First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Welcome to the Overland Bound, OB1 Beta Test Program

We are pleased to announce we are now in Beta, with a new point release 0.9.0 - thank you all for participating in this milestone!

Please keep in mind this is Beta Software. This means it may be broken in some cases. This is expected. There some "Known Issues". If you leave a post and it does not get a response it probably means the post goes into the "Known Issue" category, and we appreciate your report.

Please provide any specific information about issues you find. You can do that right here in this thread.

Known Issue: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

When reporting bugs:

Provide report type: Bug, Feature, or Improvement.
Provide platform: iOS or Android
Provide Device Info: What are you using?
Reproduction steps: Let us know how to reproduce the issue.

Ideas: We want to know what is frustrating, unclear, or could be improved. Most importantly, what would make you use this app as your preferred forum, map, event app.

OB1 has now been opened up for broader distribution.

APPLE BUILD:
Available on iOS: iSO 0.9.0 Build
ANDROID BUILD: May be downloaded here (option to install APKs must be enabled): Android Build 0.9.0

Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!

- Michael and Team

RELEASE NOTES:

Features:
  • Toast error when trying delete a post
  • Tapping a users icon presents their profile page
  • MESSAGES: Can now access old messages in a long message thread
Bugs Fixed:
  • Logging out of app from causes login fields to not be accessible
  • Tapping on EDIT Profile freezes APP
  • HAMBURGER stack on Forums home page to close to top of the screen
  • Login/password fields are not responding
  • Reply Button Gone
  • Add underline to "forgot password" link on login screen
  • Forum urls in posts go to web version of app
  • Fix missing prefix titles on thread cards.

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all - version 0.9.0 is now live! Many small items fixed. We will be making frequent releases. We are also preparing to publish this app more broadly now. Thank you for all of your efforts and the excellent reports. You guys are alike a pro testing squad! Very useful! Let us know what you find!

Thanks again all!

M

Last edited:

Narwhal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgetown, Texas, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Service Branch
Navy - Submarines
Hey all - version 0.9.0 is now live! Many small items fixed. We will be making frequent releases. We are also preparing to publish this app more broadly now. Thank you for all of your efforts and the excellent reports. You guys are alike a pro testing squad! Very useful! Let us know what you find!

Thanks again all!

M
Hey Michael,

Great looking app so far, I love the look.
Is there a guide of what we’re able to to on the app? I’m seeing what I think are the navigation icons, but cannot select them. Just trying to figure out what I can play with
Cheers brother!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Thanks again all!

M
Hey Michael,

Great looking app so far, I love the look.
Is there a guide of what we’re able to to on the app? I’m seeing what I think are the navigation icons, but cannot select them. Just trying to figure out what I can play with
Cheers brother!
Thanks for trying it out! During Beta, anything that is grayed out is not yet released. So in the toolbar, that includes Rally Point and the Member Map. Those are coming soon! Messages work, and the forums work.

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Welcome to the Overland Bound, OB1 Beta Test Program

We are pleased to announce we are now in Beta, with a new point release 0.9.0 - thank you all for participating in this milestone!

Please keep in mind this is Beta Software. This means it may be broken in some cases. This is expected. There some "Known Issues". If you leave a post and it does not get a response it probably means the post goes into the "Known Issue" category, and we appreciate your report.

Please provide any specific information about issues you find. You can do that right here in this thread.

Known Issue: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

When reporting bugs:

Provide report type: Bug, Feature, or Improvement.
Provide platform: iOS or Android
Provide Device Info: What are you using?
Reproduction steps: Let us know how to reproduce the issue.

Ideas: We want to know what is frustrating, unclear, or could be improved. Most importantly, what would make you use this app as your preferred forum, map, event app.

OB1 has now been opened up for broader distribution.

APPLE BUILD:
Available on iOS: iSO 0.9.0 Build
ANDROID BUILD: May be downloaded here (option to install APKs must be enabled): Android Build 0.9.0

Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!

- Michael and Team

RELEASE NOTES:

Features:
  • Toast error when trying delete a post
  • Tapping a users icon presents their profile page
  • MESSAGES: Can now access old messages in a long message thread
Bugs Fixed:
  • Logging out of app from causes login fields to not be accessible
  • Tapping on EDIT Profile freezes APP
  • HAMBURGER stack on Forums home page to close to top of the screen
  • Login/password fields are not responding
  • Reply Button Gone
  • Add underline to "forgot password" link on login screen
  • Forum urls in posts go to web version of app
  • Fix missing prefix titles on thread cards.
Hi @Michael & Dev Team,

New beta 0.9.0 does work on an Android tablet (Landscape No!)...had to uninstall 0.8.54 first ...then restart tablet...then it would allow me to install the new app!
My Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (2016) running Android ver 8.1.0
Everything that is available seems to be working properly at this point..except that only notifications regarding the Beta 0.9.0 Release Notes seem to be selectable!
The problem is the same on my Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile phone running Android ver 9.0...not sure if that is normal at the moment!
This is going to be awesome!

Adrian

Last edited:

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Unable to post screen recording, but images only zoom to center, unable to pan around the image. Also, when zooming out, rather than snapping to original size, it zooms to a miniature image.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
It appears that due to the background being primarily white in OB1, the iPhone battery/time/cell signal info at the top disappears

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi @Michael & Dev Team,

New beta 0.9.0 does work on an Android tablet (Landscape No!)...had to uninstall 0.8.54 first ...then restart tablet...then it would allow me to install the new app!
My Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (2016) running Android ver 8.1.0
Everything that is available seems to be working properly at this point..except that only notifications regarding the Beta 0.9.0 Release Notes seem to be selectable!
The problem is the same on my Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile phone running Android ver 9.0...not sure if that is normal at the moment!
This is going to be awesome!

Adrian
Hi there! Thank you for giving it a try! We have not done any work to support tablets, so you will get intermittent success on anything but profile aspect ratio phones (no landscape) for now.

Reactions: Aussie571

OTHERMIKEtm

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wichita, KS, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Talbert
Member #

@Michael I just watched the video on YouTube for the app. I then signed up here. I tried to login to the app with my user info for the forums and it didn't recognize me. Do I need to sign up on the app? I did try to sign up, but after entering all my info the submit button doesn't do anything. Thanks!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael I just watched the video on YouTube for the app. I then signed up here. I tried to login to the app with my user info for the forums and it didn't recognize me. Do I need to sign up on the app? I did try to sign up, but after entering all my info the submit button doesn't do anything. Thanks!
Your regular forum login should work. What did you enter for Username?

Reactions: OTHERMIKEtm
Status
Not open for further replies.