Chevy Silverado

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Am I the only guy on here with a Silverado? I hope not because I need some help finding parts. IE. Larger fuel tank, info on lifts?? Any advice would be awesome! Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
Sometimes I miss my chevy

Fuel tank....https://titanfueltanks.com/product-category/mid-ship-fuel-tanks/?filtering=1&filter_truckyear=6481&filter_make=6660

uploadfromtaptalk1464530629530.png

As for suspension.... you see what I had to do.

uploadfromtaptalk1464530644990.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1464530657787.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1464530688312.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1464530722882.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Traveler I

Attachments

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
I have my DD 2002 2500hd that I hope to build into something more offroad capable and at least a more fun camping rig. I know a long box isn't the greatest idea but I figure more cargo space. Look forward to seeing what other guys do with their "Silverlanders" [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Im trying to decide between a frontrunner slimline / Active Cargo System / or Thule Xsporter for the silverado truck bed. The slimline is really clean looking and has a huge system of attachments for it and would hold the tent flush with the cab for better mpg, the ACS has a lot of attachments and maintains a lot of space in the truck bed, and then the Xsporters raise and lower but dont have a lot of room for attachments?!

Anyone have an insight? I think im leaning towards the slimline...

Bojak4909

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Atlanta
So new member here. Don't have my number yet. I'm in Atlanta area. Spend some time on other expo forums but just recently found this community. My newest and future expo rig is a 2006 gmc 2500hd ccsb. It has the duramax and Allison and it's in unbelievable condition. 68k miles! My build up for this rig will be pretty mild. Lots of high end maintenance and prevention / corrections. ( i.e. transfer case rub fixed, deep trans pan, replace steering shaft, all amsoil fluids). As far as modifications go it will be mild. Plan is 4" Rancho kit (already purchased) that I will ditch the shocks for bilstein. New 17 wheels because the factories just aren't wide enough, with a set 285/75/17 tires. A camper shell, a decked bed system or home built and then GO adventure. I've done a couple of builds and those have taught me what I really want and need out of my rig. I will include some pics of those as well. You will notice I have a 4 door GM problem.
20170922_160845.jpg20150415_080354.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Im trying to decide between a frontrunner slimline / Active Cargo System / or Thule Xsporter for the silverado truck bed. The slimline is really clean looking and has a huge system of attachments for it and would hold the tent flush with the cab for better mpg, the ACS has a lot of attachments and maintains a lot of space in the truck bed, and then the Xsporters raise and lower but dont have a lot of room for attachments?!

Anyone have an insight? I think im leaning towards the slimline...
Another Silverado here! I have been running the Slimline for a couple years now. I haven't used it extensively, but it has worked great for what I wanted. It has great attachment options, and it is low profile which was pretty much my top priority. The guys over at Frontrunner are great to work with as well. Had some problems due to poor planning on my part, and they went above and beyond to make sure I got set up with what I needed.

Reactions: Jimmy P

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Another Silverado here! I have been running the Slimline for a couple years now. I haven't used it extensively, but it has worked great for what I wanted. It has great attachment options, and it is low profile which was pretty much my top priority. The guys over at Frontrunner are great to work with as well. Had some problems due to poor planning on my part, and they went above and beyond to make sure I got set up with what I needed.

sweet set up. I think i am eventually going to mount the slimline by itself just above the truck bed rails.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Bringing this thread a little love.....................

4800 Bilstein's.......stopped the OEM shocks pogo jumping on washboard
Rear hitch recovery stinger....getting out the way I came in :grinning:
ARB winch bumper w/ shackle points/OEM hooks
17.5 K Smittybilt winch gen2
G-80 rear locker
KO2 allterrains, now Toyo AT II E rated 285x75x16 upgrade, OEM=245x75x16
Hella 500 Amber aux lights
COMMS:
CBRS/GMRS/HAM
OBLogo-Gold_Outlined_100x.png
Somehow lost/misplaced some off-road pic's of the truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Bringing this thread a little love.....................

4800 Bilstein's.......stopped the OEM shocks pogo jumping on washboard
Rear hitch recovery stinger....getting out the way I came in :grinning:
ARB winch bumper w/ shackle points/OEM hooks
17.5 K Smittybilt winch gen2
G-80 rear locker
KO2 allterrains, now Toyo AT II E rated 285x75x16 upgrade, OEM=245x75x16
Hella 500 Amber aux lights
COMMS:
CBRS/GMRS/HAM
View attachment 130412
Somehow lost/misplaced some off-road pic's of the truck.
This thread does need some love, I commented back in 2017 when I was stock and just thinking about getting a slimline rack... king of snowballed since then...
chevy-5.jpgJtree v2-17 copy.jpg