US Rocky Mountain Cloverdale Mine Trail with Rainbow Lake & More!

• HTML tutorial

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I was looking forward to this but finding a new home now has the priority. Have fun guys!
That's messed up!

Maybe you should just do this full time!

All kidding aside, we get it. Thanks for the notice.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

3.5 hrs south for us so hoping to be there by 1030a to 1130a will definitely keep yall updated on our eta depending on the specific meet up point for Friday

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@Neal A. Tew I am currently on the fence about whether I will make it Friday night or be getting up at 04:30 Saturday and the meetup by 09:00.

@NoCo4Rnr @Iridium do you guys have an idea where you are camping Friday night?
I was tentatively planning to find something inside the Texas Creek OHV area away from ATV traffic.

We can adjust to 10 if that helps. It shouldn't affect anyone else because it looks like everyone else is coming Friday.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
I was tentatively planning to find something inside the Texas Creek OHV area away from ATV traffic.

We can adjust to 10 if that helps. It shouldn't affect anyone else because it looks like everyone else is coming Friday.
Okay, I can't leave until after work Friday therefore I will let you know by end of Thursday when I plan to be down there.

COTacoStand

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Standley
Please note the Saturday meeting area has changed slightly to the Texas Creek OHV Area's staging lot.
CLICK HERE or see Rally Point.

I'm tentatively planning to camp Friday night inside the Texas Creek OHV area. Once we get on the Cloverdale Mine trail on Saturday we'll be looking for a place to set up camp along the trail for that night.

Everyone that has RSVP'd or otherwise wants to attend, please reply with your status and ETA in this thread even if we've discussed it recently. It helps tremendously to have it all in one place. These responses will help me plan something fun for Friday.
I will be pulling in around 8 pm Friday. Heading down with Charles aka Chuckles.

Cujo7989

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Brockmeier
Member #

Service Branch
USMC(Ret)

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Neal, do you know where us early Friday arriving ones should meet up yet?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Neal, do you know where us early Friday arriving ones should meet up yet?
The first order of business should be finding a good Friday night campsite. I just learned there are some spots right along the creek on Hwy 69 just south of Hwy 50. I plan to start there.

You, @Iridium and I should stay in touch Friday AM with ETAs. It might be that we could meet in Canon City. I know cell service can be problematic along Hwy 50 in those areas like Texas Creek. Otherwise we can meet at the listed coordinates or at a campsite if I get there sooner. Traditional SMS text messages are the most reliable weak signal cell communications. 719.248.0936 for me.

Once we get a site we'll push the info out to the others.

Does that help?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeroscout and Zappe

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

The first order of business should be finding a good Friday night campsite. I just learned there are some spots right along the creek on Hwy 69 just south of Hwy 50. I plan to start there.

You, Iridium and I should stay in touch Friday AM with ETAs. It might be that we could meet in Canon City. I know cell service can be problematic along Hwy 50 in those areas like Texas Creek. Otherwise we can meet at the listed coordinates or at a campsite if I get there sooner. Traditional SMS text messages are the most reliable weak signal cell communications. 719.248.0936 for me.

Once we get a site we'll push the info out to the others.

Does that help?
That sounds good. I wanted to find out if you already knew where we were headed. We can definitely meet in Canon City and find a spot from there if you want. I’ll be in touch Friday morning with my ETA.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Canon city as a starting point sounds like a good idea. I'll keep in touch with our eta in the morning as well. As we get closer I'll be monitoring gmrs 15 not that it will help that much. I really need to get ham.