Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Where is a good place to camp there?
Everywhere north of Beavers Bend State park. I assume you have some mapping or nav software? If so look north of Broken Bow (the city itself) and follow 259. Both sides of 259 have various FS and county roads running off into the woods. Check your mapping software and stay in the areas labeled as National Forrest. As you drive around you will find areas full of places where people have already setup dispersed spots in the past.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Everywhere north of Beavers Bend State park. I assume you have some mapping or nav software? If so look north of Broken Bow (the city itself) and follow 259. Both sides of 259 have various FS and county roads running off into the woods. Check your mapping software and stay in the areas labeled as National Forrest. As you drive around you will find areas full of places where people have already setup dispersed spots in the past.
We were up there last weekend cleaning trails since my car hauler is down waiting for axle parts and cant get the buggy anywhere. He may want to wait till fall to camp there unless he likes heat and humidity or has a camper with A/C i had my jeans soaked with sweat 5 min outta the trucks a/c. I would suggest he go on a daytrip to drive around up there and get familliar with the area while it hot.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
We were up there last weekend cleaning trails since my car hauler is down waiting for axle parts and cant get the buggy anywhere. He may want to wait till fall to camp there unless he likes heat and humidity or has a camper with A/C i had my jeans soaked with sweat 5 min outta the trucks a/c. I would suggest he go on a daytrip to drive around up there and get familliar with the area while it hot.
I was up there too but a little further north with a couple of buddies. Ticks are also a problem right now lol. I pulled 4 off of myself in a few days even with copious use of OFF. :P

Arcbulldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Clennell
Member #

Sounds like we should plan a trip in the fall. Just a reminder we are getting together in Grapevine this weekend.

Reactions: Downs

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Greetings from North Fort Worth. Saginaw/ Fort Worth border. I can’t wait for the travel restrictions to ease. I need to get out and “get lost.”

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Greetings from North Fort Worth. Saginaw/ Fort Worth border. I can’t wait for the travel restrictions to ease. I need to get out and “get lost.”
I lived in Saginaw (north east of the Walmart and railroad tracks) for about 3 years when I was stationed in Fort Worth. Enjoyed it up there. CLose enough to work to be convenient but not far north and you were out of the city.

Arcbulldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Clennell
Member #

I lived in Saginaw (north east of the Walmart and railroad tracks) for about 3 years when I was stationed in Fort Worth. Enjoyed it up there. CLose enough to work to be convenient but not far north and you were out of the city.
Where at JRB? What unit?

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Where at JRB? What unit?
Hi Clennell :) If you're the Clennell I'm thinking of. VMGR-234 from 08-13. Worked in Flight E and then was a QAR for a while as well.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS

I miss it ha.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I got out in 2016. High Year Tenure :( I'll keep an eye out. Grapevine is a good haul for me from here for a meetup but I'll try to make one.