Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ultra last minute on this one... got space for one more rig to join Friday night or Saturday?

Last edited:

Mike B.

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Barnes
Member #

All except @Mike B. he had RSVP'd to the Rally Point last week but I haven't heard anything back from him since. If I don't hear anything tonight I'm going to assume he's not coming.

I know I have a meeting tomorrow morning at 8:30 and then a few other things to get done but I might try to come in early to knock them out so I can get out of here on time. Probably still won't get up there before 4-5, but if by some miracle I can leave the farm before noon I'll send Mike D. a text letting you guys know my E.T.A.

Anyone else getting excited for a weekend in the Mountains? I know I'm ready to get out of here, especially for tomorrow when it's supposed to be 110 degrees in the TC.
Sorry, folks. I broke my thumb a few days ago, and had to have surgery. I won't be able to attend. I was really looking forward to this trip, and meeting you.

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Sorry, folks. I broke my thumb a few days ago, and had to have surgery. I won't be able to attend. I was really looking forward to this trip, and meeting you

Ouch! Well me and the lady and dog might take your spot if we can make contact... gonna see if we can find them tonight or Saturday morning for a quick hangout

ShooterG

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bremerton, WA, USA
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Green
Member #

Oh I forgot to mention the huge, and I do mean huge black bear I saw cross the trail in front of me just 100 meters from our camp...I hope I dont hear about any issues with it later!! Next time, answer the radio!!! Lmao...I think I left skid Mark's in my underpants....he was literally 10 feet in front of the jeep as he crossed at a dead sprint

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Oh I forgot to mention the huge, and I do mean huge black bear I saw cross the trail in front of me just 100 meters from our camp...I hope I dont hear about any issues with it later!! Next time, answer the radio!!! Lmao...I think I left skid Mark's in my underpants....he was literally 10 feet in front of the jeep as he crossed at a dead sprint
Wow! That would have been pretty awesome to see, good thing it never made it into camp over the weekend. Sounds like we just missed you when we got back to camp.

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Wow! That would have been pretty awesome to see, good thing it never made it into camp over the weekend. Sounds like we just missed you when we got back to camp.
....maybe I'm happy I didn't go.... I don't like bears!!! Hahaha

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I think there might be something going on with his account though because it says he was last seen on July 1.... @M Rose, when you have a chance is there anyone you can contact about this?
I’ll get on it... @ShooterG send @Jim SoG a DM with exact details.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Trip Recap

To everyone that made it, thank you. We had a great time out on the trails and in camp, for those of you who couldn't make it, maybe next time.

Most of us arrived to camp Thursday with @ShooterG having some unexpected work things come up and not getting there until Friday evening. Friday around noon we rolled out for our short day of trails with @PNW EXPLR hanging back at camp to relax and do a little fishing while waiting for @ShooterG to arrive. @jcgraves3, @M Rose and myself headed out for Ravens Roost via NF 1906 in the little Naches area. Great views from the top and then returned back to the highway on NF 1902, it was a nice little run with nothing challenging but very scenic. Next went down to Whistling Jack's Lodge to grab some fuel, from there @M Rose headed back to camp, @jcgraves3 and myself wanted some more adventure so we decided to head up to Little Bald Mtn. We turned off of HWY 410 onto Old River road at Boulder Cave to access NF 1706 which we followed to NF 1600 and then up to the top for some more views of Mt. Rainier and the Cascades. We still had a couple hours of daylight left so we took the long way out winding our way through some tight over grown trails and a short section with a loose rocky hill climb. We got back to the HWY where Old River road come out near NF 19/Little Naches road.

Lost hikers!! From where we got back onto the Hwy to camp was a good 30-40 minutes with maybe 5 miles being slower trail like road. On our way into camp a car was coming out and flagged us down. He told us about 2 of his buddies (group of 5 total) that had gotten lost that day while hiking a trail near our camp. He was going out to make phone calls and asked us to keep an eye out for any backpackers to let them know he was coming back. While he was going to make call he had left 2 others back on the trail to look for the 2 lost guys. While we were stopped talking to the hiker @ShooterG by chance caught up to us on the road and followed us the rest of the way into camp. Right as we got to the turn that dropped into camp we saw 4 backpackers sitting on a log, after chatting with them a bit it was guys that were missing. The two that had stayed back to look found the other two that were lost. Now they just had to wait around for there buddy that went to make the phone calls to come back. Since he was in a car and it took him about an hour to get to where we were from the pavement they asked if I would give them a ride back out to wait for their friend, which I did.

At this point it was after 8, @ShooterG was just setting up camp so the we hung out around the fire for a while before getting some rest for Saturday which was planned to be a longer run.

