Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arden, Buncombe County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Becker
Member #

I’ve been using a Nespresso machine at home for years.

Just went camping for the first time in a while. Great time, however it was very windy.

Two problems with that: 1) Coleman stove wasn’t really up to the task of boiling water in the strong wind. 2) The wind broke my awning and took out my French press with it [emoji2357].

Finally went off the deep end...

I took the opportunity to purchase an Aeropress, JavaPresse manual grinder, Stainless Steal French Press and gooseneck kettle with built in thermometer. Already have a Mokapot too. Some of this will be for home use only, some for camping. I’m taking a look at the Jetboil next.

Just need some beans.

I’m totally geeking out now!

Angel Rivera

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Spring, Texas, United States
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA
I too am a coffee-holic. Have friends who roast. Have an added spigot in my kitchen since for filtered hot water. I French Press. I pour what I don’t drink into a Stanley to keep it warm. On the road it makes it easy. I have a hand grinder for TT when traveling.

Reactions: dziner

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Anyone try Kicking Horse Grizzly claw coffee? Did the Black Rifle line for a few years, trying to see what else is better out there. Tried a local roaster that got beans from Hondurus, pretty good but nothing outstanding. Was trying to find just a good Organic black coffee in a dark roast. Figure i'll give Kicking Horse a try, seemed to have good reviews.

Aina

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Highland Village, TX, USA
First Name
Aina
Last Name
Fairchild
I have a grinder (hand crank) and french press stainless steel, this is basically what I use at home as well on a daily basis but the grinder is electric and the french press is glass. I mostly drink black coffee but also way too much Starbucks when I'm driving. But morning camp coffee is amazing and usually consumed black.

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

I have a grinder (hand crank) and french press stainless steel, this is basically what I use at home as well on a daily basis but the grinder is electric and the french press is glass. I mostly drink black coffee but also way too much Starbucks when I'm driving. But morning camp coffee is amazing and usually consumed black.
What's your hand crank grinder? I'm looking for a good one.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

I mainly do cowboy coffee. Put ground coffee in water as it starts to boil, let it do its thing as it comes to a rolling boil, then pull it off the fire and let the MAGIC happen for a min. or two. Then the trick is to pour a small amount to COLD water to push the grounds to the bottom and bring the temperature to the perfect non lip burning temperature. tilt to pour. then when all the liquid has been consumed... use the grounds for nice chew for the rest of the day. Just a pinch between the cheek and gums for a all day BUZ... i quit tobacco and long time ago but i just cant get over the lip occupation thing.
Congratulations on quitting tobacco. I've chewed Copenhagen for 35 years and quit cold turkey about 5 years ago. I still crave it everyday but will not allow it to have the power over me, weird how addictive that stuff is. I also like the lip occupation method of coffee. I have also found Grinds Coffee Pouches, I like the Black Coffee and it keeps the grounds out of my teeth. www.getgrinds.com

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

I’ve worked for a coffee company here in the Bay Area for many many years now (back in the 90s I started on the retail end) and I think I’ve tried almost every method invented. I pretty much default to pour over. I like the red ( or black) plastic filter holders; they’re made in Holland, cost about four bucks and sit on your cup as you add hot water. Easy, good and doesn’t take a bunch of space.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

A good coffee is essential for me, so I have different setups while on the road:

And sometimes I even use instant coffee :wink:

Cheers, Bjoern

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
I've wanted to try chemex but just haven't jumped in yet. That being said I used to just boil my coffee water in a pot. I just recently picked up a collapsible silicone kettle with a metal bottom. Looks promising. Can't wait to try it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Where did you get the kettle? :)