Coleman Sickness..affliction...

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Denver Co.
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham Callsign
KD0ZDX
Recently restored this little gem.

A Coleman 152 table lamp built in 1943. Was a flee market find that I didn't even know what was until doing the research.

ToyoMo

Rank II
Founder 500

Contributor II

Eagle, NE
Member #

I've got a decent collection too. I've used Coleman fuel in the soves for years but have recently switched to a propane adapter. Really glad I did. I've got a propane tree too that attaches to the tank, gives you two propane hook ups on the stem, and one at the top that I use a propane lantern with. Great setup. I also recently bit the bullet a d bought the small 5 lb tank for situations where I dont want to haul a big tank. Those little things are pricey.
Where did you get a propane adapter? I have several old stoves and lanterns that worked several seasons ago, but I have been plagued with problems and can’t get them to work reliably. I would like to convert at least one stove to keep in my rig.

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS=WREA307
Also a favorite of mine. A fully functioning Coleman single mantle 200A built in 1959 in better than average condition.

Love the teardrop bell shape. Have a 1960's Coleman(all Green), and a early 60's Thermos (metallic silver/blue) lantern.

A question: Why did Coleman use RED on some of their equipment, and use all green (traditional) on most other models? This question is pre-silver models.

Reactions: Drifterman

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS=WREA307
Where did you get a propane adapter? I have several old stoves and lanterns that worked several seasons ago, but I have been plagued with problems and can’t get them to work reliably. I would like to convert at least one stove to keep in my rig.
Have a propane stove conversion, hooked to a tree and bottle. I did this for ease of use in cold weather. Makes it much easier. and quicker in the Am.
Try a farm store or well equipped out door store. IFA/Cal-Ranch/Ace/Cabellas/Bass Pro, etc for conversion parts.

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Denver Co.
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham Callsign
KD0ZDX
Also found a Coleman Air-o-lantern model QL without the patent date on the air tube which supposedly means its a pre 1919 version. Spent the last week cleaning it and sourcing an air pump for it off eBay. Hold your breath I just might get it to light.

Running around today came across a Coleman 413B two cast iron burner stove for a vary good price. Which I may go back and get after the research I just did, made in 1946.

Cheers

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Denver Co.
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham Callsign
KD0ZDX
Love the teardrop bell shape. Have a 1960's Coleman(all Green), and a early 60's Thermos (metallic silver/blue) lantern.

A question: Why did Coleman use RED on some of their equipment, and use all green (traditional) on most other models? This question is pre-silver models.
I have no idea, I suspect its what ever they had on hand at the time....