Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi there! Thank you for giving it a try! We have not done any work to support tablets, so you will get intermittent success on anything but profile aspect ratio phones (no landscape) for now.
No worries @Michael ...the post was more about giving you info on what was the upgrade experience for me!
I knew about the landscape feature not working on a tablet!

GITINOVRLND EXPLRR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clever, MO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Runner
Member #

You have an old version Danan? Can you give me the build number on the bottom of the slideout menu?
I see the battery but not signal or time in the forum pages. You can barely make out the time and signal on the home page since it is slightly gray with white topographic lines.
iPhone 8 Model: MQ6K2LL/A
iOS 13.4.1
App version 0.9.0.2020041504
CA7912D5-731C-4822-852D-2598C646E303.png

Last edited:

79burban

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evant, Texas, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Provide report type: App crash
Provide platform: iOS 13.3.1, android 5.1.1
Provide Device Info:iPhone 7, galaxy s5
Reproduction steps: open hamburger menu, select notifications

Last edited:

League With A T

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Teague
Last Name
Styles-Tripp
Member #

Hopefully this is the right spot for this..

I'm currently on [0.9.0.2020041600] on Android (Samsung note 8, Android version 9, One UI v1.0). Some potential bugs/improvements might include:

- One thing I've found to be pretty annoying on the app so far is when you're scrolling through and reach the end of a page in a thread and hit next. Currently it takes me to the bottom of the page for the next one instead of the top and I have to scroll up a ton. Hopefully this isn't intended.

- Two sometimes hitting the next button has accidentally taken me to the very last page with no way to easily return to the middle of a thread. I don't know if this is because of the "hitbox" of the buttons being less well defined than the arrow images or my own user error or what. I ended up having to go back to the start and hit next through a bunch of pages to get back to where I was originally. Being able to click the page number between the arrows and set a desired page or something might be nice as an improvement to quickly move through threads. Pretty nice app so far though .

Reactions: NickS and 79burban

79burban

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evant, Texas, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

I'm currently on [0.9.0.2020041600] on Android (Samsung note 8). Some potential bugs/improvements might include:

- One thing I've found to be pretty annoying on the app so far is when you're scrolling through and reach the end of a page in a thread and hit next. Currently it takes me to the bottom of the page for the next one instead of the top and I have to scroll up a ton. Hopefully this isn't intended.

- Two sometimes hitting the next button has accidentally taken me to the very last page with no way to easily return to the middle of a thread. I don't know if this is because of the "hitbox" of the buttons being less well defined than the arrow images or my own user error or what. I ended up having to go back to the start and hit next through a bunch of pages to get back to where I was originally. Being able to click the page number between the arrows and set a desired page or something might be nice as an improvement to quickly move through threads. Pretty nice app so far though .
Have had similar problem on ios 13.3.1, App build number 9.0.9.2020041504

League With A T

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Teague
Last Name
Styles-Tripp
Member #

I'm currently on [0.9.0.2020041600] on Android (Samsung note 8, Android version 9, One UI v1.0). Some potential bugs/improvements might include:

Bug 3?: I've noticed today that a few threads that have pictures only show a little blank white square instead of a picture. Oddly enough some threads have pictures I can see though. Is this a poster error or file size too big to display on the app but might display on the online forum page?

Edit: the images I mentioned are from the Rath trailer build and I just checked the online forum and can see the pictures fine there, but they don't show up on the app except as previously mentioned.

Last edited:

BoraDa Travels

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Punta Gorda Florida
First Name
Kieran
Last Name
Smart
Member #

Service Branch
RAF
@Michael is there a way to make it when you back out of a thread your reading on it doesn’t send you all the way back to the top of the previous page? Idk about anyone else but it’s a little frustrating if your half way down a page to get sent back to the top and have to scroll and find where you was at. Just a thought man.
I don’t follow at all . It’s a Login problem I have had before and it was cleared for me as no matter what I did I couldn’t log in. Doesn’t matter . I’ll live without the app

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Provide report type: Bug
Provide platform: iOS
Provide Device Info: iPhone X
Reproduction steps: Scrolling down the feed.

This also happened in the original version, but keep on forgetting to report it. Sometimes, as I'm scrolling down and get to the end and when more threads show up, I get a glitch where the screen will start jumping up and down. I can push through it and keep scrolling down, but it does get annoying at times. When I say jump up and down I mean move up the page and then down, but usually it just moves up and I have to manually scroll down.
Update to this one. After awhile of doing this I end up with a blank screen showing nothing.

Attachments

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Bug
Android 10
Lg G8
Load a forum thread using images hosted off site.

Viewing threads that have images posted from websites such as Imgur, and using the [img ] [/ img] tags, the images don't load and simply appear as squares.

