First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael

A little confusion here - After last nights "Live" talk I went to go to the latest published video to get the latest version. Currently, I am showing both 8.0.0.2020051821 which I believe matches with the post of this tread. Is this the current version I should be on? I ask because I remember the discussion from the March 29th "Support Alert" zoom meeting where I though we were trying to get reps & directors on the latest version testing features. Maybe I should ask in the 0.9.0 Release forum.

Also, to clear up some confusion - when you do the "live" chats - it pops me up as ManOfStyleOH (O-HI-O) in the chat as it's tied to my instagram. Anyhow, the only constant is OB0539.

Just making sure I'm "current" - please advise!

James
Hi James!

1821 is the latest iOS update. Check.
When you say, "live" chats are you referring to the chat icon in the slide out menu? If so, this icon is currently set to whatever your OS uses for SMS. For me it is iOS Messaging.

M

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Provide report type: Bug or Device Glitch
Provide platform: Android...S8 is Ver 9.0....Tab A6 is Ver 8.1.0
Provide Device Info: Samsung Galaxy S8 Cell Phone & Samsung Galaxy Tab A 6 10.1 inch
Reproduction steps: I am running the app on both devices, on the S8 the settings feature on the menu is present but unavailable to select...whereas on the Tablet it is working...so I am able select either Light or Dark mode for example!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Provide report type: Bug or Device Glitch
Provide platform: Android...S8 is Ver 9.0....Tab A6 is Ver 8.1.0
Provide Device Info: Samsung Galaxy S8 Cell Phone & Samsung Galaxy Tab A 6 10.1 inch
Reproduction steps: I am running the app on both devices, on the S8 the settings feature on the menu is present but unavailable to select...whereas on the Tablet it is working...so I am able select either Light or Dark mode for example!
Copy! Thank you! I will report this.

M

Reactions: Aussie571

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
Hi James!

1821 is the latest iOS update. Check.
When you say, "live" chats are you referring to the chat icon in the slide out menu? If so, this icon is currently set to whatever your OS uses for SMS. For me it is iOS Messaging.

M
Michael,

Thanks for letting me know I am on the current version. I should have clarified better -the daily youtube live events. I get notice through Instagram so it tags my insta name.

J

Reactions: Michael

chshrkt

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Burbank, San Jose, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Provide report type: Bug(?)
Provide platform: Android 10
Provide Device Info: Samsung S10e
Reproduction steps: Uninstalled side-loaded app, and downloaded app from Google Play Store (8.0.0.2020051816) from link in "3 Day Adventure Challenge" video.
On the log in screen, unable to paste password from password manager (LastPass).
The paste option does not show when long pressing the Password line.

Reactions: Mrunal21

GITINOVRLND EXPLRR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clever, MO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Runner
Member #

Improvement:
iOS 13.4.1
iPhone 8
When going back to a previous page in a thread you are taken to the bottom of the page. If you scroll to the top of the window too fast you can do a pull to refresh and be taken back to the last page of the thread.

Operational question:
Should I be open a thread from the app home page or list of notifications?
I am unable to open most them.

Comment:
This is awesome Michael. Yourself, Corrie, and the team have great ideas. It will only get better.
If I had this many testers working for me I would certainly be ecstatic.

Request:
The screen, when entering the app, showing the Overland Bound logos with my member number is awesome. I had to time it correctly to get a screenshot to make it my phone’s background. Is there an easier way to get this to display?

Attachments

Last edited:

DWL

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

North Carolina
First Name
Don
Last Name
Lincoln
Member #

I understand that the app is still in development but it would be great if you could get it to work with password management programs like Keeper, Dashlane, etc. I also wasn't able to paste my password into the password field. These features would be handy for those of us with complicated passwords.

Google Pixel 3
Android 10
App version 8.0.0.2020042504
I’m sure this has to do with the os but from my iPhone I am able to use Dashlane to login.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Tapping on the entries under My Community does nothing. I am under the impression that it should take me to the threads listed.

Google Pixel 3
Android 10
App version: 8.0.0.2020051816

RusD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Choctaw, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
D
Member #

First off, the app is looking amazing! Truly impressed with what the team has put together so far and looking forward to future releases.

Platform: Samsung Galaxy, Android, updated to 1816

Bug: does not save updates to profile

Feature/Improvement:
1) would be nice to jump to a comment/thread by clicking on posts under My Community on the home page
2) ability to search topics/in topics

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Improvement:
iOS 13.4.1
iPhone 8
When going back to a previous page in a thread you are taken to the bottom of the page. If you scroll to the top of the window too fast you can do a pull to refresh and be taken back to the last page of the thread.

Operational question:
Should I be open a thread from the app home page or list of notifications?
I am unable to open most them.

Comment:
This is awesome Michael. Yourself, Corrie, and the team have great ideas. It will only get better.
If I had this many testers working for me I would certainly be ecstatic.

Request:
The screen, when entering the app, showing the Overland Bound logos with my member number is awesome. I had to time it correctly to get a screenshot to make it my phone’s background. Is there an easier way to get this to display?
Hi Ben!

Thank you for reporting and for the improvements! We KNOW that -> going back to thread should take you to previous post you were viewing <- issue - thats a biggie!

Regarding the Splash screen with your number - haha - it is fast! We had a discussion about this an one general principle we have is that the app should NEVER get in the users way unnecessarily - in some situations, that screen will show longer (trying to connect etc) but if its fast we wont artificially slow it down.

Thanks for the response!

Reactions: GITINOVRLND EXPLRR

SOLVEFUNCTION

Rank V

Steward II

San Mateo, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Lim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ETO
Version 1821 android

Notifications are not linked to posts.

When I click a notification, nothing happens.

Thanks

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

I've noticed that if I log in to OB1 on my tablet that I am automatically logged out of OB1 on my phone and vice versa. My passwords are a PITA so it would be nice if we could remain logged in on all mobile devices.

Virginia Overlander

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Charles City, VA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRCJ633
@Michael new update fixed bug app crash when hit update profile.. thanks however when i make changes to profile, added first name and changed photo it did not save. Does it take a while to update or is something wrong. App on galaxy note 10

bulfo4

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Szymanski
Member #

Hi, we really want to start using the app, but it says Member Upgrade on our status. We paid for a membership and I think everything for our account is linked / activated whatever, but it still says Member Upgrade. Can someone tell me what we need to do to make it work right?

Thanks!
Tom

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Hi, we really want to start using the app, but it says Member Upgrade on our status. We paid for a membership and I think everything for our account is linked / activated whatever, but it still says Member Upgrade. Can someone tell me what we need to do to make it work right?

Thanks!
Tom
Everybody's app says Member Upgrade. As long as you have full access to the website then you can safely ignore it.

Reactions: bulfo4
Status
Not open for further replies.