Launch Member

Contributor I

Lutz, Florida, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Primm
Member #

For the past couple of years I have been using the AeroPress for solo coffee, or I make cowboy coffee in an ancient 3 qt. enamel coffee pot when there is more than one person drinking coffee. Before I got my Coleman 414 stove, I used a #10 can over a camp fire and stirred it with a stick to make loads of coffee.

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Got a new, partial, set up coming. I ordered a French press for my Jetboil. Funny I'd never really thought about it but I use the JB for basically heating water for oatmeal, grits and coffee water. With the press l can use fresh beans (Driven Targa and LeMans right now) and Blackrifle ground. It'll make it much easier and better coffee.

Reactions: OmanOverland

OmanOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Muscat
First Name
Zain
Last Name
Abdulahad
Member #

I am using the nanopresso from Wacaco and getting my proper espresso also it comes with Nespresso adapter.

Reactions: HeliSniper

WarriorOverland

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Granbury, Texas
First Name
Brody
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

We must start with a great Coffee. My choice is Black Rifle Coffee... CAF or AK.
Cowboy method or pour over seems to be the easiest for me when I’m away from the Casa. I have been know to put a pinch between my cheek and gums while the water is coming to temp.

Anytime of the day or night, it’s alway time for a great cup of mud.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I think I'm going to have to press my Great Grandmother's percolator into service soon but I've stopped using my Stanley French Press in favor of a GSI pour through micro-screen filter that's really been the trick so far.

I've gone to an intermittent fasting diet where I skip breakfast and the only thing I consume from the time I wake up till noon is coffee and water so I'm going to need more coffee around camp to keep up with that.

Reactions: dziner and grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I have been know to put a pinch between my cheek and gums while the water is coming to temp.
nice! i've been dipping coffee for years in addition to my Skoal and recently saw where they are actually selling coffee dip pouches, so yeah...i tried it once with instant coffee...pretty nasty and messy, medium ground works best

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
nice! i've been dipping coffee for years in addition to my Skoal and recently saw where they are actually selling coffee dip pouches, so yeah...i tried it once with instant coffee...pretty nasty and messy
I bought some instant coffee and used it this year on a week long trip in Colorado and that was HORRIBLE. Maybe it was the brand, but it just tasted burnt and nasty.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I bought some instant coffee and used it this year on a week long trip in Colorado and that was HORRIBLE. Maybe it was the brand, but it just tasted burnt and nasty.
yeah. my wife is a coffee junky and ran out on a trip and was having withdrawls so we picked up some Folgers instant in single serving tubes...not great, but it was OK, especially with a flavored creamer added. most instant i've tried was pretty bad, but the Folgers was definitely doable in a time of need

coffee.jpg

Reactions: TerryD

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Percolator + old Svea 123 mountain stove + Highlander Grog from Kaldi's Coffee + my big Yeti tumbler = happy me.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

I don't have the most refined palate when it comes to coffee - typically I do a pour over with a Hario V60 of some sort of light roast, usually taken black, or with a splash of cream if some is available.

On the topic of instant coffee, the Starbucks VIA sachets aren't terrible.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Aero press to make an Americana. Usually bring whole beans from BRCC and grind on site with a GSI outdoors hand grinder. Takes forever but it’s a nice ritual.

Reactions: Retinens803

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

I would say try the Black Rifle Coffee Company brand instant coffee sticks but I tried to place an order recently to replenish after last trip and still sold out, so...please wait until my order has been fulfilled...nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. All you need is a coffee drinking vessel, hot water, and BRCC instant sticks. Dissolves completely, stirring spoon not required (I drink it black) and tastes good imho.