Chicagoland/Illinois

• HTML tutorial

Bronco&YJ7

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

chicago
Hello Everyone in Chicagoland Midwest Overland Bound,
Getting the word out that a meetup has been scheduled for Saturday October 7th at the Bass Pro Shop in Bolingbrook. It's next to the Promenade shopping center off the exit of Boughton Road and I-355. Meetup is scheduled from 1000-1200 or however long we decide to stay. An invite was sent out using the Rally Point feature on this web site, but it only allows up to 50 members in the invitation based on the member map. All are welcome, so trying to get the word out to everyone as there seems to be more than 50 of us in the area. It's also listed in the Meetups Forum.
It will be an informal event to get to know other members in the area and possibly plan a regular meetup schedule. Other topics of interest are trails and OHV options within a reasonable distance, planned trips like the TransWisAT, vehicle build features, communication preferences, dual battery systems, etc. If any members in attendance are able to speak to some of this that would be great.
Hope to see you there!
I just joined up and missed this, is a spring meet up in the works ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Bronco&YJ7

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

chicago
Hello Everyone in Chicagoland Midwest Overland Bound,
Getting the word out that a meetup has been scheduled for Saturday October 7th at the Bass Pro Shop in Bolingbrook. It's next to the Promenade shopping center off the exit of Boughton Road and I-355. Meetup is scheduled from 1000-1200 or however long we decide to stay. An invite was sent out using the Rally Point feature on this web site, but it only allows up to 50 members in the invitation based on the member map. All are welcome, so trying to get the word out to everyone as there seems to be more than 50 of us in the area. It's also listed in the Meetups Forum.
It will be an informal event to get to know other members in the area and possibly plan a regular meetup schedule. Other topics of interest are trails and OHV options within a reasonable distance, planned trips like the TransWisAT, vehicle build features, communication preferences, dual battery systems, etc. If any members in attendance are able to speak to some of this that would be great.
Hope to see you there!
Hello , i just joined and missed this one are there plans for another maybe spring meet up..

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Contributor II

Hello all I would like to go on the Twat run as well.
Planning for Memorial day weekend. Keep an eye out on my FB group. Most postings will be communicated through there. Feel free to send me a PM for more details. Anyone else interested in hitting some trails in Michigan this summer? Got them all mapped out here:
Michigan Requires ORV vehicle sticker http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79148---,00.html

Looking forward meeting some of you. Heading to the Badlands off road park this Saturday if any one else would like to join. It is the easter egg hunt!

N8roro

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm from Evanston and an off-road newb. Just joined the midwest Facebook group.

How many days to run the Wisconsin trail?

Have you guys run it before?

I can't wait for the warmer weather!

Contributor II

My guess he's referring to TWAT. I wanted to go during memorial day weekend. The more I learned about it the more I realised it would have been to short. Most recommend 4 to 5 days to really able to enjoy the trail. Lots to do and see around it!

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

My guess he's referring to TWAT. I wanted to go during memorial day weekend. The more I learned about it the more I realised it would have been to short. Most recommend 4 to 5 days to really able to enjoy the trail. Lots to do and see around it!
The Trans Wisconsin Trail can be done in three days but that doesn't include the time getting to the start and driving home after the end. If time is short, I would suggest you start the trail at Black River Falls and go north. That's the most scenic and fun part of the route anyways.

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Merri and I are planning to be at the River Road Rally Park in McHenry Illinois for a little light wheeling on May 5th if anyone would like to join us.

Cobra5.4

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mount Morris, IL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9MHN
Did the TWAT last year starting from Galena and did in three days. Camped each night then a day to drive highway back to the Rockford area.

Had two vehicles in our group and wish we at least gave ourselves four days to be able to see and do more and not be so rushed. To get the miles done our in camp times were getting on the latter side. Maybe we could have moved on some of the back trails faster but was so scenic.

Did find a section of trail would not do again as it was real tight and some fairly good scratches on the sides were taken home from it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Merri and I are planning to be at the River Road Rally Park in McHenry Illinois for a little light wheeling on May 5th if anyone would like to join us.
Hey Mark and Merri, good to hear from you. Met you last time we were at RRR Park. May 5th looks good for me, will plan on being there.

Reactions: Wanderlost