Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Hopefully one of the guys that manage telegram discussions will come along and invite you.

I camped in a really great spot by the water's edge of twin lakes a few years ago. In hindsight, I'm not sure it was a legal location, however. I'm actually headed up in that direction to Buena Vista this weekend. I don't know if I can make it back as soon as your dates, however.

@TexasDavid should be in the area at that time might be interested. Keep us all posted nonetheless. Do you plan to create a rally point?
Twin Lakes is such a beautiful spot! We frequent the Mount Elbert forebay quite a bit.

Enjoy Buena Vista, we are headed for Peru Creek this weekend for the beer fest going on in the area.

Yeah if we get some traction I will put a meet up an exact meet up spot.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hopefully one of the guys that manage telegram discussions will come along and invite you.

I camped in a really great spot by the water's edge of twin lakes a few years ago. In hindsight, I'm not sure it was a legal location, however. I'm actually headed up in that direction to Buena Vista this weekend. I don't know if I can make it back as soon as your dates, however.

@TexasDavid should be in the area at that time might be interested. Keep us all posted nonetheless. Do you plan to create a rally point?
Twin Lakes is such a beautiful spot! We frequent the Mount Elbert forebay quite a bit.

Enjoy Buena Vista, we are headed for Peru Creek this weekend for the beer fest going on in the area.

Yeah if we get some traction I will put a meet up an exact meet up spot.
Okay, but if you care for any advice from someone who has led several RP events, you'll probably gain more traction after creating a rally point because of the visibility it creates. My $.02.

Reactions: scubasteve2002

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Okay, but if you care for any advice from someone who has led several RP events, you'll probably gain more traction after creating a rally point because of the visibility it creates. My $.02.
Ahh, is this something in another part of the forum? If so I will definitely set it up there. If not I will add it to this page. Thank you for the information!

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey everyone! Been in Denver for just over a year now and remembered I had an account from 2016 haha. Glad to be back and hope to meet some of the group soon. I was part of the Ohio group and still keep in touch with them to this day as they were some great people!

I posted on Expedition Portal about the Perseid Meteor Shower Meetup from August 11th -13th and have a spot I would like to go to. No luck on any comments though. Also unfortunately my wife will not be able to make the trip but would enjoy getting out into the mountains and seeing these showers as best as possible.
Hey Steve, welcome - back - to OB! What part of Denver are you at?