Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redding, California
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

Most of the features are not turned on for anyone yet. If you have the forums and the meeting map thing, that's it for now.

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Most of the features are not turned on for anyone yet. If you have the forums and the meeting map thing, that's it for now.
I'm on Beta 8.0.0.2020051821 and I do not have the meeting map, only the forums. This is on an iPhone. Did I miss an update?

educky

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bonney Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Morehead
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7RTO
Don't think so, both of my Android devices is the same. There was some mention on the HAM meetup that there may be some that have a "Soft Opening" of the app to try out the new features. I do not have the Map or anything, just forums really.

I'm on Beta 8.0.0.2020051821 and I do not have the meeting map, only the forums. This is on an iPhone. Did I miss an update?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, Thank you so much for your early testing of this app. Your contributions and feedback have been very helpful!

FOR THIS GROUP ONLY - TOP SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT: This is the ONLY place I am announcing this: 1.0 of the app will be available to this group before anyone else. We are submitting to the app stores tonight or tomorrow. Watch for it. The name of the app is Overland Bound One, or OB1 for short. We will begin announcing the 1.0 version to everyone else next week.

I will provide more information soon!

M

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey all, the first Overland Bound One 1.0 Release Candidate has been submitted to the iOS and Android stores. For those with TestFlight for iOS, you should have received a notification.

-M
Great job @Michael , I am currently replying from the OB1 App. so far it seams to be working great on my iPhone XR. The only complaint I have is I still can’t find the forum threads for RPs when going to RP it gives me the details but the conversations that go with it I can’t see.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, the first Overland Bound One 1.0 Release Candidate has been submitted to the iOS and Android stores. For those with TestFlight for iOS, you should have received a notification.

-M
Great job @Michael , I am currently replying from the OB1 App. so far it seams to be working great on my iPhone XR. The only complaint I have is I still can’t find the forum threads for RPs when going to RP it gives me the details but the conversations that go with it I can’t see.
Thank you! Very good point and on the near-term list. We’ll get a good link from the announcement soon!

Reactions: M Rose

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

-M
Great! Looking forward to testing this out. Do you want bug reports in this thread or will you start a new one?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Is this the correct build number from the play store? I deleted my beta install to be sure:

Screenshot_20200616-084101.png

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

The new release is working fairly well on my Pixel 3 XL. The only issues I have so far are :
- Backing out of the forums takes you back to the top of the All Threads list. It would be nice if it returned you to the last post that you clicked on.
- Clicking on a link under My Community from the homepage takes you to the top of the last page of the thread as opposed to linking directly to the latest post. The same thing happens when linking from the Notifications area.

These are minor annoyances and not really bugs.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
The new release is working fairly well on my Pixel 3 XL. The only issues I have so far are :
- Backing out of the forums takes you back to the top of the All Threads list. It would be nice if it returned you to the last post that you clicked on.
- Clicking on a link under My Community from the homepage takes you to the top of the last page of the thread as opposed to linking directly to the latest post. The same thing happens when linking from the Notifications area.

These are minor annoyances and not really bugs.
Totally agree with this - we will be resoplving this issue.

Reactions: Brett L.
Status
Not open for further replies.