Cool new shower enclosure - anyone seen these in the U.S. yet?

• HTML tutorial

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
So I'm watching Andrew St. Pierre-White's video's on his trek across the Channing Stock Route, which by the way is on my list of tracks to drive, and he says "it's time to shower!".

At this point, I kind of want to fast forward past that part, but then he gets to the coolest shower enclosure I think I've seen.
shower1.jpg

shower2.jpg

And then it does this!...
shower3.jpg

shower4.jpg

shower5.jpg

In the end, a very convenient (which I'm always looking for) way to shower in modesty, that looks like this.
shower7.jpg

shower6.jpg

I'll spare you the actual ASPW shower portion, that's not my bag baby.

So, now I come to my question. Has anybody seen or does anyone know of this product for sale in these United States?

He mentions in the comments in his video that it will be 'coming the U.S. soon, stand by', but I can't wait!

I have the shower sorted out (I think) but my enclosure game is a little weak and this would be the cool solution. Call it glamping or whatever, this is the ultimate convenience that might get my wife out on the trail with me!

I'm sure it will be expensive. I might be forced to make it myself!

Dan.

SC_4Runner

Rank 0

Contributor II

I spoke with the company, they are currently in talks with a US distributor. $640 for aluminum version and $550 for soft. Those are Australian dollars. They are taking a list of names and email address for when it hits the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I spoke with the company, they are currently in talks with a US distributor. $640 for aluminum version and $550 for soft. Those are Australian dollars. They are taking a list of names and email address for when it hits the US.

I don't understand the difference between Aluminum and Soft...?

And what company is taking info, I'm ready for them to take my money!

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
OK totally get it now, I thought you were referring to the shower curtain being aluminum :tongueclosed:, couldn't put that together in my head.

I would definitely be interested in the soft one, but yeah, $500! How much cool do you need? I imagine their market is pretty small here.

Reactions: SC_4Runner

SC_4Runner

Rank 0

Contributor II

OK totally get it now, I thought you were referring to the shower curtain being aluminum :tongueclosed:, couldn't put that together in my head.

I would definitely be interested in the soft one, but yeah, $500! How much cool do you need? I imagine their market is pretty small here.
I’d be in for a soft one too, maybe they will be less with the exchange rate of $1.28. Wasn’t the shower squeaking driving ASPW nuts though?

GeorgiaandherJeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norwalk, CT
Member #

I saw that on his video as well, and commented about how it was pretty much the same as what I was thinking of after I finally got my girlfriend out for a trip to the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival. That was one big gripe, was that there wasn’t really any privacy or convenient way to shower and I thought a simple rack mounted enclosure would be easy for people to use with shower systems like the diy pvc pipes or road showers. I was waiting for that system to come out since ASPW mentioned it, but $500 seems like a lot for what could be done with some aluminum extrusion and a shower curtain... I’ll wait for more info, but will probably put one of these together for next summer.

Reactions: khorsa

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I'm am convinced that with the projects i have seen on this site the OB community can come up with a plan to build this at a much lower price. Plus you get the satisfaction of knowing you built what you needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

babyjake

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crest, CA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Bollinger
Member #

I'm am convinced that with the projects i have seen on this site the OB community can come up with a plan to build this at a much lower price. Plus you get the satisfaction of knowing you built what you needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app
Exactly. I use a pop up tent that’s a out house or changing tent, run a little battery powered inline bump to my 5 gallon jug with a shower head attached and walla!

khorsa

Rank III

Advocate II

michigan

I'm not so sure about that. There are plenty of Overmallers that dump an incredible amount of money for "camp chic".

Hell, I wince whenever I see someone with a Trash-a-roo. A thirty dollar G.I. (or knock off) large ruck sack does the same thing and will mount just fine. Same deal with fold down tables for Jeep tailgates. I made mine out of aluminum diamond plate for thirty bucks, I'm not spending one to two hundred for a wee table to hold stuffs.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I'm not so sure about that. There are plenty of Overmallers that dump an incredible amount of money for "camp chic".

Hell, I wince whenever I see someone with a Trash-a-roo. A thirty dollar G.I. (or knock off) large ruck sack does the same thing and will mount just fine. Same deal with fold down tables for Jeep tailgates. I made mine out of aluminum diamond plate for thirty bucks, I'm not spending one to two hundred for a wee table to hold stuffs.
If Jeep still made flat fenders like my cj2a we wouldn't need tables. I still gave you a thumbs up even though i have a trash a roo. Lol

Reactions: TerryD and khorsa

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I believe Drifta 4wd makes one of those too. Last I checked they were out of stock. Maybe I’ll just strap my Privy to the side of the 80 like that, it could at least look the part.

Reactions: VCeXpedition

khorsa

Rank III

Advocate II

michigan
If Jeep still made flat fenders like my cj2a we wouldn't need tables. I still gave you a thumbs up even though i have a trash a roo. Lol
Don't get me wrong, to each their own. :smile: I'm glad people are getting heavily into offroad camping. It's awesome!

I'm just the type of guy who saves money by re-purposing stuff like a used ruck in place of a trash a roo and save that money for a better lift or something like that.

As for this particular shower. I'm in the same boat as some others, I need a shower if I want wifey to go. So I am looking at one of those bathroom/shower tents and either solar shower bags or a pump and a jug of warm water. For me, a ho-bath with a pan of warm water, washcloth and some soap is fine.

Reactions: babyjake

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

So I'm watching Andrew St. Pierre-White's video's on his trek across the Channing Stock Route, which by the way is on my list of tracks to drive, and he says "it's time to shower!".

At this point, I kind of want to fast forward past that part, but then he gets to the coolest shower enclosure I think I've seen.
View attachment 37430

View attachment 37431

And then it does this!...
View attachment 37432

View attachment 37433

View attachment 37434

In the end, a very convenient (which I'm always looking for) way to shower in modesty, that looks like this.
View attachment 37435

View attachment 37436

I'll spare you the actual ASPW shower portion, that's not my bag baby.

So, now I come to my question. Has anybody seen or does anyone know of this product for sale in these United States?

He mentions in the comments in his video that it will be 'coming the U.S. soon, stand by', but I can't wait!

I have the shower sorted out (I think) but my enclosure game is a little weak and this would be the cool solution. Call it glamping or whatever, this is the ultimate convenience that might get my wife out on the trail with me!

I'm sure it will be expensive. I might be forced to make it myself!

Dan.
Pretty slick!

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Don't get me wrong, to each their own. :smile: I'm glad people are getting heavily into offroad camping. It's awesome!

I'm just the type of guy who saves money by re-purposing stuff like a used ruck in place of a trash a roo and save that money for a better lift or something like that.

As for this particular shower. I'm in the same boat as some others, I need a shower if I want wifey to go. So I am looking at one of those bathroom/shower tents and either solar shower bags or a pump and a jug of warm water. For me, a ho-bath with a pan of warm water, washcloth and some soap is fine.
check out my post I'm right there with you. I'd rather build what i need befor purchasing mass produced parts made to look good instead of working good. As far as a shower i have two that wont go with out. I posted a description of our solar shower somewhere on here but if you want to know more contact me an i would be happy to go over with you how we built it. I didn't take anything said as bad and hope anything i said didn't come off in a bad way.

SC_4Runner

Rank 0

Contributor II

It’s like $430 after conversion. I suspect they will sell a couple hundred at that price. It’s a great design. How much are ARB awnings?