Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Szymanski
Member #

Thanks, Brett! Didn't know that. So then the Map stuff doesn't work yet? I know it's a Beta. We're really looking forward to the full version.

GITINOVRLND EXPLRR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clever, MO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Runner
Member #

Improvement:
iOS 13.4.1
iPhone 8
When going back to a previous page in a thread you are taken to the bottom of the page. If you scroll to the top of the window too fast you can do a pull to refresh and be taken back to the last page of the thread.

Operational question:
Should I be open a thread from the app home page or list of notifications?
I am unable to open most them.

Comment:
This is awesome Michael. Yourself, Corrie, and the team have great ideas. It will only get better.
If I had this many testers working for me I would certainly be ecstatic.

Request:
The screen, when entering the app, showing the Overland Bound logos with my member number is awesome. I had to time it correctly to get a screenshot to make it my phone’s background. Is there an easier way to get this to display?
Hi Ben!

Thank you for reporting and for the improvements! We KNOW that -> going back to thread should take you to previous post you were viewing <- issue - thats a biggie!

Regarding the Splash screen with your number - haha - it is fast! We had a discussion about this an one general principle we have is that the app should NEVER get in the users way unnecessarily - in some situations, that screen will show longer (trying to connect etc) but if its fast we wont artificially slow it down.

Thanks for the response!
No no. Ha ha. I certainly would not want the app to slow down.

Reactions: Michael

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Michael,

Great work so far by the entire team so far! Loving the app and it continues to get better. I do have a quick question. Do you have a updated ETA on the Map feature? Just curious because I’ve got a trip planned for mid June so figured it would be an ideal time to test it and submit feedback if it were to be live at that point. No rush though I know good things take time!

RawrCES

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portsmouth, VA
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I was maybe hoping for an almost "live" update feature so when reading a longer discussion or thread i dont have to keep re locating where I left off.

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
Listening to the videos and very much looking forward to the map section in v1.0. Wanted to check on a feature - when making a point of interest private, can one share that point with a limited number of other members? I’m thinking that if people have private spots they’ve found and don’t want to make them public, but wanted to grant visibility to a trusted friend, it’d be awesome (especially on the receiving end of the share)!

I ask because the hardest part of getting the family out is making sure we have a spot to go to. Would love to be able to share locations semi-publicly, if possible.

Thanks!

Reactions: Aussie571

sappy96

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

King George, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Kaliniowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKU477
Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I downloaded the OB1 app and it was fine for a few days. Now it starts, and then the screen goes blank immediately after loading. This started to occur after my member number was added to my account. I tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times. My phone is a Galaxy S9. Thank your.

sappy96

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

King George, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Kaliniowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKU477
Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I downloaded the OB1 app and it was fine for a few days. Now it starts, and then the screen goes blank immediately after loading. This started to occur after my member number was added to my account. I tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times. My phone is a Galaxy S9. Thank your.
Not sure what changed, but it's working now. Thank you!

Scott_Milk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Kelley
Member #

Whenever browsing the forum, I often scroll down a ways before opening a thread. I'll read the thread and back out to continue browsing. Only problem is it always restarts back at the top of the list of threads so I have to flick back down a ways and find where I was.
If it's possible to remember where you were previously, even if I had scrolled far enough to have to load more threads, and return there when I go back, that would be amazing. It would only go to the top when making a new search or you just opened the app for the first time in a while.

rvrgrip

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

@Michael .... i second this observation. It drives me nuts to the point I'm not on this program. Really looking forward to the new fully functional application coming out. Hope this issue is resolved, with it. Love this platform, overall... i will be converting and leaving social media altogether for this new source of knowledge, entertainment, and camaraderie..

thank you for bringing this up @Scott_Milk .. great call... (also noticed as tagging your name, wasn't allowed to choose from the pop up recommendations.. another fun fix for the future)
Take care and be well.... OB3746

Reactions: Scott_Milk

Puravidajurnys

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Amos
Member #

New to OB and I just downloaded the app. I know it is still a work in progress, but for some reason when I login it shows me as a non-member and I need to upgrade to member status to get all the features.

Let me know if I need to put this question somewhere else or I simply need to send an email. TIA

Cheers

Ben_in_ILM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Myrtle Grove, NC
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Map update would be really good. The forum needs some work. Whenever going back to the previous page it scrolls all the way back up to the top.

Ben_in_ILM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Myrtle Grove, NC
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

It's an ongoing thing. Really it is only good for the forum at this point. But, it is progressing.

Mikemac

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Myrtle Creek, OR 97457, USA
First Name
MikeAndJennie
Last Name
MacEachern
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Hi, Michael,
On Android, I still have version 20200804. Has there been an update that I'm missing?

Epage

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pensacola, FL, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Page
Member #

I have been unable to update my version since the initial beta rollout. I have downloaded newer versions and installed, but it doesnt show as updated. Is there an Update feature to the beta version. I'm still on 20200518 for Android.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

I have been unable to update my version since the initial beta rollout. I have downloaded newer versions and installed, but it doesnt show as updated. Is there an Update feature to the beta version. I'm still on 20200518 for Android.
Are you using Overland Bound One? The old app was Overland Bound Talk which is no longer being used or updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.