Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

I use a heated mug with car charging for tea. Just have to be careful when driving it as it can get super hot when half way gone. Don't even have to stop, build a fire, or pull out cooking gear to have constant coffee or tea. Mine is similar to this one:
Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I recently realized that I'm going to need to make a lot of coffee every morning for 2 weeks on my next trip.

After reading through the thread, there were lots of ideas for one or two people, but nothing that seemed like it would work for 4+ people.

I've seen the Coleman with the glass carafe, but i'm very weary of anything glass bouncing around the trail for more than a thousand miles...

I've tried different percolators in the past, but they never seem to make good coffee.

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

I recently realized that I'm going to need to make a lot of coffee every morning for 2 weeks on my next trip.

After reading through the thread, there were lots of ideas for one or two people, but nothing that seemed like it would work for 4+ people.

I've seen the Coleman with the glass carafe, but i'm very weary of anything glass bouncing around the trail for more than a thousand miles...

I've tried different percolators in the past, but they never seem to make good coffee.
REI had a 48oz press, much like the 32oz I use, but it looks like both sizes have been discontinued. Otherwise, large batches are tough... And yeah, I've perked a ton of coffee in my old enamel percolator, and it's never better than "just barely acceptable". It helps to add booze, I've found...

atcbrad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Coleman makes one with a stainless carafe. We have the one that uses propane, it's a little slower but it works. It frees up our stove for breakfast and as long as we set it up before we start cooking, we'll have a carafe of coffee ready for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kickkem

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I am addicted to the french press at home, and I found the perfect single serve press for camping.

12.jpg

Reactions: kickkem and Hapkijo

Ed B

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Riverside, Ca. 92506
Member #

I see you are from Portland. Love Stumptown coffee and we can find it locally here in So Cal. My wife surprised me at Christmas with some whole beans from Spella Cafe downtown. Loved their coffee when we were there last year. The Moka pot makes great coffee with both.

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

I see you are from Portland. Love Stumptown coffee and we can find it locally here in So Cal. My wife surprised me at Christmas with some whole beans from Spella Cafe downtown. Loved their coffee when we were there last year. The Moka pot makes great coffee with both.
Stumptown is great, but I can't afford it most days. The company I work for roasts their own, so that's what I usually drink... Portland is a great town for coffee!

cosmoblu

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Olive Branch, MS
Member #

I have always been a fan of perked coffee when camping. It just seems to me that is how it is supposed to taste.
I have worked far too long out of town lately and took the hotel coffee camping with me. My original plan was to open the filter pack and use it that way. My generally slow mind thought just boil the bag and call it coffee. It was just fine and so simple. Moving forward I do not anticipate moving away from my 40 year old percolator, but for fast and simple I may have a new plan.

It is simple and it works. Needless to say I have a good supply of hotel coffee conveniently packed up.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno

The Planetary Designs 48 OZ insulated french press would work. https://planetarydesign.com/product/table-top-french-press-coffee-maker/

I have one, and have used it for camping with big groups.

-M

Reactions: kickkem