just take a week off and find a few crazy friends to make the run... it happens. much easier during covid outbreak .. lol

Reactions: Traxx

Traxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Grishom
N Ft Worth/Keller here. I am running a F-150 mostly stock.
RAS overloads in the rear and slightly taller tires. Soon to upgrade the shocks and install a leveling kit. Also a M101A1 trailer, that I use for utility and may look into a partial conversion to an overland trailer.
My plans are to head to Big Bend and surrounding areas when it cools off during the nights. Maybe a couple of gravel road day trips before then.
I follow the KISS principle and that seems to keep most issues at bay.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: cheeny

cheeny

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Burleson, TX
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Welsh
N Ft Worth/Keller here. I am running a F-150 mostly stock.
RAS overloads in the rear and slightly taller tires. Soon to upgrade the shocks and install a leveling kit. Also a M101A1 trailer, that I use for utility and may look into a partial conversion to an overland trailer.
My plans are to head to Big Bend and surrounding areas when it cools off during the nights. Maybe a couple of gravel road day trips before then.
I follow the KISS principle and that seems to keep most issues at bay.
I'm looking for some family friendly day trips in our area, you know of any good routes?

Reactions: Traxx

Traxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Grishom
Not that I have done in the truck, but on a ADV motorcycle. Even then it was more of a "I wonder what is down this road" kinda thing. Most of the times on the bike I am looking for paved corners to play on.
I have property near Navarro Mills Lake and sometimes cruise the dirt FM roads there just to change up the scenery. So far they have been well maintained.

Reactions: cheeny

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I'm looking for some family friendly day trips in our area, you know of any good routes?
Check out the Texas Epic Adventure Trail (TEAT) There's a GPX file on this forum somewhere for it. Easy county and FM roads but good for sightseeing and getting out and about. The northern Part of it (it extendeds into Oklahoma) is the best part of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail (east side).

Reactions: Kent R and cheeny

cheeny

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Burleson, TX
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Welsh
Check out the Texas Epic Adventure Trail (TEAT) There's a GPX file on this forum somewhere for it. Easy county and FM roads but good for sightseeing and getting out and about. The northern Part of it (it extendeds into Oklahoma) is the best part of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail (east side).
Excellent, thanks both!

cheeny

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Burleson, TX
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Welsh
Just got the Texas Epic Adventure Trail loaded into Gaia, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again Downs!