Polytal8

Rank 0

Contributor I

Australia
First Name
Talisien
Last Name
B
The Atomic Coffee Machine has been my go to for years. Excellent stovetop espresso and milk frothier as well. They were designed and made in the sixties and have very appealing curves. The Italian company who made them has relaunched the design so new ones are available after so many years.
A good coffee is everything in the morning :)

B15CEA24-E4E9-440E-9DE1-9892A2F3BDE0.jpeg

Reactions: ChambersFamily

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Hi,

A good coffee is essential for me, so I have different setups while on the road:

And sometimes I even use instant coffee :wink:

Cheers, Bjoern
I use the one in the bottom of your picture. It is the closest thing to an espresso with no expresso machine. I like it, is easy, fast and practical, light, does not take a lot of room.

Reactions: El-Dracho

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

We just recently upgraded to a jetboil and got the french press feature to go with it. I love it because it heats up so fast (about a couple minutes), add coffee grounds, wait a few more minutes and bam, hot delicious camp coffee.

-Courtney

Reactions: 510Steve

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
jetboil and the aeropress to go version, i love that it packs down into one unit for better storage. anyone else using this version?
i dont have the jetboil, but i was at Home Goods a couple months back and they the Aeropress there new for $10 so I got it. Works really well and I actually think their filters do take out some of the bitterness...I'll take it on trips to use with my coleman single burner stove. Its easy to clean and seems pretty rugged

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I've recently switched from the simpler systems over to a percolator. I've had the Stanley French Press mug and it worked ok but was a pain to clean up. I have the GSI (or MSR can't remember) pour thru that works with my GSI cup and does a good job, easy to clean but I'm doing the intermittent fasting right now and only drink coffee from the time I wake up till noon when I eat my first meal usually. With that in mind, the 9 cup percolator and my Stanley thermos gets the through the mornings without a hitch. Plus I have hot coffee for hours without having to get the stove out again.

I'm considering a stainless percolator instead of my Great-grandparents aluminum Comet from who knows when that I'm using currently. It works great but the stainless one I'm looking at has a bail so it could be hung over a fire from my dutch oven tripod, a stick, or even just some 550 cord from a tree limb.

Last edited:
Reactions: nigelsiam

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
Ahh - Coffee!! Maybe we can revive this discussion a little!

After many years, I upgraded my camp -coffee set up last year. Prior to that, I've always used a campfire coffee percolator. Gotta love that super strong, spoonable, mountain fresh coffee! That may come from my time as a wildland firefighter for the forest service though. Seriously, pack horse trips into the Bob Marshall Wilderness in MT during my youth gave me the love for a strong, stout morning coffee while in the mountains (thanks dad!)

I ended up going with the Stanley Adventure All-In-One Boile + Brew French Press. I coupled this with a Javapress manual coffee grinder for the freshest of coffee. I can throw it on a single burner first thing in the morning, grind my beans while the water heats up, dump them in for that old-fashioned percolator strength (minus the grounds) and start getting my coffee intake before the fire is going again or breakfast is started. It makes a pretty strong robust.

What's everybody else using?

Wes1311

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moore, OK, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Bjorklund
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5HRW
I love my AeroPress. Simple, lightweight, inexpensive and doesn't take up much space at all. I have with me on deployment right now and it's been nothing but reliable. Cold brew and hot. I did end up purchasing a couple metal reusable filters(less trash and less to carry around too) and they seem to do really well.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

I love my AeroPress. Simple, lightweight, inexpensive and doesn't take up much space at all. I have with me on deployment right now and it's been nothing but reliable. Cold brew and hot. I did end up purchasing a couple metal reusable filters(less trash and less to carry around too) and they seem to do really well.
Thank you for your service and let us know if you need any care packages....

Reactions: boogiedynamite

Wes1311

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moore, OK, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Bjorklund
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5HRW
Thank you for your service and let us know if you need any care packages....
Thank you! I love the kindness our community has towards eachother here!

510Steve

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leandro, California, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
YSL
Member #

We just recently upgraded to a jetboil and got the french press feature to go with it. I love it because it heats up so fast (about a couple minutes), add coffee grounds, wait a few more minutes and bam, hot delicious camp coffee.

-Courtney
Do you have the newer French press that has the silicone seal around it? I have the older style and mine "leaks" grounds as you press.

510Steve

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leandro, California, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
YSL
Member #

Do you have the newer French press that has the silicone seal around it? I have the older style and mine "leaks" grounds as you press.
Yes the newer one. Just got it so only taken it out once and so far only had a couple grounds in it. Pretty happy with it. -Courtney
That's great news, I just ordered it yesterday along with a few other items from REI so I am looking forward to running it through it's paces.

Reactions: ChambersFamily

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

That's great news, I just ordered it yesterday along with a few other items from REI so I am looking forward to running it through it's paces.
Awesome! Let me know how you like it! I just hope it holds up and continues to not "leak" the grounds haha I'm not really a fan of chewing my morning coffee. :tearsofjoy:

-Courtney

Reactions: HeliSniper

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
I have a grinder (hand crank) and french press stainless steel, this is basically what I use at home as well on a daily basis but the grinder is electric and the french press is glass. I mostly drink black coffee but also way too much Starbucks when I'm driving. But morning camp coffee is amazing and usually consumed black.
I love my hand grinder - fresh ground coffee trailside? What else is there? Sounds like our setups are very similar!