US West Death Valley Photography Trip February 24-28th, 2021 (rescheduled)

• HTML tutorial

OutbackInTheWild

Rank V

Advocate III

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Vladimirs
Last Name
P
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6VVP
Just looked at the waypoints, its shaping out pretty good.
The only place you left out is Eureka dunes, but they are a bit out of the way.

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

Just looked at the waypoints, its shaping out pretty good.
The only place you left out is Eureka dunes, but they are a bit out of the way.
Right - a bit out of the way, as are Panamint Dunes (which I'd also like to visit at some point). You may want to add time for yourself at the end of the trip to take in some other locations that I don't manage to cover.

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I am guessing you will be here Friday WayPoint 4:Racetrack Playa, California, USA ???

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

I am guessing you will be here Friday WayPoint 4:Racetrack Playa, California, USA ???
Right now the working plan is to camp Thursday night (December 10) at Homestake camp near Racetrack Playa. We'll be doing a sunset shoot at the playa on Thursday 10th, and a sunrise the next morning (Friday 11th). After sunrise we'll likely grab some breakfast up there, then head over to Marble Canyon.

BTW - We've been evacuated from the fires burning in the Santa Cruz Mountains, so trip planning has slowed somewhat. I hope to pick things up once we get more settled, but please feel free to keep using this thread for any questions you may have.

• Wow
Reactions: Bungy_teckel

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

After an unplanned interruption due to evacuations, I'm back to planning out the trip.

I've put together some routes for days 1-3. Day 4 (December 13) is technically a departure day - I haven't put together a plan for that day yet - let me know if you are available that day and I'll put together maybe a half day plan to give you time to get back home. I have tried to cover camping locations for each of the days, but that needs some more research, and I'll probably to a scouting trip before December to confirm those locations will work.

I was also thinking that it might be fun to get together on a Zoom call in the next month or so to share some of our photography and get to know each other before the trip. Let me know if you would be interested in this and I'll work on scheduling something.

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

Overlandenthusiast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, United States
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

After an unplanned interruption due to evacuations, I'm back to planning out the trip.

I've put together some routes for days 1-3. Day 4 (December 13) is technically a departure day - I haven't put together a plan for that day yet - let me know if you are available that day and I'll put together maybe a half day plan to give you time to get back home. I have tried to cover camping locations for each of the days, but that needs some more research, and I'll probably to a scouting trip before December to confirm those locations will work.

I was also thinking that it might be fun to get together on a Zoom call in the next month or so to share some of our photography and get to know each other before the trip. Let me know if you would be interested in this and I'll work on scheduling something.

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer
That’s a good idea. Let’s connect next month.

Reactions: Bungy_teckel

Bungy_teckel

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

California, USA
First Name
Michel
Last Name
D
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSG
Thanks for the prep, nice job getting those files together. Available for a zoom call most days.