US Rocky Mountain COLORADO: Miner's Loop & More!

• HTML tutorial

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey everyone, unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. I've "un" RSVP'd so hopefully someone can fill my spot.
See you on the next one!
I forgot to tell you.... Tincup is much easier than last year. That one technical spot between the pass and the lake has been filled in. The water crossing was almost nothing. Seriously.

Now sign back up.

Charles Drives Things

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

Hey everyone, unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. I've "un" RSVP'd so hopefully someone can fill my spot.
See you on the next one!
I forgot to tell you.... Tincup is much easier than last year. That one technical spot between the pass and the lake has been filled in. The water crossing was almost nothing. Seriously.

Now sign back up.
I wish I could!! Thats one of my favorite areas!

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Just Fyi I plan on bringing both our 10x10 canopy as well as our propane fire pit for community use incase it rains on us, seems like this monsoon season came out of no where this year.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Heads up; For those who are traveling from the Denver area via 285 heading through Fairplay, I wanted to give heads up in case Google maps doesn't have the information updated in their mapping. There is going to be a detour that would add significant time to our route getting to the Buena Vista area. They are rebuilding the bridge between Fairplay and Antero junction. Here is a link;

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Also wanted to add that my intention is to gas-up in Johnsons Village gas/mini mart..at around 8:30-8:45 on Thursday morning I'll hangout until 9:15 and then head to the trail head of Mnt Antero. Let me know if you would like to meet me there? Otherwise I'll see you at the trailhead, It shows its about a 30 minute drive from there on google maps. Cheers! David

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

It look like they have postponed the bridge project for now. I would still check before heading out on 285?.???

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Another small change I think would be beneficial, would be to change the staging area on Friday to the fence along the road in the town of St Elmo. When I drove from our tentative campsite at the trailhead of Baldwin Lakes I incountered 6 rigs pulling there ohv's (that area is their staging area) but the pit toilet is really the last place to do your last minute business so you can always stop there along the road. It will also give anyone the chance to get there early if they wish to checkout the ghost town. CHEERS!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Another small change I think would be beneficial, would be to change the staging area on Friday to the fence along the road in the town of St Elmo. When I drove from our tentative campsite at the trailhead of Baldwin Lakes I incountered 6 rigs pulling there ohv's (that area is their staging area) but the pit toilet is really the last place to do your last minute business so you can always stop there along the road. It will also give anyone the chance to get there early if they wish to checkout the ghost town. CHEERS!
I've updated the coordinates for the meeting area. I did so before I saw your comments about the fence. I just remember this spot as a decent place to line up several vehicles. Let me know if it's not close enough.

• WayPoint 1:
  • 25895 Co Rd 162, Nathrop, CO 81236,
  • USAGPS Coordinates:38.70346, -106.34595
  • Notes:FRIDAY (11:00 AM): Townsite of St. Elmo

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Reactions: JDGreens

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Looking like we have 5 of us meeting for Mnt Antero and Dave is meeting us at the campsite. Around 4 pm. That is a good # for the trip. So far! I sent pm s to other members that have not responded. Thanks everyone. I'll check on everything in the morning before I take off. Safe travels! See you tomorrow.

Reactions: Iridium