Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Yeah, I'm afraid you'll have to saw the stud in two. It's welded to the top of the burner assembly which in the later pieces were stamped steel. You can probably salvage the nut and burner by replacing the stud if you can get it apart but you may have to sacrifice the nut.

Check www.oldcolemanparts.com for a whole burner assembly for your 290. I think a 285 uses the same assembly IIRC. But double check me on that.
Thanks, Terry.
I just remembered I have a Nut Spliter from when I worked on Heavy Equipment. I don't know why I didn't think of that before hand. I'm going to try to split the brass thumb-nut. I'll purchase another nut, along with anything else I'll need to get it back in working order.

Reactions: TerryD

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well as I stated a couple of pages back reading this thread I picked up the Coleman Sickness Affliction. Since I made that comment November 6th I've picked up an older Coleman propane lantern, a white gas lantern and a white gas Stove manufactured 6/85, will post some picks when I get them off my phone. The Stove is a 412 I believe, at least that is the Generator it uses. I can't find any marking on it besides the instructions on the inside of the lid where it lists the Generator it uses and the date stamped on the bottom. The inside parts on the stove look almost new, barely used. The outside of the stove case has a lot of surface rust. I'll be sanding that down and repainting it, will probably take it completely apart, paint the case and then put it back together. I've been to a few flea markets now on my quest to find vintage Coleman Stoves, Lanterns and whatever else I vintage Coleman I might find, my wife thinks I'm crazy!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Ok, here's the pictures. I'm new to the Coleman Affliction so am I right in assume the stove is a 412 based on the fact the Generator is a 412?

Coleman Vintage Stove & Lanterns.jpgColeman Vintage Stove.jpgColeman Vintage Propane Lantern.jpgColeman Vintage Powerhouse Lantern.jpg

Reactions: Motoboss and TerryD

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

The stove looks like a 425 series, it’s small and compact. They may have changed the model numbers though. The older ones had the model number stamped in the metal on the front of the stove. I really like the light green top on the propane lantern!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I'll have to take a closer look at the front of the stove, might be there but just hidden by some surface rust. I'll probably paint the light green top hunter green to match the bottom. The light green top has paint missing on the edge with some rust so I'll take care of that and then repaint.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Saturday my son and I put some shelves up and did some cleaning up in our storage unit. I made it a point to look in every box in that storage unit and I found it, the first Coleman single burner stove I bought at the BX on Torrejon AFB in Spain around 1990! The date stamped on the bottom is 6/89 and since it's been in storage for several years it is in excellent shape, glad I found it and it will now join the rest of my rapidly growing collection of Coleman stoves and lanterns!

Coleman 508 Single Burner Stove.jpg

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well it wasn't raining this morning, pretty cool, in the 40's but headed to the Flea Market and glad I did. Saved a Coleman 5154 propane lantern manufactured 4/86, the guy had the base and top but it was missing the glass globe. Tested the spark ignition and it worked so gave the guy $10 and just ordered a new globe off Amazon for $10, should be here Tuesday, can't wait to fire it up!