Attachments

Reactions: MattLopez-OB

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Provide report type: bug/improvement
Provide platform: Android
Provide Device Info: Motorola Moto Z Play
Reproduction steps: hit reply to a thread

Not sure if this has already been reported, but I find that when I try to reply on a thread, to a comment someone else has made, it takes an inordinately long time to respond. It just kind of hangs for many seconds, and then finally after 30 seconds or so, gives me the cursor and allows me to type. Would be ideal to speed this up a bit so it doesn't appear to be freezing all the time.

In general, the app looks really nice, however it feels claustrophobic, for lack of a better term. It would be nice to change the default opening screen to be "by category" to give me a big overview instead of going right into the most recent threads.

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Not sure if this has already been reported, but I find that when I try to reply on a thread, to a comment someone else has made, it takes an inordinately long time to respond. It just kind of hangs for many seconds, and then finally after 30 seconds or so, gives me the cursor and allows me to type. Would be ideal to speed this up a bit so it doesn't appear to be freezing all the time.

In general, the app looks really nice, however it feels claustrophobic, for lack of a better term. It would be nice to change the default opening screen to be "by category" to give me a big overview instead of going right into the most recent threads.
Are you still having this issue?

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

I just tested this on my Android phone, and found no issue with this.

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Bug
Android 10
Lg G8

Viewing threads that have images posted from websites such as Imgur, and using the [img ] [/ img] tags, the images don't load and simply appear as squares.
@Michael Have you noticed any issues with this?

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

I just found a bug myself.

On Android 9, on my Moto G7, after putting the "@" to try and tag someone, and the list pops up, it won't allow me to tap on a name from the list to tag that person.

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Bug
Android 10
Lg G8

@Michael Have you noticed any issues with this?

I thought maybe it was just my internet at first. But after testing other posts with images uploaded via the forum/app that worked fine, and then waiting a while on the post with img tag images (in case they needed to load) I figured out they just aren't gonna load up.

jolagues

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Carmichael, California, United States
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Olagues
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QXA
Welcome to the Overland Bound, OB1 Beta Test Program

We are pleased to announce we are now in Beta, with a new point release 0.9.0 - thank you all for participating in this milestone!

Please keep in mind this is Beta Software. This means it may be broken in some cases. This is expected. There some "Known Issues". If you leave a post and it does not get a response it probably means the post goes into the "Known Issue" category, and we appreciate your report.

Please provide any specific information about issues you find. You can do that right here in this thread.

Known Issue: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

When reporting bugs:

Provide report type: Bug, Feature, or Improvement.
Provide platform: iOS or Android
Provide Device Info: What are you using?
Reproduction steps: Let us know how to reproduce the issue.

Ideas: We want to know what is frustrating, unclear, or could be improved. Most importantly, what would make you use this app as your preferred forum, map, event app.

OB1 has now been opened up for broader distribution.

APPLE BUILD:
Available on iOS: iSO 0.9.0 Build
ANDROID BUILD: May be downloaded here (option to install APKs must be enabled): Android Build 0.9.0

Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!

- Michael and Team

RELEASE NOTES:

Features:
  • Toast error when trying delete a post
  • Tapping a users icon presents their profile page
  • MESSAGES: Can now access old messages in a long message thread
Bugs Fixed:
  • Logging out of app from causes login fields to not be accessible
  • Tapping on EDIT Profile freezes APP
  • HAMBURGER stack on Forums home page to close to top of the screen
  • Login/password fields are not responding
  • Reply Button Gone
  • Add underline to "forgot password" link on login screen
  • Forum urls in posts go to web version of app
  • Fix missing prefix titles on thread cards.
i was on the beta and it was working Well then when I opened test flight today it said I had been removed.

Reactions: M Rose

huf67

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Terre Haute, IN, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Schinkel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9HUF
I believe I'm using the latest version, 0.9.0.2**** but I'm curious if the app looks for the latest version when you open it ?? Or automatically updates ?? I know this is all beta and bugs are still being worked out but as of right now I can only see the message boards and everything else is grayed out. I'm running the latest version of Android on a Pixel 4XL.

Msfitoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro NC
First Name
Sid
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
working on it
Forgive my ignorance but I've been seeing a lot of announcement about the the long awaited Overlandbound app but how and where do I get this on my IOS?

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Forgive my ignorance but I've been seeing a lot of announcement about the the long awaited Overlandbound app but how and where do I get this on my IOS?
Download the Test Flight app from the iOS App Store and then follow this link:

iSO 0.9.0 Build

I think the beta is limited to a certain number of people (I believe that's what @Michael said in one of his YouTube videos) so it may not be available any longer if the number has been reached. The first post in this thread has some more information as well.

Reactions: Msfitoy
Status
Not open for further replies.