Chicagoland/Illinois

• HTML tutorial

Tbell18

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dubuque, Iowa
Member #

Hey everyone member from Dubuque,Ia here. My girlfriend is from Cary so im in the chicago area somewhat often. I plan on trying out River Road Rally Park when im over there. I drive an 09 Tacoma that im building up with out sacrificing towing. The 4runner in the picture is my dads.IMG_5642.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Rover7284

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
It seems like these posts are several months old but worth a try. Looking for members in the Chicagoland area to get out and explore.

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Hey everyone member from Dubuque,Ia here. My girlfriend is from Cary so im in the chicago area somewhat often. I plan on trying out River Road Rally Park when im over there. I drive an 09 Tacoma that im building up with out sacrificing towing. The 4runner in the picture is my dads.View attachment 39133
Howdy @Tbell18, welcome to OB. We're glad to include you in the Chicagoland group, several of us have recently started scheduling meetups. Some did the Trans Wis Adventure Trail a couple weeks ago and some were out at Badlands Off-road Park this weekend. Keep watching this forum and the Rally Points for future meetups and trail rides.

WellFuch

Rank III

Influencer II

Hey guys, I'm looking to upsize to some 31's, anybody trying to ditch some takeoffs? Also looking for a pair of front xj fenders and recovery points. Let me help make space in your garage! Didn't know if this is cool to post here, trying to keep my parts hunting as local as possible.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Burning Man

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bolingbrook, IL
Member #

You’re all good, We’re all here looking to help each other out so I don’t mind. Hopefully someone has what you’re looking for! [emoji106]

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hey guys, I'm looking to upsize to some 31's, anybody trying to ditch some takeoffs? Also looking for a pair of front xj fenders and recovery points. Let me help make space in your garage! Didn't know if this is cool to post here, trying to keep my parts hunting as local as possible.

I've had good luck on Craig's. Found a new set of 35s with rims for $500.

Sent from my SM-N920T using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: WellFuch

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Really? I've been having a hard time finding a full set, maybe just bad timing

I did hit it at just the right time. The guy had only put them up a few minutes before and we agreed to meet the next day. It's luck and perseverance at the same time. I'll keep my eyes open for you...are you looking for tires or tires and wheels? What's your budget? If you're more comfortable you can PM me.

WellFuch

Rank III

Influencer II

I did hit it at just the right time. The guy had only put them up a few minutes before and we agreed to meet the next day. It's luck and perseverance at the same time. I'll keep my eyes open for you...are you looking for tires or tires and wheels? What's your budget? If you're more comfortable you can PM me.
Trying to keep it as cheap as possible for some AT's, I'm not super picky but it's my DD as well. Also pretty flexible on size, but need 15's. The wheels I'm running have good backspacing so I'd like to keep them. Just trying to upsize from my 235/75r15s since I cut away my fenders a good bit. Any wheeling I'll do is pretty light for now so simple will do. Thanks for the help!

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

A few of the Chicagoland Travel Group members got together at River Road Rally Park in McHenry, IL today. Lots of fun, hills and mud.

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Hey guys, this Sunday is the Chicago 4x4 Toys for Tots, will I be meeting anybody there? And if any of y'all are interested, here's the link for the CJP event on facebook

Howdy Wanderfuchs,
tried the link above for the event, but says it's no longer available and doesn't seem there's anything on Facebook about it since 2015. Do you have any other information?

Contributor II

Hi all here another Illinois "overlander" located in Des Plaines. I see this group has been a bit quiet since 2017. Driving a 1993 Wrangler and have a 2006 Xterra that has seen some great trips as well. Even though OB is here ,I started a group on Facebook dedicated to Illinois riders as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IllinoisOverland/
Couple of people in the group have planned the Trans Wisconsin Trail for Memorial day weekend :) Hope to meet some of you!

WellFuch

Rank III

Influencer II

Hi all here another Illinois "overlander" located in Des Plaines. I see this group has been a bit quiet since 2017. Driving a 1993 Wrangler and have a 2006 Xterra that has seen some great trips as well. Even though OB is here ,I started a group on Facebook dedicated to Illinois riders as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IllinoisOverland/
Couple of people in the group have planned the Trans Wisconsin Trail for Memorial day weekend :) Hope to meet some of you!
I believe I am part of Illinois Overland on fb already! Welcome to the forum! May just have to see if we can swing that one, have wanted to do the TWAT since moving here to Chicago

Contributor II

I believe I am part of Illinois Overland on fb already! Welcome to the forum! May just have to see if we can swing that one, have wanted to do the TWAT since moving here to Chicago

Fancy meeting you here! So far there is two vehicles going. On the Wrangler message board was another person who seemed to be interested. The one thing I need to figure out how many miles a day to do because its a good 600 miles one way. I will keep posting on the FB group as well!