Launch Member

Member I

SoCal
First Name
James
Last Name
Dawson
Member #

I too love my coffee. While camping it used to be Starbucks via instant. I have since graduated to using an aeropress and I love it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
What’s the clean up like on the aero press?

derekjhunt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Middletown, CT
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1IRO
I use a JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder and an AeroPress (best coffee maker under 1k) is with a stainless steel filter. Zero power requirements, small footprint, reusable and perfect coffee each time. I use the AeroPress at home and generally prefer it to a french press, the keurig, our espresso machine (which is admittedly cheap). I swear by this setup.

MsBehavin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Adrienne
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

So far I am boiling water either on the camp stove or my preferred method is with the MSR wind burner (1L of water in about 1-2 minutes). I have a Mocha latte powder that's easy and nice. But I am thinking I am going to get a French press...cause hey its overlanding not backpacking. We did backpacking last year..so now having a full camp kitchen again his seems super luxurious to me.

OkieGobi

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawton, Oklahoma, USA
Member #

I was recently given one of these collapsible pour overs..
FlexWare™ Coffee Drip, Orange - UST Brands

I was pleasantly surprised when I finally tried it a couple of weekends ago. Just heated the water with my JetBoil and poured the water slowly. I was super happy with the end result. May be leaving my percolator out of my kitchen box and save some space next trip out.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I was recently given one of these collapsible pour overs..
FlexWare™ Coffee Drip, Orange - UST Brands

I was pleasantly surprised when I finally tried it a couple of weekends ago. Just heated the water with my JetBoil and poured the water slowly. I was super happy with the end result. May be leaving my percolator out of my kitchen box and save some space next trip out.
It looks like my cheapo dollar store pour over is a Chinese knock off of that one. It's identical. I was very pleased with mine as well.

Reactions: OkieGobi

Contributor I

I use a JetBoil, an Aeropress, and a hand grinder from Black Rifle Coffee. I'm extremely disappointed in the grinder and don't recommend it at all, but you can't beat the Aeropress for coffee. The Jetboil is just the fastest, easiest way to boil water at 5am, and it's handy to have around camp lots of other times too.

Reactions: Happy Wanderer

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Starbucks 8 cup steel French Press and a Stanley Classic 2qt Vacuum Bottle. Hot coffee all day long!

dygituljunky

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tucker, GA, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
W
Member #

I bought an AeroPress for Scout trips and the overlanding kit I'm building. I love it so much, I haven't used the Keurig at home more than a couple of time since it arrived a couple of months ago. I also love it so much, I bought a second one yesterday so I have one for home and one to carry back and forth to work.

I grind my beans in a hand-crank burr grinder (We also have two of those, one for light coffee (yum) and one for dark coffee (ew)). I do a double pour-over for my 20oz coffee mug. The first cup according to the basic AeroPress instructions and all the way up to the top pour line, and the second pour over the same but with the wet grounds from the first pour. It comes out mild, hot, and delicious.

JRyan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bixby, OK, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

There's not much better than that first cup of coffee when I'm camping. I almost exclusively go for the Aeropress; it's compact, quick, and REALLY good. Sometimes I'll opt for the Mooka pot for the same reasons. We weigh out our beans before we headout to keep from having to pack a scale, and then pack each serving in separate containers. I use a ceramic conical hand grinder that fits inside my Aeropress plunger, this way I get a fresh ground coffee with a compact bundle
.IMG_3953.JPG IMG_3954.JPG IMG_3955.JPG

Jay61

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg Georgia
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Brimberry
Member #

Jetboil, GSI French Press, and a generic stainless steel hand crank coffee grinder from Amazon, I must have my coffee...so I also have one of those survival water purification bottles just incase I desire coffee but have no water along with a pound or two of beans at all times in my Jeep.

Reactions: Happy Wanderer