Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My cooler is out for delivery. I will be heading up with Mike D tomorrow, the plan is to leave La Grande at 8:00 am and get to Kennewick by 10:00. Then fallow Mike up to the camp spot.

Reactions: reaver

ShooterG

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bremerton, WA, USA
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Green
Member #

Yes still planning on attending. I'm in Bremerton and plan on leaving tomorrow am arriving around 1 or so.

ShooterG

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bremerton, WA, USA
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Green
Member #

You mentioned horse camp? Looking at the coordinates it's like at fish trailhead near bumping lake...just wanna make sure I'm heading to the right place

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

You mentioned horse camp? Looking at the coordinates it's like at fish trailhead near bumping lake...just wanna make sure I'm heading to the right place
Yes, its Fish Lake way Trailhead but there is a horse camp right there at the trail head. A couple pages back I posted some directions on how to get there from HWY 410

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

All except @Mike B. he had RSVP'd to the Rally Point last week but I haven't heard anything back from him since. If I don't hear anything tonight I'm going to assume he's not coming.

I know I have a meeting tomorrow morning at 8:30 and then a few other things to get done but I might try to come in early to knock them out so I can get out of here on time. Probably still won't get up there before 4-5, but if by some miracle I can leave the farm before noon I'll send Mike D. a text letting you guys know my E.T.A.

Anyone else getting excited for a weekend in the Mountains? I know I'm ready to get out of here, especially for tomorrow when it's supposed to be 110 degrees in the TC.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
All except @Mike B. he had RSVP'd to the Rally Point last week but I haven't heard anything back from him since. If I don't hear anything tonight I'm going to assume he's not coming.

I know I have a meeting tomorrow morning at 8:30 and then a few other things to get done but I might try to come in early to knock them out so I can get out of here on time. Probably still won't get up there before 4-5, but if by some miracle I can leave the farm before noon I'll send Mike D. a text letting you guys know my E.T.A.

Anyone else getting excited for a weekend in the Mountains? I know I'm ready to get out of here, especially for tomorrow when it's supposed to be 110 degrees in the TC.
Very excited here... almost all packed up.

ShooterG

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bremerton, WA, USA
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Green
Member #

Well, as I was set to depart this am. I recieved a call from my office. I had a couple of employees call out. So I will have to delay my departure several hours and maybe even cancel. I wont know more until I do 'damage control ". I will advise more in a few hours.☹

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

So are we allowed to use Charcoal inside a BBQ? I’m confused... lol...
As I read it, you can as long as we are in a campground. But you wouldn't be able to if we are in a site considered dispersed camping. Same with fire, yes in a campground, no in dispersed unless there is a metal ring there. More of a reason to get into the horse camp up there instead of some of the other spots. The area to the left when you get to the outhouse doesn't have metal rings, but it is a maintained campground. To the right of the outhouse the area is gravel and has fire rings, personally I like the area to the left better as it's a little more closed in and away from the road.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
As I read it, you can as long as we are in a campground. But you wouldn't be able to if we are in a site considered dispersed camping. Same with fire, yes in a campground, no in dispersed unless there is a metal ring there. More of a reason to get into the horse camp up there instead of some of the other spots. The area to the left when you get to the outhouse doesn't have metal rings, but it is a maintained campground. To the right of the outhouse the area is gravel and has fire rings, personally I like the area to the left better as it's a little more closed in and away from the road.
Is there a fee to camp at the horseshoe? Not that I care, but I don’t Cary cash unless I need to

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Is there a fee to camp at the horseshoe? Not that I care, but I don’t Cary cash unless I need to
Good question! When I was up there this spring it was early enough that all of the signs, posts and things around were still wrapped in plastic and duct tape from winter so I'm not sure if there was a pay box or not. We all should probably bring a little cash just in case, they are usually $5-10 per night.

ShooterG

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bremerton, WA, USA
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Green
Member #

All, I have to delay my departure. I had employees call out today and have to deal with the staff shortage. Hoping to get there around 4pm.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Sounds like this thread isn't updating with posts for @ShooterG. Not sure how far back he can see, but I don't think he is getting the replies since his post this morning #93. He DM'd me restating what he said in his posts and that he plans to be there 4-5 this evening. He"ll send a message out when he knows more.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Sounds like this thread isn't updating with posts for @ShooterG. Not sure how far back he can see, but I don't think he is getting the replies since his post this morning #93. He DM'd me restating what he said in his posts and that he plans to be there 4-5 this evening. He"ll send a message out when he knows more.
I think there might be something going on with his account though because it says he was last seen on July 1.... @M Rose, when you have a chance is there anyone you can contact about this?