Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
im up for a routinely occurring meet up. I am in Fort Collins so the springs is just too much hassle to make. Lafayette has a cars and coffee once a month on saturday morning that is very attended; that is an option. can start an overland bound area for it. anything from new supras to a ford gt and mclaren last week

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
im up for a routinely occurring meet up. I am in Fort Collins so the springs is just too much hassle to make. Lafayette has a cars and coffee once a month on saturday morning that is very attended; that is an option. can start an overland bound area for it. anything from new supras to a ford gt and mclaren last week
I work in Fort Collins, but I live further south. Is the cars and coffee the one in the Flatiron Church parking lot?

Kyle Collins

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Hey ya'll. My wife and I live in Fort Collins. It would be great to have a group to wheel with. The last two years we've been going by ourselves. Is there a Northern Colorado group on here somewhere?

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Hey ya'll. My wife and I live in Fort Collins. It would be great to have a group to wheel with. The last two years we've been going by ourselves. Is there a Northern Colorado group on here somewhere?
There is no active OB group in the Fort Collins Area that I am aware of. There was one in Denver that fizzled out a year or two ago and now a lot of us traveling to Colorado Springs.

If you are looking to go out with a good group of people for a day run you should check out Larimer County Four Wheel Drive Club – The Mountaineers. They are a local 4x4 club in Fort Collins that does not care what you drive as long as it has front and rear recovery points. :)

If you give me at least a 1.5-week notice, I usually can get away for a day of exploring.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

You are correct!

We just got a group going in Springs and need to work on Denver. @JDGreens, @Charles Drives Boris and @Fearless are from up there and have been making the trip down.

@Edy Coyote , would you or any others like to suggest a time and/or venue for an informal gathering to try to get something going?
You forgot me! LOL

Anyway, I'm in Denver too. Let's plan something soon :sunglasses:

Kyle Collins

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Collins
Member #

There is no active OB group in the Fort Collins Area that I am aware of. There was one in Denver that fizzled out a year or two ago and now a lot of us traveling to Colorado Springs.

If you are looking to go out with a good group of people for a day run you should check out Larimer County Four Wheel Drive Club – The Mountaineers. They are a local 4x4 club in Fort Collins that does not care what you drive as long as it has front and rear recovery points. :)

If you give me at least a 1.5-week notice, I usually can get away for a day of exploring.
Cool, thanks for the invitation to join! I’ll keep this in mind. Heck, maybe we could get a northern colorado ride planned this spring and do some local trails and meet everyone

Cool, thanks for invitation! I’ll check it out.
Maybe we could get the northern colorado OB members to do a ride this spring. We could meet everyone in the area and have some fun wheeling

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I really think that it's just great to get something solid going anywhere up and down the front range. I belong to a 4x4 group that has members up and down the entire front range. There is a lot to be said about having a larger pool of people to count on if you want to plan a trip. Everyone of us have different schedules and it sure would be nice if you wanted to plan a trip and instead of knowing just 5-10 guys/gals that might be able to make the trip or 25-50 guys/gals that may be able to go. I'm not sure how many belong to Front range 4x4 but I do know it's a great group with a large enough pool, that if I post a for a run anywhere along the front range there usually at least between 4-5 or more show up. And there is always opportunities to join someone elses run.

It will be great to get something going up north, and centrally but it also would be good if we all got together (all three groups) (like) (June Jam type event) so that you can meet others that might be up for the same trip your wanting to do. Let me know if there is something planned for northern Co. Cause I want to explore that region too.. In fact once they relax the stay at home order enough let's plan something in the northern region. Personally I would rather meet at a trailhead and do a trail just because I think things will still be kind of restricted for a while. What do the rest of you think? Maybe touch on this towards the end of April.

Reactions: Zappe and JCarter

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
I really think that it's just great to get something solid going anywhere up and down the front range. I belong to a 4x4 group that has members up and down the entire front range. There is a lot to be said about having a larger pool of people to count on if you want to plan a trip. Everyone of us have different schedules and it sure would be nice if you wanted to plan a trip and instead of knowing just 5-10 guys/gals that might be able to make the trip or 25-50 guys/gals that may be able to go. I'm not sure how many belong to Front range 4x4 but I do know it's a great group with a large enough pool, that if I post a for a run anywhere along the front range there usually at least between 4-5 or more show up. And there is always opportunities to join someone elses run.

It will be great to get something going up north, and centrally but it also would be good if we all got together (all three groups) (like) (June Jam type event) so that you can meet others that might be up for the same trip your wanting to do. Let me know if there is something planned for northern Co. Cause I want to explore that region too.. In fact once they relax the stay at home order enough let's plan something in the northern region. Personally I would rather meet at a trailhead and do a trail just because I think things will still be kind of restricted for a while. What do the rest of you think? Maybe touch on this towards the end of April.
I hope the "stay at home" stops at April and does not bleed into May. :fearscream:

I also wonder how many more mountain towns will follow suit with Gilpin County and block any non-resident from getting through to access public lands?
1585715186314.png

• Wow
Reactions: Boort

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Yeah I heard about that. I hope that people will start taking this seriously. Before they start hassling everyone and enforce the order. People are overcrowding open space parks to go "hiking" when Governer Polus actually means walking in your own neighborhood keeping a safe distance from each other. At this kind of compliance, the order might stretch to June. As much as I hate staying put I certainly don't want the whole summer shot. That would really crush the economy, no matter how much money the government tries to throw at it. That's just watering down the value of the dollar. The effect won't be good.

• Sad
Reactions: JCarter

Kyle Collins

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Collins
Member #

This i

This is a great plan! Let’s keep it in mind

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Hey, everyone! I live just south of Denver in Englewood and would love to get a group going.
Heck you might live near me! We will have to roll together once they ease the stay at home order. My Daughter and Son-in-law traded thier Toyota Tacoma and thier Rubicon for Fj Cruiser out of necessity once they had 2 youngster, then they had a couple more and they let go of it for a Ford Excursion. I really liked the Fj Cruiser. Very nice rig!