US West Death Valley Photography Trip February 24-28th, 2021 (rescheduled)

• HTML tutorial

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

My guess is that we will still be under restrictions at that time as we haven't gotten past the peak hospitalizations related to Christmas/New Year's yet and the vaccine process isn't starting out great. BLM is still open and I hope to do some runs in Mojave/Death Valley/Anza areas during the wildflower bloom months around March and April but we only have had one good day of rain so far in the past month.

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

Well, the good news is that the overall COVID situation seems to be improving in the southern California region, but other things are occupying my time now so I can't make it. For that reason I'll have to officially cancel the trip for now. Sorry to have to do this - I was hopeful this would have been a good one but events kind of took over. If you want to check out locations on your own and need any advice, please feel free to reach out and I'll try to help in whatever way I can.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Well, the good news is that the overall COVID situation seems to be improving in the southern California region, but other things are occupying my time now so I can't make it. For that reason I'll have to officially cancel the trip for now. Sorry to have to do this - I was hopeful this would have been a good one but events kind of took over. If you want to check out locations on your own and need any advice, please feel free to reach out and I'll try to help in whatever way I can.
Thanks for putting this all together in the first place. I'm in the same boat as you as for later this month. My wife is now working weekends at a vaccination site and I am having to deal with loss of staffing that can't be replaced at my work and deadlines at the end of the month. I am looking forward to being retired this time next year along with everyone having their shots so I can go out every week.

Reactions: PapaDave