Saturday morning @KRose wasn't feeling well so her and @M Rose decided to hang back at camp while the rest of us hit the trails. We left camp and headed for NF 1500/ Bethel Ridge Rd. We took that up to NF 190 and out to Timber Wolf mtn. After coming back down 190 to 1500 we continued onto NF 199 that we took out to Cash Prairie where we stopped for some lunch and to stretch our legs a bit. After lunch we headed for NF 324 that we followed up onto Bethel Ridge and then took 4W325A along the ridge and through the trees, it was pretty fun watching @PNW EXPLR and his big Ram 2500 make his way through some of the tight and rutted sections (not sure if he thought the tight stuff was a cool as I did). Once out of the trees we turned onto BLM green Dot road called Grouse Heaven rd which we followed back out to the town of Nile, then onto HWY 410 and back to camp. This run ended up being around 120 mile and about 8 hours with all the picture stops.

Sunday morning @jcgraves3 and myself wanted to do another run before leaving so we headed over to NF 1808 to try the trail that takes off from Copper City. It looked like it should have been a more challenging trail but we only made it maybe 3/4 mile up it before we met a Jeep coming down that said it was blocked by a big tree and he had to back down over 1/2 a mile. Since he claimed the tree was about 4' and I only have an 18" bar on my saw we decided to turn back while we had the chance. With that trail being a bust and us already being aired down we headed for NF 1809, Granite Lake and Miners ridge....Good Call! I had tried a couple of time this summer to make it to Miners Ridge but it had still been blocked with snow, I feel like we cheated everyone else on this trip because this spot probably had the best views of anywhere we had been that weekend. And the camp at Granite Lake is pretty awesome as well.

Again, thanks to everyone that made it up it was a fun weekend and we should probably start planning the next one. I know we talked about a drop box for pictures, but everyone should throw up a couple of their favorites here as well.

20200801_153552.jpg20200801_160227.jpg20200802_112100.jpg20200802_114014.jpg20200802_113835.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks @MrWilsonWJ for setting up this awesome trip. I can’t wait to do another one with all of you guys. @KRose had a blast, and is also looking forward to her next trail run... In Fact, shortly after we woke up, her best friend called us up and asked if we wanted to go explore some of the old Mines of Eastern Oregon today. So we are doing a quick resupply and heading out to The Eastern Desert.

Reactions: reaver

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Thanks @MrWilsonWJ for setting up this awesome trip. I can’t wait to do another one with all of you guys. @KRose had a blast, and is also looking forward to her next trail run... In Fact, shortly after we woke up, her best friend called us up and asked if we wanted to go explore some of the old Mines of Eastern Oregon today. So we are doing a quick resupply and heading out to The Eastern Desert.
Awesome, have fun out there! I'm stuck at work and it will probably be a few weeks before I can get out again, but I might have to make a day trip up to the Blues on of these Sundays.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Awesome, have fun out there! I'm stuck at work and it will probably be a few weeks before I can get out again, but I might have to make a day trip up to the Blues on of these Sundays.
Sundays are usually my boating/fishing days... but if I know Saturday night I can always change my plans.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Sorry, folks. I broke my thumb a few days ago, and had to have surgery. I won't be able to attend. I was really looking forward to this trip, and meeting you.
That sucks about the thumb, hopefully you get all healed up and back out before too long. keep an eye out for more trips, I'm sure there will be some more popping up in the area. Also watching the Tri Cities club house thread, with things starting to open up more we might be able to get a local meetup together in the next couple months.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Dang, sorry I missed this trip. sounds like fun. (except for the rainier beer. LOL)

Dustin, I am up for a day trip this coming Sunday (Aug 9th) if you are going.

Reactions: MrWilsonWJ

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Dang, sorry I missed this trip. sounds like fun. (except for the rainier beer. LOL)

Dustin, I am up for a day trip this coming Sunday (Aug 9th) if you are going.
Come on Lou, you know I drink better beer then that! Actually I found the can in the bushes up there and thought the picture would be funny. Let me see what we got going this weekend and I'll let you know.

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
To all,

We had a fantastic time last weekend. Dustin and Shelly, thank you for leading us to all the wonderful views and setting this event up. Larry, I could not wait to see your Gladiator and Turtleback trailer, very cool rig. Let me know how Moab goes? Mike D., driving the well equipped 'Brutus' and winner of the fish competition, I left with a note to buy a $9 dollar survival whistle when I get home :). Mr. Rose and Kallie, thank you for sharing your daughter Kat with a ride along, and for taking the time to talk OB with me.

Cheers to all!!!

John and Chris Graves

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Just wanted to check in. I am back in Kennewick as of about 4pm.
Headed up to Granite Lake after we all left camp. Had the lake to myself....
8AEB4BD0-0E6F-432E-B5DB-CD9C74ED1CC7.jpeg
woke up early this morning and got packed up to head up to Miners Ridge. The Mountain never showed herself, and the bugs were pretty bed but it was well worth the trip to the top.

Last edited: