• HTML tutorial

ToyoMo

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Eagle, NE
Member #

I've got a decent collection too. I've used Coleman fuel in the soves for years but have recently switched to a propane adapter. Really glad I did. I've got a propane tree too that attaches to the tank, gives you two propane hook ups on the stem, and one at the top that I use a propane lantern with. Great setup. I also recently bit the bullet a d bought the small 5 lb tank for situations where I dont want to haul a big tank. Those little things are pricey.
Where did you get a propane adapter? I have several old stoves and lanterns that worked several seasons ago, but I have been plagued with problems and can’t get them to work reliably. I would like to convert at least one stove to keep in my rig.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Also a favorite of mine. A fully functioning Coleman single mantle 200A built in 1959 in better than average condition.

Love the teardrop bell shape. Have a 1960's Coleman(all Green), and a early 60's Thermos (metallic silver/blue) lantern.

A question: Why did Coleman use RED on some of their equipment, and use all green (traditional) on most other models? This question is pre-silver models.

Reactions: Drifterman

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Where did you get a propane adapter? I have several old stoves and lanterns that worked several seasons ago, but I have been plagued with problems and can’t get them to work reliably. I would like to convert at least one stove to keep in my rig.
Have a propane stove conversion, hooked to a tree and bottle. I did this for ease of use in cold weather. Makes it much easier. and quicker in the Am.
Try a farm store or well equipped out door store. IFA/Cal-Ranch/Ace/Cabellas/Bass Pro, etc for conversion parts.

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
Also found a Coleman Air-o-lantern model QL without the patent date on the air tube which supposedly means its a pre 1919 version. Spent the last week cleaning it and sourcing an air pump for it off eBay. Hold your breath I just might get it to light.

Running around today came across a Coleman 413B two cast iron burner stove for a vary good price. Which I may go back and get after the research I just did, made in 1946.

Cheers

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
Love the teardrop bell shape. Have a 1960's Coleman(all Green), and a early 60's Thermos (metallic silver/blue) lantern.

A question: Why did Coleman use RED on some of their equipment, and use all green (traditional) on most other models? This question is pre-silver models.
I have no idea, I suspect its what ever they had on hand at the time....

Reactions: Drifterman

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
After reading through this entire thread I remembered I have a single burner Coleman like in the video on the previous page, not as old as that one but probably 30+ years old. I need to look through my garage mess and find it and see what kind of shape it is in. Pretty sure after going through this thread I've caught the disease and will now be looking for old Coleman products in pawn shops, flea markets and yard sales! I have some solar lights but there's something about the glow of a Coleman gas lantern!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
After reading through this entire thread I remembered I have a single burner Coleman like in the video on the previous page, not as old as that one but probably 30+ years old. I need to look through my garage mess and find it and see what kind of shape it is in. Pretty sure after going through this thread I've caught the disease and will now be looking for old Coleman products in pawn shops, flea markets and yard sales! I have some solar lights but there's something about the glow of a Coleman gas lantern!
Welcome to the disease!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well I went through all my closed containers in the Garage and didn't find my single burner Coleman stove but I did find a Coleman Lantern I forgot I had! My guess is it's about 20 years old, not antique by any means. My guess it's been sitting in that container for 10+ years, pulled it out of the box, hooked up a one pound propane tank and it fired up after I took the top off and used a lighter to ignite it. Looks like the part that allows you to push a button to create a spark is bad. Anybody know the part name for the push button spark thingy?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Well I went through all my closed containers in the Garage and didn't find my single burner Coleman stove but I did find a Coleman Lantern I forgot I had! My guess is it's about 20 years old, not antique by any means. My guess it's been sitting in that container for 10+ years, pulled it out of the box, hooked up a one pound propane tank and it fired up after I took the top off and used a lighter to ignite it. Looks like the part that allows you to push a button to create a spark is bad. Anybody know the part name for the push button spark thingy?
Not right off. Check oldcolemanparts.com I don't know how much of the propane stuff he deals in though.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Look like this?

Unfortunately it doesn't look like that. The model I have has the button built in and then you can see a white rod with a metal exposed tip. I imagine it's one of the ones on this page but none of them shows pictures to compare to what I have. I'll have to remove it and take some pictures. I probably need to figure out if the problem is in the button mechanism or the electrode.

https://www.coleman.com/search/?globalsearch=Igniter&lang=default

Reactions: Motoboss